NEWS

[IC] There will be flood.

  • 377 Replies
  • 49863 Views

Xzylvador

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3666
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« on: <09-20-13/1733:18> »
Seattle, August 20th 2074. Rain, rain, rain. At least it's only mildly acidic today. That's something, right?

@Rat:
Incoming message from Charley: "Hey kid. Got word that a bunch of Elves are hirin' a buncha 'runners. So I thought maybe if I getcha in, you remember who sent ya when payday arrives. Be there at nine thirty tomorrow mornin'."

@Spooky:
Incoming voice message from Maurice: "Job opportunity. This address. Tomorrow, half past nine in the AM. Don't be late."

@Boomer:
Leady invited you over to a bar for some beers, laughs and gun-talk... maybe some target practice in the barrens later, shooting random items in some empty warehouse. It's been a while, you've both been busy with your own lives. You've known the guy for a long time and sense there's something he's not telling you but are confident he'll spit it out when the time is right. The right time arrives after several beers in the bar, a box of ammunition, three incendiary grenades and a shared bottle of moonshine inside the warehouse/firing range.
"So, one of the guys who gets my supplies past the border says his boss knows this guy who's been looking to hire some runners. Knew  I'd been moving good amount of explosives and suggested that maybe if I knew someone who knew their way around with 'em, they'd have a job for him." He seems a bit reluctant to tell you this. "I tried to do some more digging, but other than the Elven smugglers being involved, I found nothing more than a lot of warnings saying I should stop asking questions. Very secretive stuff going on, chummer, with some very serious people. But I know you need the money, so yeah... If you think you're up to it..."

@Three Star:
Richard Salt gives you a call. He starts with some small talk but pretty quickly mentions he heard a rumor from one of his smuggler contacts who moves stuff through elf territory. He can't give you much more information other than he's dealt with these people before and they seem to be reliable... You know, relatively speaking. "Businesslike, you'll like them." After giving you the time and address, he wishes you the best of luck and lots of well-wishes for your father's health before hanging up.

@P.I.G:
Big Merch comes into your apartment, dropping off this weeks "Special order, just for you, my man." with a big smile on his face. While you sort out the capsules of Jazz, Novacoke and Long Haul and prepare to shoot up, he sits down in one your white faux-leather sofas and starts telling you about this run the boss of one of the guys he gets his supplies from is supposedly setting up. "These guys run a monopoly on some very unique kinda dope and I could really use havin' 'em be friendly with me. So I told'em I know somebody who's just great at doin' all sorts of jobs and would definitely want a piece of the action."


You all get a room number (206) and the address of an apartment building in southern Auburn, near the Puyallup border.

[spoiler]I'll let (most of) you decide for yourself what time of day your character gets this and what else is going on. When your character sheets are approved and up on OOC, please start posting and introduce yourselves.
If there's anything I wrote that doesn't "fit" with your contact or character, let me know. We're just getting to know each other.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-21-13/0330:03> by Xzylvador »

Chrona

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3794
« Reply #1 on: <09-21-13/1535:34> »
Three Star had his feet up when he got the call, he closed his AR book and spoke to Salt through the usual social graces and chit chat and thanked him for his information. He got an early night to be ready for the uncharacteristically early meeting. In the morning he will put on his blue Actioneer and head out to the meeting, aiming to arrive an hour early.

Yogi

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 287
« Reply #2 on: <09-21-13/1735:23> »
Boomer was beyond happy when he received the invite from Leady.  It had been far to long since they last took some time to catch up.  Such was life though.  It often got in the way of what made life important and one of those important things was friends. 

Leady was one of those friends that came once in a lifetime.  When they got together things tended to go boom and this night as no different.  Yet something was out of place with his friend.  No one else might have noticed it but for Boomer it was easy to read it in his friend face.  Finally after drinking enough to put most away for the night and having the chance to light up several dumpsters with incendiary grenades Leady it drop what was eating at him. 

He laid it out that he had been contacted for a job.  Some people were looking for an experienced demo man and after doing some digging all he found out was that he should leave it well enough alone. 

Boomer nodded when Leady mentioned he needed the Nuyen.  "Aye you got that right.  If I hadn't gotten a few months of rent paid up I'd be in real trouble and that wont last forever."  He reached for the bottle of moonshine and took another swig of the strong liquid.  With a satisfying "ahh" he set the bottle down and looked at his friend.  "Don't you worry about me and some dandelion eaters.  We have both been around long enough to know nothing is certain.  'Specially  when dealing in odd jobs.  Send me what info you have and the location of the meet.  I'll also do some of my own digging.  Nothing is worse than going in blind.  Enough talk about the job and more drinking.  Maybe a few more 'nades too."  He finished with a laugh. 

