NEWS

[IC] There will be flood.

• 377 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <09-25-13/0847:40> »
"People call me Rat. I get in and out of places mostly, but I can also throw a punch" responded the young ork. "Also a huge fan of UB. Anyone follow sports?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Yogi

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <09-25-13/0856:55> »
Boomer smiled as Rat spoke.   "Not always.  More likely to if I'm putting away beers at the bar though."

Just as he finished speaking his chrono alarm went off.  He looked at Spooky who was at the window.  "Well my alarm just went off.  It's 9:30. Spooky can you see anything from where you're standing.  It's not like a J to not show up." .

The stocky Dwarf stood up and made sure that his jacket was opened enough to allow access to his weapon.  "Did any of you get any info about the employer.   All I was able to get was that they were a group of elven smugglers.  I'm still waiting on more info."

[spoiler]
JiC (30d6.hits(5)=11)
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-25-13/0913:34> by Yogi »
Thoughts
Speaking
Comlink

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <09-25-13/1017:07> »
Rat noticed the dwarf arranging for easy access into his jacket and started looking at the other people present in the room. "Nothing besides they were a bunch of keebs" answered the ork to Boomer. He then took his commlink and decided to put it in hidden mode. The setup didn't sit right with him, so he decided to casually have a look around.

[spoiler]JiC (30d6.hits(5)=6)[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <09-25-13/1111:42> »
"Well, as it is all ready half passed the hour, I, Three star shall take my leave instead of chatting. I need not waste my time on Johnson's who cannot keep their own timetables." Three star walked passed the two other runners and headed for the door and staircase, ignoring any verbal attempts by the strangers to interject or stop him.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <09-25-13/1123:46> »
As the human got up and passed by him, Rat also got up, ready for anything that might happen. After Three Star passes him, Rat gets a stick of gum out and puts it in his mouth. "You guys know anything more than I do about the Johnson?" asks Rat, as he goes to the door, keeping an eye on the man that just left, ready to run away if something was to happen suddenly.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Silence

• Omae
  • I swear, I'm innocent. Just ask the nuns.
« Reply #20 on: <09-25-13/1155:33> »
"No clear sign of anyone who might be the Johnson from here." Spooky says, a bit annoyed, "The good news is it doesn't look like anyone's setting up a breach through here.  Three Star, if there's trouble coming from the stairs, you're in the best position to intercept it."

He didn't make any bones about making it easier to access he Roomsweeper, he had it out and pointed down as he checked out the alleyway again.  He dialed Maurice quickly, and left a message.  "Johnson hasn't shown on time, and I've got three other irritated professionals here.  I suggest you not do biz with these guys again, or call them and ask what the frag is going down."
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend" - every instructor out there

"Maybe in your case, but he's a great buddy I'm leaving behind." - Siouxsie

Yogi

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <09-25-13/1210:57> »
Boomer cocked his head as the one who kept referring to himself in the third person got up and left.  I wonder if he always talks that way.  It's dam sure going to be annoying to work with that is this job comes through.    He thought as he watched the others.   He could see the anxiety but they all seemed to keep it cool.  Good.  Looks like they have some experience at least.   

Sighing he looked at the other rooms.  "I'll check out the other rooms."  As he looked he made sure to get the comlink ID's of the others with his public link and then forward them to his hidden one.  He then turned off his public link. 

she spoke up as she searched.  "Like I said a bit ago I have little to go on about the J.  An Omae of mine did a little digging and gave it up as it all pointed to warnings that he should stop asking questions.  'Secretive stuff with some very serious people'.  Those were his words."  He quoted his friend. 

