NEWS

[OOC] Messy Biz Chapter 0 - Those Damn Aztecs.

• 733 Replies

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #375 on: <08-08-13/1427:28> »
@farothel: i don't necessarily agree. Binding a weaker spirit has its uses, just usually not in combat situations, as they are not as badass as their bigger brothers. Of course, if you want to be very successful at binding, it might be worth to spend Edge on the test, but not obligatory. Don't forget, that you only have to get a single net hit for binding, and the spirit keeps its services from the summoning test, adding any more net hits on binding.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #376 on: <08-08-13/1642:37> »
Yeah, even Force 3 spirits can have good enough stats to be reasonably useful.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #377 on: <08-08-13/1819:21> »
I've just reread the rules and I'm not going to bind spirits.  My stats are too bad for binding.  I'll think of something else to do.

FYI: the first week of September I will be in London.  While I will have internet, I'll probably won't be posting all that much (they probably don't like it all that much in the Globe Theatre if you start doing that).

Im from London =D, Live in Dover now though. Have a good time, if the heist has started by then we'll wing it

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #378 on: <08-09-13/0115:28> »
Yeah, even Force 3 spirits can have good enough stats to be reasonably useful.

Yes, but I roll 7 dice against the spirit's 6, so I can't be sure to actually win this.  That's why I'm not going to do it.  Also since I need 2 edge to downgrade a glitch or critical glitch (thanks to my mentor spirit) I have to be careful with how I spend it.  And I also rather not spend my whole reward on binding materials to do 10 re-bindings to get enough services.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #379 on: <08-10-13/1309:44> »
@all: if you need me, let me know where you are and I'll drop by in the astral.  For the rest of the day, I'll be studying.
She quickly downloaded a high quality datasoft on logistics and started reading.  She already knew the basics, but mostly on how they applied to mercenary operations, so it wouldn't hurt her to read up on those parts she wasn't all that familiar with, like storeroom management and such things.  It could never hurt to be prepared.

[spoiler]
OOC: I download a rating 6 datasoft.  They have availability - and cost 60 nuyen, so I don't think it will take me all that long to find one.  I then spent the rest of the day studying, unless someone needs me.
PS: Chrona, I'll probably buy up the logistics knowledge skill on 1 after this mission.
[/spoiler]
sounds good to me

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #380 on: <08-11-13/1711:01> »
want me rolling something?
 ???
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #381 on: <08-11-13/1711:56> »
want me rolling something?
 ???

No itd only be if you tried anything fancy

well anything like you were doing before it started raining xD
« Last Edit: <08-11-13/1713:34> by Chrona »

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #383 on: <08-13-13/1859:58> »
The shipping company is well respected for small time (Non-A) Corp deliveries for a few years. They're owned by Aztechnology, but what isn't in this market. The same company delivers to stuffer shacks sometimes, so the company itself seems to be non-suspicious.

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #384 on: <08-13-13/1937:02> »
sorry been very busy here lately, haha. I'll try to catch up, chrona, does he have enough time to find a taser and then head to the museum or no?
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #385 on: <08-13-13/1943:10> »
using the usual availability rules, only the Defiance Protector  and Jupiter Taser Club have availability, so you can easily buy a Defiance EX Shocker, Yamaha Pulsar or Cavalier SafeGuard from any arms store in the sprawl.

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #386 on: <08-13-13/2148:54> »
ah, but how difficult would it be to find one with those mods/accessories
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #387 on: <08-13-13/2151:01> »
ah, but how difficult would it be to find one with those mods/accessories
you would have to use arsenal to work out the modified price (and therefore interval) and availability, then roll an extended negotiation test

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #388 on: <08-14-13/0126:43> »
sorry been very busy here lately, haha. I'll try to catch up, chrona, does he have enough time to find a taser and then head to the museum or no?

I already have the job at the museum, so there's no need to go there.  Unless you want to do something else in there.  :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #389 on: <08-14-13/0723:41> »
@Chrona: Any information about the Brain Eaters, like are they a racial gang, what their size (members and turf) is, etc.? Their name’s creepy and I don’t want to run into an all-ghoul gang when not prepared. Or at all.

@Raiden: I will gather all components, prices, and availabilities later today.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake