NEWS

[OOC] Messy Biz Chapter 0 - Those Damn Aztecs.

• 733 Replies

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #480 on: <08-25-13/1337:57> »
Q: Since CS gas by RAW has a Contact vector as well as Inhalation, that means gasmasks alone won't work? Or do eye & inhalation cover suffice?

Full body contact is kind of BS since in places like Egypt, people protect themselves against it by wearing diving goggles and covering their mouths with cloth drenched in lemon juice or vinegar...
But if we're going by RAW to keep it simple, I understand.

This has been brought up and just being careful with your clothing will be good enough for dealing with the contact vector, you only need breathing appratus and eye covers, Punch has also been manufacturing home made temporary gas masks like those for emergency use
« Last Edit: <08-25-13/1341:27> by Chrona »

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #481 on: <08-25-13/1351:13> »
'kay, cool, just checking.
I figured with security design and security tactics knowledge, Silk'd know.

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #482 on: <08-25-13/1358:33> »
'kay, cool, just checking.
I figured with security design and security tactics knowledge, Silk'd know.

Yup

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #483 on: <08-25-13/1857:19> »
<<Pulse here.  Museum security looks pretty light - Matrix side is outsourced, too, which might create a couple options.  Shipping company is looking a lot tougher; I'm gearing up to take a run at them, but I'm thinking I'd be better off not doing this one from home.  Being mobile would be useful, actually - any location trace over wireless is is imprecise, only gets you within 50m.>>
well, isnt there one who wants to get to Habu  :o
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #484 on: <08-25-13/1911:15> »
<<Pulse here.  Museum security looks pretty light - Matrix side is outsourced, too, which might create a couple options.  Shipping company is looking a lot tougher; I'm gearing up to take a run at them, but I'm thinking I'd be better off not doing this one from home.  Being mobile would be useful, actually - any location trace over wireless is is imprecise, only gets you within 50m.>>
well, isnt there one who wants to get to Habu  :o

You have other cars lol

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #485 on: <08-25-13/1918:09> »
but that would mean he would always need to change the nodes he is contacted with, and that would make it really problematic to hack at full power.

The satellite up-link gives a stable connection even in matrix dead zones, a comlink in a driving car can cause Lag that could end lethally for the one fighting inside the matrix.

But i guess i am over-thinking what he said anyway :D

RainDragonBar

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #486 on: <08-25-13/1937:52> »
Not in 4th edition.
In 5th, maybe with noise. But in 4th he'd just need to still be in range.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #487 on: <08-25-13/2029:59> »
Technomancers don't need Response much, so lag's not typically a concern.  Though I need to go back through my posts now , because I'm can't recall if he mentioned that he's a technomancer or not.

"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #488 on: <08-26-13/1024:07> »
Don't want Personalised handgrips on the Defiance Ex for RC?

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #489 on: <08-26-13/1120:22> »
I do, but i thought it would be hard to get without Gibbon being present to get a measure of his hands. If you can make it happen, please do.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #490 on: <08-26-13/1354:28> »
I do, but i thought it would be hard to get without Gibbon being present to get a measure of his hands. If you can make it happen, please do.
in the future you just need to take the gun in your hand and it will personalize to the first to do it.  bind to it's owner if you will. the system how it's done is nowhere to be seen, so i guess it's up to Chrona to say if you need to be present
RainDragonBar

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #491 on: <08-26-13/1355:44> »
in the future you just need to take the gun in your hand and it will personalize to the first to do it.  bind to it's owner if you will. the system how it's done is nowhere to be seen, so i guess it's up to Chrona to say if you need to be present

i dont mind the idea of it setting to your grip when you pick it up. i don't want to spend the rest of the campaign on how you guys buy gear xD

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #492 on: <08-26-13/1406:47> »
It's probably a nano-system.  Use it while you still can, as it's all gone in 5th.  ;)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #493 on: <08-26-13/1432:16> »
It's probably a nano-system.  Use it while you still can, as it's all gone in 5th.  ;)

fuck i hadnt thought of that. god fucking damn it

*may have spent all day trying to make the street samurai street legal for my demo at a shop opening at the weekend and trying to find any reason whatsoever that makes drones worth it in 5th, so may be slightly angry at the edition right now*

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #494 on: <08-26-13/1433:41> »
actually look up Veriflex® E(http://www.crgrp.com/tech-center/veriflex-shape-memory-polymer), wouldn't surprise me if shape memory polymers like this could in a future setting like shadowrun be permanently fixed to a certain shape ( Veriflex® E can but returns to it original shape upon heating again).
« Last Edit: <08-26-13/1435:35> by Punch »
speech; text/matrix; thinking
Cookie's Con Monitor: Phys 11/11; Stun 10/10; Edge 1/2;
PAN: passive,Skinlink ID:Raoul Castus; comlink: Sony Emperor