[spoiler]
Perception check for the adjoining rooms including the bathroom INT 4 +Perception 4 +Vision enhance + active search 3 =14 (14d6.hits(5) =6)
[/spoiler]
Thoughts
Speaking
Comlink

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <09-25-13/1945:14> »
Rat didn't get why the human referring to himself as Three Star was so upset about. Sure, they were supposed to be here at 9:30, but who's never late? What made the ork nervous, though, was that Three Star made it look like a setup. Rat had seen his fair share of them in his days, and this looked like your standard recon before a spraying. Hearing Spooker say the alley was clean was a little comforting to him, but he couldn't shake his gut feelings and kept his eyes open.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Silence

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <09-25-13/2026:21> »
"Lovely." Spooky said, sounding a lot less pleased than he was when he'd heard there was some work, "Sounds like we're dealing straight with Laes, or people trained by the Tir Ghosts.  Anyone got something we can leave here for observation while we pull back?  If we're wrong, no harm, no foul.  If we're right, we're clear if this is a set-up."

Maurice wouldn't set somebody up deliberately.  It would be bad for business all around.  But Lesker would, and he might have the leverage to force Maurice into it.  He looked around, gauging the reactions of the others for a minute.  Mostly nonhuman at the moment, and one moving like he was trained by law enforcement.  If he's a crooked undercover, we've got a problem.  If not, we've got an asset that can run off the same playbook I know.

"Three Star, pull back to a standard observing perimeter.  Check danger close, as well.  Frequency Tango Three.  If there are unfriendlies about, we need to know ASAP.  Boomer, anything in those other rooms that seems out of place?"

Attaching the subvocal mike, he keyed his personal comlink to life, setting it to receive on the standard law enforcement tactical frequency.  Time to see which Three Star was.  They had no encryption, but if the frequency suddenly went dead, that told him plenty.
« Last Edit: <09-25-13/2031:08> by Silence »
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend" - every instructor out there

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <09-25-13/2129:13> »
Rat didn't like this at all. He fought every instinct he had to run and instead he said "I'll keep an eye on the corridor, omae" to Spooky.

[spoiler]Intuition 5 + Perceptive 1 + Perception 5 + Attention Coprocessor 3 + Vision Enhancers 3 + Actively looking 3 + Audio Enhancement 3 (23d6.hits(5)=10) Drop the last 3 if there is no sound, but that still leaves Rat with 10 hits, no glitches.[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <09-26-13/1000:50> »
Three Star was heading downstairs to check the room under theirs, when he received the man's open broadcast. Taking a breath, he responded on the mentioned channel, "I see you have some training then." Even if you sound idiotic. "I'm going to listen in on the room below us, I suggest you check the one above."
He will reach the doorway of the apartment directly below them and listens for any sounds inside and any other suspicious noises using his audio enhancement.

[spoiler]Actively Listening (16d6.hits(5)=6) I didn't actually realize i had made someone who rolls this much for hearing.
All the things. (60d6=211)[/spoiler]

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #26 on: <09-26-13/1016:15> »
About 15 minutes after the time you were supposed to be there, a young boy, age around 10 or 12 and dressed in clothes that look like they were donated to charity about ten years ago and never washed since, walks to the apartment's door. He fishes a crumpled piece of paper out of his pockets.
"Hey, misters. I'm supposed to give this to you."

Silence

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <09-26-13/1027:05> »
"Roger that, checking the upstairs."  Spooky popped the window, and headed up the fire escape to check the apartment above them.

"Hold one, what's happening in the meeting room?"

[spoiler]Checking the room upstairs. (16d6.hits(5)=5)  Knock off two dice for anything non-visual.
Assensing the upstairs (12d6.hits(5)=7) [/spoiler]

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <09-26-13/1033:45> »
Rat takes the piece of paper from the child and tells him "I'll take it from here kid, get lost" with a hand motion. He then went back into the room once he made sure the child was by himself and told Boomer and Spooky "Boomer, other guy, some kid just delivered a note, you might want to come in" as he read it to himself first.

Edit:[spoiler]JiC (30d6.hits(5)=10) Sorry for that.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-26-13/1124:42> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #29 on: <09-26-13/1105:31> »
The kid stays standing there. "Hey! The guy said you'd give me a reward!", he shouts.

@ Rat: The note's handwritten and reads: "Fire escape, down the alley. Across the street, up the fire escape to the left. First floor, third window."

Guys, please add your "Just in Case" rolls!
Also, forgot: Need an Edge roll for Boomer.
« Last Edit: <09-26-13/1112:01> by Xzylvador »