NEWS

[OOC] Messy Biz Chapter 0 - Those Damn Aztecs.

• 733 Replies

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #690 on: <02-09-14/1805:32> »
So... you guys quit? :'(

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #691 on: <02-09-14/1828:42> »
Welp they all went silent, yes.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #692 on: <02-10-14/0258:06> »
I was waiting for others to reply and unless someone sees something, I'm ready to move from planning to execution.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #693 on: <02-10-14/0300:32> »
I have the last post, so I can't really be the next one to say anything...
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #694 on: <02-10-14/0544:09> »
I'm around, been was waiting for others to say things for over a month as I have nothing I could have added to the conversation before the post at the end of December then RL decided to cause me problems that have just settled.
« Last Edit: <02-10-14/0545:46> by Punch »
speech; text/matrix; thinking
Cookie's Con Monitor: Phys 11/11; Stun 10/10; Edge 1/2;
PAN: passive,Skinlink ID:Raoul Castus; comlink: Sony Emperor

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #695 on: <02-10-14/0909:51> »
Seems like everybody was waiting for everybody else, me included. I will post IC shortly, hopefully this will restart the flow.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #696 on: <02-12-14/2004:22> »
Dont forget guys, you have my summary a few pages back including all known maps.

I am thinking though that this whole job is in a bit of a funk, so I might skip time ahead faster than I was. I am pretty busy irl myself at the moment, and this game is basically on life support right now, but so long as you guys keep posting this game wont completely die.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #697 on: <02-13-14/0322:09> »
Kinda wrote Silk walking outside for "fresh air" and calling Cheyenne as a possible IC exit.
Will see if I can convince her to go back inside later today.

That said, we can do all the talking we want, but it seems to me we've kind of reached a point where the talking's kind of over and we either need to acquire new information in some way, or start the mission based on what we got and pray for the best. Both options will need a GM.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #698 on: <02-13-14/0326:58> »
Yeah, I've got things to do that somewhat rely on GMing (like looking for Andromeda).
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #699 on: <02-13-14/0613:25> »
Maybe that's something we should downplay a bit?
Don't really want to derail the game too far; if Chrona is busy IRL, chasing sideplots (no matter how important they may be IC) makes the task of GM'ing even harder than it already  is.
Players dropping out is enough of a b*tch without having it completely derail the game from what  it's actually about... At least that's the way I see it.

Was going to have Silk suggest dropping it -at least for now- unless you all think we really should follow  this first.
Sorry if this is meta-gaming, but I think we should focus on getting the game back on rails before we go building sidetracks.
If Chrona wants, he could build the next mission on finding out what happened to Rommy and Legion.... Though Silk would still prefer a paying job ;p

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #700 on: <02-13-14/0712:12> »
I don't like to drop IC events for completely metagame reasons but i understand Xzylvador's point. There are several possible solutions for this, as i see it, all needing a decision by the GM. Chrona, i hope you don't mind me making a few suggestions:
1) the matrix is vast, and looking for something takes time. Finding someone in a city is like finding a needle in a haystack, only worse. It can take hours or even days for Pulse and we can't afford that much now.
2) We simply can't find her.
3) We find some information that needs further investigation for which we have no time.
4) We find evidence that her disappearance is unrelated to the current job.
Bulldog
Stake

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #701 on: <02-13-14/1142:25> »
She lived in a truck so she can be anywhere.  Also, she had one contact she was quite cozy with, but I'm not sure if any of us know this person.  If anybody does, it's Silk.  So essentially we don't know where she is or might be.  I would say we first do the job and then go search for Andromeda, provided no clues come our way.  For our current job we are on a timeframe, so I think it's best to concentrate on that.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #702 on: <02-14-14/0530:58> »
Correct me if I’m wrong, but camera neutralizers don’t fry cameras, they just make them temporarily useless, until removed from their vicinity.

Still, if we could hide one adequately in one of the rooms of the museum, it could serve as a distraction during the job: if we get in a pinch, we can activate it remotely and the guards will hopefully have to split their attention.
Bulldog
Stake

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #703 on: <02-14-14/0719:39> »
crap :(

Last book I read (I think it was Spy Games?) had a version which effectively destoyed camera's. Was stuck with that in mind :(

Will edit. later.

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #704 on: <02-14-14/0744:55> »
Shame we don't have more time to prepare and I doubt anyone in character is going to let cookie keep the security teams distracted now as I was gearing him up to deal with that possibility alongside making records of all the camera locations. :/
speech; text/matrix; thinking
Cookie's Con Monitor: Phys 11/11; Stun 10/10; Edge 1/2;
PAN: passive,Skinlink ID:Raoul Castus; comlink: Sony Emperor