NEWS

[IC] There will be flood.

• 377 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #330 on: <03-09-14/0638:59> »
"Ouch, straight for the jugular, honey?" answered Rat at Panther's comment. He got out of the front seat after giving her a wink and made his way to the back, taking a door seat and putting the shotgun, barrel facing down, between his legs.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #331 on: <03-09-14/1501:23> »
Three Star threw the harness of grenades into Rat's lap, albeit carefully, to give him something else to be concerned with. Replacing the Ork he then got into the front of the Comet. He rested the AK-97 on his lap, the throwing knives now sitting under his blue Actioneer. He didn't look at the new warm body, just said "Good Afternoon," keeping his attention outside the vehicle.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #332 on: <03-09-14/1520:43> »
Quinten got in the backseat of the car and sent Black Panther an address not to far away from the Ancient-controlled police station.
"That should be close enough for them to get to the station and for you to reach the microtap, but far enough to be relatively safe. I trust you've been briefed by -what's his name again, John?- and you brought the gizmo they'll need to plant on the safe?"

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #333 on: <03-09-14/1711:54> »
"Sure," Panther said as she moved on, "and I have the optical tap, plus two more of my own if needed.  Anybody of you know how to place one?  I also have a dragonfly in the air, so anything special I need to look out for?"

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #334 on: <03-09-14/2011:17> »
Rat, being careful with the grenades, smiled while his attention was still on what was on his lap. That would be me, my black bunny" answered the ork at Panther's question.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Silence

• Omae
  • I swear, I'm innocent. Just ask the nuns.
« Reply #335 on: <03-09-14/2014:42> »
"Spoken like a man who never had to tell a guy his wife is having an affair with his mother" Spooky chuckles.  "I'm Spooky, and being cautious is just another part of my job."

"Boomer, you want eyes astral?"
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend" - every instructor out there

"Maybe in your case, but he's a great buddy I'm leaving behind." - Siouxsie

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #336 on: <03-10-14/0031:48> »
Three Star's eye twitched. Maybe, just maybe, it would be acceptable for just one team member to drown in the flood in the future, right? He would gauge if it would be an acceptable loss. "Yes, Spooky, please make yourself useful." He said before Boomer could answer.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #337 on: <03-10-14/0112:53> »
Rat laughed out loud. "Hey, detective," said Rat, looking at Spooky, "do you detect a certain hostility in the air? If I didn't know any better, I would say you're rubbing our friend, Three Star, the wrong way."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #338 on: <03-10-14/0312:15> »
'What kind of dysfunctional team did I manage to pick up,' she thought as she
Panther handed over the optical tap, while keeping an eye on the road and having a small window with a feed of the drone.  She had decided she wasn't going to give one of her own drones.
"I want that back, okay," she said, "now, what is your target so I can have my dragonfly go over it.  I'll keep it there as long as you are inside or until it's spotted, whichever comes first."

When she got it, she sent the small drone, almost invisible thanks to it's chameleon coating, over the target, sending the feed to Quiten, the only one who's commlink number she had.  He would have to sent it to the rest..  She would keep it circling so she could tell the team for instance if reinforcements would arrive.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #339 on: <03-10-14/1304:39> »
Seeing the 'Incoming Feed' message appear on his AR, Quinten chose the 'Refuse' option and forwarded it to the team instead.
"Please handle these things with the others, I am already much more involved in this than I had hoped to become.", said the Laésasa. "Fieldwork is not really my forte. I would certainly hope the team I assembled for my employer is more than capable of dealing with this. Now if you'll excuse me I've a few calls to make."
« Last Edit: <03-20-14/1414:48> by Xzylvador »

Yogi

• Omae
« Reply #340 on: <03-10-14/2119:32> »
Boomer accepted the forward from Quinten.  "I'll take the feed.  I think I'm the only one with a comlink.  Does that drone you have I be air have any weapons on it?  I'd also like an aerial shot of the compound.  We've seen it from ground level but the top down view always gives a different perspective."  He paused for a moment.  "If we can do this quietly all the better.  Like I said before the area is well defended. An all out assault would be tough."
Thoughts
Speaking
Comlink

Silence

• Omae
  • I swear, I'm innocent. Just ask the nuns.
« Reply #341 on: <03-11-14/0007:41> »
"If we're going to do some serious surveillance, then we should stop by my car."  Spooky says after a moment's thought. "Most of my gear is in it.  All they have of mine is the disposable 'link and the Remington.  Didn't think I'd need to go all-out for a basic meet."
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend" - every instructor out there

"Maybe in your case, but he's a great buddy I'm leaving behind." - Siouxsie

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #342 on: <03-11-14/0410:47> »
"It doesn't have weapons," Panther said, "it's only a minidrone and I though it better to have an upgraded sensor package then to add weapons.  Just a second, feed coming up."
As the drone arrived above the indicated compound, she activated all the sensors.  A camera with magnification, enhancers and thermo vision should be enough to find people walking around, but she also had a motion sensor and a directional microphone, which she also activated onto some people she could see together.  It might give nothing, but it could give an idea on what was going on.  She also activated her signal scanner to check on radio signals in the compound.  That should give at least a lead on the amount of people inside the building, where the other scanners couldn't see.

"Where is your car," she asked Spooky.  If it wasn't too far, she wouldn't mind going for it, but she wasn't planning on driving to the other side of the city.

[spoiler]
sensor package on the drone:
motion sensor, radio signal scanner r4, directional microphone (audio enhancement r2), camera (thermographic vision, vision enhancement r2, vision magnification)

If the car isn't too far, consider that I drive you guys there (in case I can't reply before my holiday.
[/spoiler]

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #343 on: <03-12-14/0358:29> »
According to Boomer's mapsoft the apartment building where your first meeting with Quinten was arranged and, more to the point, where you parked your car is roughly an hour drive away. Theoretically it could be quicker if you take shortcuts on some smaller roads. That is, of course, without taking into account that mapsoft calculates time 'til arrival on regular speed regulations and hasn't really been updated for places like the Puyallup barrens in decades. Some of the roads -especially the smaller ones- may be it terrible condition to the point of non-existance (either destroyed by magma or quakes, blocked or torn apart by falling debris or buried under thick layers of ashes) or pass straight through areas that are controlled and possibly barricaded by one gang or the other.
So in reality, the drive will possibly take longer.

Yogi

• Omae
« Reply #344 on: <03-17-14/1410:57> »
Boomer pulled up his mapsoft in an AR window and gets a location of where they currently are and where their vehicles were parked for the meet.  It was then a frown came across his face. 

Looking in the rear view mirror he looked at Panther.  "Our vehicles are parked more than an hours drive from here.  That's barring anything hindering us in getting there like traffic, bad roads or more gangs."  He looked around at the others.  "The longer we take to go get our gear the more trouble we're going to have.  The longer the truck or more importantly those on the truck are not in contact with the Ancients compound the higher security will most likely be.  They will be wondering what happened.  Personally I'd lock the place down.  Any thoughts?"

Thoughts
Speaking
Comlink