A couple more hours was spent having some fun, recalling memories and setting a few dumpsters on fire the fun way.  With a hand shake and a hug to his friend he said goodbye.  As he drove off he remembered his friends hesitation about telling him about the job.  There wasn't much that could cause Leady to pause.  If this bothered him that much then there was reason to be cautious. 

On his secure comlink he opened up a message to Mr. Le his fixer.  The man knew a lot about everything.  Chances were he might know about these elves and what they are about.  >>>>>[Mr. Le I could use some info on a group of elven smugglers.  I don't know much about them and I was hoping you might.  Standard going rate for info is fine.  If you can get it before 9am it would be much appreciated.]<<<<<
     --Boomer(00:10:20/08-24-74)


Satisfied that it was encrypted he sent what info he already had that Leady had given him.  Hopefully something would materialize. 

It didn't take long to arrive home.  He have enough time to grab about 7 hours of sleep.  He had learned an long time ago to sleep when you can and sleep generally came quickly. 

Boomer drove past the apartment building about forty-five minutes before the meet in an attempt to scout out the area.   

[spoiler]
Etiquette for Mr le (6d6.hits(5)=1)

Perception test for outside appartment Int 4 + Perception 4 + Vision enhancement 3 = 11 (11d6.hits(5)=3)

JiC (30d6.hits(5)=11)

[/spoiler]


« Last Edit: <09-22-13/1516:29> by Yogi »
Thoughts
Speaking
Comlink

Silence

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 418
  • I swear, I'm innocent. Just ask the nuns.
« Reply #3 on: <09-21-13/1803:41> »
Spooky gets the call in the middle of his once-a-month 10 hour shift at Stuffer Shack, gets Maurice to cough up a bit more info, like if he's doing the job solo, or if there's going to be others there beyond the Johnson(s).  Once he gets the pertinent details, he goes back to firing at the people who are robbing the store when a bunch of shadowrunners are in the middle of a grocery run.  Come morning, he shrugs on his Actioneer suit, and shows up early to check the place out.

[spoiler]Assensing:  http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4227677/

Perception:  http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4227679/

JIC:  30d6.hits(5) → [4,5,5,2,1,2,2,1,5,5,2,2,4,2,6,3,1,4,6,6,3,3,5,6,4,4,2,1,2,6] = (10) [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-21-13/1805:54> by Silence »
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend" - every instructor out there

"Maybe in your case, but he's a great buddy I'm leaving behind." - Siouxsie

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #4 on: <09-21-13/1850:17> »
Rat, ever so busy, is standing on a street corner, looking at people going places, most of them in a hurry. Especially when it was raining. They were doubly fast on those days he thought to himself. But that didn't mean they wouldn't provide him with his next meal. So Rat was just waiting for the right person.

Suddenly, a message comes in from his fixer. He gives it a glance while still scanning his surroundings. "Work is always good" thinks Rat as he spots what he was looking for: a man that had no business being here. A man that should have known better than to try and blend in somewhere he clearly didn't belong. His get-up was so obvious Rat had smelled it a block away.

The ork starts tailing the man from a distance, making sure he is not too close to be spotted, but not too far either. After a few turns, the man gets into a dilapidated building. Instantly recognizing the building, Rat thinks "You should've bought your bump on the Matrix, chummer" as he follows him inside.

Once in, it doesn't take long for Rat to find the man going up some stairs, avoiding the various broken drug paraphernalia and general refuse. Rat smiles to himself and heads for the same direction. After a flight of stairs, he catches up to the man and takes out his taser, shoving it in the man's kidneys and whispering to him "What did you expect coming here? Hand over what you have." The man, visibly scared, doesn't look back and slowly takes his commlink out of his pocket and hands it to Rat, never once turning around to face his aggressor. Rat takes it and fades away as quickly as he appeared.

A little while later, the ork gets out of a pawn shop ¥120 richer than he was this morning. "That should last me until that meeting tomorrow" thinks Rat to himself. He then spends the rest of his day trying to further his riches, but to no avail.

The next morning, Rat gathers his gear before heading out into the city. This was a rare trip outside of his usual territory, so he had to take his time and check his commlink quite a few times to make sure he didn't get lost. After a few moments looking around, he finally found the apartment in question. With only minutes to spare, he gets up to the right room, knocking on the door.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Xzylvador

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3666
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #5 on: <09-24-13/0333:13> »
@Boomer:
It doesn't take long for Mr. Le to send a text message reply. " 'A group of elven smugglers'? Could you be any more vague? Are you looking for weapons, drugs, girls? There must dozens of groups all over town. Big and small."

