NEWS

[OOC] Messy Biz Chapter 0 - Those Damn Aztecs.

• 733 Replies

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #165 on: <04-23-13/1917:20> »
Using the 3 it would mean the that the npcs helping you would have a dicepool of 9, which would be the pool used in teamwork tests for you and legion when stealing cars.
yeah but i am not sure me or legion are really suited for the stealing part as we are not heavy matrix character.
still i am more interested in the matrix prog and the plates i guess i will have to roll 2 different ones and ad a day to the time as it it is trough a 3rd party.
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #166 on: <04-23-13/1924:11> »
If you want the npcs to do the primary work then youll have to pay them too, hence my original question to everyone about what seems reasonable for this

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #167 on: <04-23-13/1944:18> »
it seems that i need 3 days to get the spoofchip and the plates charisma + nego = 0 but adding contact it's 5

not sure i need to buy programs, Legion has never said to Andromeda what he can do in this matter :)
RainDragonBar

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #168 on: <04-23-13/2006:02> »
Ok, quick question, swag rules related, contact adds a finders fee to items you order, a commission the exact wording is "equal to the contact’s Connection rating times five percent", (that's as clear as it gets, you can find the rest of it on page 287), my question regards the following, is that five percent of the items value or the connection rating? the part about it being per item is clear, the rest of it is not (I'm reading the 20th anniversary version here fyi) I don't have much experience with this specific rule as my last game the GM fudged the rules a little on swag (and from what I've seen I can understand why, but were playing by the rules so..).
« Last Edit: <04-23-13/2009:02> by Punch »
speech; text/matrix; thinking
Cookie's Con Monitor: Phys 11/11; Stun 10/10; Edge 1/2;
PAN: passive,Skinlink ID:Raoul Castus; comlink: Sony Emperor

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #169 on: <04-24-13/0246:32> »
Reasonable is what you come up with ;)

But I gotta say... if our professional 'runner team can't manage to steal a single truck that's got little or no security and carries nothing more important than breakfast cereals and BuzzPopTM Coke, we got ourselves a problem.

Kour, 'Meda gonna roll hardware for the vents?

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #170 on: <04-24-13/0314:19> »
Reasonable is what you come up with ;)

But I gotta say... if our professional 'runner team can't manage to steal a single truck that's got little or no security and carries nothing more important than breakfast cereals and BuzzPopTM Coke, we got ourselves a problem.

Kour, 'Meda gonna roll hardware for the vents?

Sorry but Andromeda is the one to build or redo a truck do all the mechanical stuff on it so it can not be traced, but she has almost no progs for hacking or anything like that, so getting the truck itself would be the problem for her.

The problem is that the Nordcups mostly travel in groups of 3 trucks meaning 9 trailers with one rigger controlling them, so i guess there would be security.

My idea at the moment is to get a smart jammer R6 and block all the other signals hoping that the rigger is not in the truck or they do not have any high class ECM Also this would most likely severe any connection to drones that might be guarding the road train. Also One trailer of of Paperclips would be worth at least a couple thousand Nuyen and there are 3. In a wayit would be much easier to steal 3 vans then one Nordcup.

Also forgot about the hardware roll, but it's bad:

Industrials mechanics - just as bad:

and Engineering knowlage skill:

Not my day,  :(
« Last Edit: <04-24-13/0317:09> by Kouryuu »
RainDragonBar

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #171 on: <04-24-13/0400:56> »
Please answer my IC question about whether Gibbon should go on and try to get in the storerooms. Or just say that you won't answer. I'd like to go on with that part.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #172 on: <04-24-13/0415:50> »
Please answer my IC question about whether Gibbon should go on and try to get in the storerooms. Or just say that you won't answer. I'd like to go on with that part.
responded in edit
RainDragonBar

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #173 on: <04-24-13/0709:54> »
If the rigger is with the convoy, so much better.  One stunbolt and he doesn't worry about a convoy anymore.  :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #174 on: <04-24-13/0727:14> »
Quote from: Nordkapp
Th is is a large tractor trailer intended to convey low-value goods across a highway systems all over the globe. Despite the lack of security, there is still a need for tractor trailer combinations since many places are not conveniently located near railroads. Many Nordkapps have been upgraded with the capability to defend themselves more aggressively, and a single driver/rigger may end up controlling a convoy of 3 tractors and 9 trailers to reduce costs. Still, no matter how little something may be worth to some, to others any cargo is worth trying to hijack.

not sure of we are able to find one with no defenses
what will we do with the cargo?
is Legion able to hack the Nordcap computer as Andromeda does not. she can only hard-wire it.
also Andromeda has the skill but no progs for Matrix combat
RainDragonBar

Padawan

• Chummer
« Reply #175 on: <04-24-13/1449:17> »
If given enough time Legion can register a few sprites, thread some programs, and/or craft a widget to help out with hacking the Nordcap computer. Just let me know how soon you wanna do some vehicle theft Kouryuu ;)
Speech
Astral
Thought
Matrix/Commlink

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #176 on: <04-24-13/1458:19> »
If given enough time Legion can register a few sprites, thread some programs, and/or craft a widget to help out with hacking the Nordcap computer. Just let me know how soon you wanna do some vehicle theft Kouryuu ;)
as soon as I get the stuff  I bought, so 3 days,  and we can do it at the same time they are in the museum?
RainDragonBar

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #177 on: <04-24-13/1532:23> »
as soon as I get the stuff  I bought, so 3 days,  and we can do it at the same time they are in the museum?

I would do it just before, so we have the whole team for both jobs.  Always better that way.  And if it's really necessary I'll make the truck invisible while we wait for the museum job.  :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #178 on: <04-24-13/1648:16> »
On the same timescale as Kouryuu for gear delivery, so Cookies good to go then too.
speech; text/matrix; thinking
Cookie's Con Monitor: Phys 11/11; Stun 10/10; Edge 1/2;
PAN: passive,Skinlink ID:Raoul Castus; comlink: Sony Emperor

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #179 on: <04-24-13/1652:05> »
You guys vastly overestimate how mean ill be to you