@All:
There's nothing that really stands out about the building. This close to Puyallup, it's the home of those 'fortunate' enough to have a SIN and everything that comes with it but unfortunate enough not to have a decent income or anything that comes with it. The apartment block, called "Giardino" according to what remains of the sign above the entrance, looks almost identical to the ones on either side on it and the ones across the street.

Any scouting trips reveal nothing out of the ordinary. It's pretty quiet this time of day, the most 'dangerous' thing encountered are a bunch of semi-conscious junkies in the alley running between this building and the one behind it who don't seem happy with people snooping around but don't have the strength or willpower to do much about it. There are a few graffiti gang marks -AR and spray painted- but no gangers in sight, at this hour they're most likely still asleep.
There are no visible security measures you can find. In the entrance and the hallway there are a couple of mounts that probably used to hold cameras but now there's just a few electrical wires sticking out.

Inside, electricity seems unstable, as evidenced by a light in the entrance hall flickering on and off. One of the security-glass front doors has been shattered and the doors of the single still working elevator are jammed stuck half-open. Someone managed to override most of its security protocols, so the cabin still transports the people brave or stupid enough to get into it.

The few people on the street don't look too healthy and seem tired, dirty. They all actively avoid minding anyone else's business, some even going out of their way to cross the street in order not to come to close to you. Inside the building itself the situation is pretty much the same, only here there also are children scurrying about in the hallways. Lots of them, mostly humans and orks, each and every one of them covered with filth and obviously malnourished. when they spot you, a stranger, they flee through the open doors into the apartments.

Arriving at apartment 206 -even if you're an hour early- you find its door unlocked and if you bother to knock, there's nobody inside to reply. Save for an old wooden table and about half a dozen chairs that may or may not still be able to support a person and a couple of cockroaches, other types of (non-awakened or magical) bugs and lots and lots of mold on the ceiling and the walls, the place is completely empty.

Quote
Since Three Star appeared to be first, he can decide to go in first. Maybe open the door when the others knock, maybe not.
It'll be uneventful until 09:45. What do you when you arrive inside and what do you do until then?
« Last Edit: <09-24-13/0602:47> by Xzylvador »

Yogi

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 287
« Reply #6 on: <09-24-13/1250:47> »
[That night]

Boomer received the replay from Mr. Le before he had gotten home.  He was quick to reply.

>>[I don't know much other than moving across borders might be their specialty.  I do know it has something to do with a rather large shipment of things that go boom.  I know its not much.  If I get more info I'll pass it along to you.]<<

[Morning]

Having done his drive by and not spotting anything that screamed trap Boomer returned 20 minutes before the scheduled meet.  He looked around again to make sure nothing had changed.  Satisfied he parked his scorpion at the curb.  It was early enough that the  local gang bangers were most likely still sleeping off the previous nights festivities.  If it wasn't for his own alcohol tolerance he's be feeling the prangs of a headache from Leadys moonshine just hours before. 

Before getting off the bike he made a mental check of the gear he was carrying.  He was wearing both sets of armor, his FFBA and the armored jacket with his ballistic mask tucked into an over sized pocket.  Though the way the FFBA tended to ride up on him always made him wonder if it was worth it.  Then again the few times his outer armor had been bypassed it was the under layer that saved his hide.  So it was a necessary trade off.  His sidearm was in its shoulder along with three clips stored in two pockets.  His head-ware comlink was running in silent mode with several programs running to stay hidden and looking for possible hackers. His public comm was running with the Gregory Weis ID being broadcasted.  He patted an outer pocket and felt the tag eraser nestled securely within.  He never left home without it.    All in all he came relatively light to the meet.

One heavy boot hit the concrete followed by another.  If one was to look at them they would notice they were standard issue military boots and that they were in excellent condition.  Casually he entered the building.  Just like the outside the inside was nothing special.  A typical building for the area.  Noticing the elevator he took the stairs not wanting to chance that it worked or that the locals used it to shake down those unfortunate to try and use it. 

Arriving at the door he checked his chrono.  It was 9:13am.  Two simple knocks on the door went unheeded.  Opening the door Boomer looked inside before stepping in.  The room looked uninhabitable despite the table and chairs.  Stepping lightly and on one unfortunate bug he entered the room where he took a look around the interior for anything that may be out of place.   If a chair looked like it would hold his weight he took it and made sure to sit in the spot that held the most tactical advantage. 

[spoiler]
Perception test. INT 4 + Perception 4 + Vision Enhance 3 + Observe in detail 3 (14d6.hits(5)=4)
[/spoiler]


 

« Last Edit: <09-24-13/1357:28> by Yogi »
Thoughts
Speaking
Comlink

Silence

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 418
  • I swear, I'm innocent. Just ask the nuns.
« Reply #7 on: <09-24-13/1349:34> »
"Okay, an dwarf gets here before the clients.  Naw, this isn't screaming set-up." Spooky thinks, seeing the dwarf go in, then heads in himself.  "Might as well see if anyone slipped in before him."

"You represent the Johnson, omae?" he asks when the dwarf answers the door, "Because something about this doesn't fit.  Meet's at nine thirty, right?"

If Boomer takes time to look Spooky over before letting him in, he'll likely notice the bulge of the Remington under his suit jacket, a disposable commlink broadcasting the ID Frank Castle, and not much else that's readily apparent.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend" - every instructor out there

"Maybe in your case, but he's a great buddy I'm leaving behind." - Siouxsie

Yogi

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 287
« Reply #8 on: <09-24-13/1434:28> »
Having left the door open Boomer heard the footsteps coming down the hall even without his enhanced hearing his cyberears gave him.   He loosened his jacket up so he could have easy access to his Predator IV if needed.   He then took a relaxed posture in the chair with his forearms resting on the unsure wooden table.   

When he saw the Human enter the doorway and ask if he represented the Johnson he raised an eyebrow and smiled.   "Nah.  I represent myself.  I'm guessing you are here for work too huh?"  Boomer said in his normal gruff baritone voice.    "And I'd agree with ya about something being off here.  Not sure yet but I'll figure it out.  Have a seat if you want." . He shifted in his seat to find a more comfortable position.   
« Last Edit: <09-24-13/1519:26> by Yogi »
Thoughts
Speaking
Comlink

Chrona

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3794
« Reply #9 on: <09-24-13/1455:36> »
Arriving early, Three Star leapt off his bike and crossed his straightened arms down in front of himself at the end of his landing, rising up into a tall standing position he was amused at the tweakers and homeless scurrying into their holes like vermin. It amused him.
Upon entering the building he scoffed at the broken elevator and began to ascend the stairs, heading straight into the apartment without knocking. He Checks a few of the rooms and grabs a chair, taking a seat in a side room or off the the side if it is one single room.

Nearer the time he heard two enter and begin to talk, they had apparently not noticed his presence so he made himself known "Ahem." He coughed, stretching his arms up and back behind his head. "I, Three Star, presume by your conversation that you are here for the meeting and am not just making use of an empty apartment for your amusement."

Silence

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 418
  • I swear, I'm innocent. Just ask the nuns.
« Reply #10 on: <09-24-13/1828:17> »
"Hello, Three Star.  You can call me Spooky."

Spooky looks around the room again, then back at Three Star.  "And if I were her for my own amusement, you'd be looking at a cleaner room, and a different dwarf."  He then takes up a position by the window with the fire escape.  Might I ask what you chummers are bringing to the table for this proposed job?"
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend" - every instructor out there

"Maybe in your case, but he's a great buddy I'm leaving behind." - Siouxsie

Yogi

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 287
« Reply #11 on: <09-24-13/2117:28> »
There were now three in the room.   Boomer looked from Three Star to Spooky through his dark glasses.  Since the Johnson hadn't shown up yet there was nothing better to do other than trade some small talk.   

He watched as the one called Spooky took up a position near the window and it's fire escape.   Though from the second floor it would just be easier and quicker to jump down.   

Still trading street names and a sliver of what he 'brought to the table' wouldn't hurt.  "Name's Boomer. And if you haven't guessed by the name I like to blow things up." 

He checked the chrono on his headware 'link.   He set an alarm for 9:30am.   The time the meet was supposed to start. 
Thoughts
Speaking
Comlink

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #12 on: <09-24-13/2141:49> »
After knocking on the door, Rat walks in, looking around. The state of the building and of the neighbourhood was nothing unfamiliar to him. "You guys here for the same thing?" asks the ork, sizing the derelict room's occupants. He then gets one of the chairs, sitting a little far from the table as to get a good view of what's happening under it and also to get a good line of sight on the entrance.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Yogi

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 287
« Reply #13 on: <09-25-13/0822:47> »
Boomer looks at teh new arrival and nods.  "Aye looks that way.  Shouldn't be long till our potential employer gets here."  He follows the Orc movements as he sits down and gives him another nod.

"We were just discussing what we all are bringing to the table for this little job.  I deal in blowing things up."  He said the last in a matter of fact tone.  "Name's Boomer."
Thoughts
Speaking
Comlink

Xzylvador

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3666
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #14 on: <09-25-13/0829:16> »
Nine thirty.