NEWS

[OOC] Messy Biz Chapter 0 - Those Damn Aztecs.

  • 733 Replies
  • 102698 Views

Ren

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1364
« Reply #705 on: <02-14-14/0850:31> »
The locations of the cameras we have, from the first time we went in the museum to survey it.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Chrona

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3794
« Reply #706 on: <02-21-14/0822:07> »
Okay, after a parental visit and some of the usual how-has-this-many-days-gone-by I am here.

We will deal with the IC concern for Andromeda after the job, the time frame your on is getting smaller and smaller, as is your overall morale in and out of character and confidence in your ability to do this job.
Punch is in a game with me as GM IRL, he can attest to the fact I will not screw you on a job I feel you are prepared for unless it is appropriate. Your only concern should be if you have knowably fragged up the prep all ready. As it stands they still have no idea you are breaking in and you have a pretty solid set of options for how you want to handle it, including an inside mage.

One problem here is It seems to me you still have not decided on your plan for the heist, your using every resource you have right now to prepare for it but you have not decided what you are going to do on the night.
This is of course in large part due to Andromeda's disappearance taking the truck from you but you have still never gone ahead with trying to steal another, getting another or planning to trust your skills to improvise stealing the truck on the night.

You have a very competent technomancer, a more than capable manipulator and characters who can hold their own in a fight, stealing is an option.
I actually introduced an NPC who would be very appropriate to call on right now.
You are all very skilled players with skilled characters, you are unlikely to fail taking the truck on the night if you did try. You have set up so much inside the museum that you will likely be in control of everything but the human element by the night and Azzie and the guards won't expect hijackers to be waiting INSIDE the museum.

Give up on Romy for now, and as for Punch's contact's request, it is simply Risk versus Risk. Risk stealing it on the night and messing up the job, or risk Punch having to deal with his contact after the job sometime, it doesn't need to be debated for months.

I have probably failed to answer questions in this post but this is where i stand at the moment.

RHat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6317
« Reply #707 on: <02-25-14/0519:08> »
Sorry about my lack of activity here - if we're doing a timeskip to job time, I guess we should just gloss over Pulse actually acquring the spy drone?  :P

Not that it's much of a practical issue; delivery time on a pretty reasonable spy drone or two fits pretty easily into the time before the job, so it would just be a matter of digging into the advance for that.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Chrona

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3794
« Reply #708 on: <02-25-14/0826:11> »
Yes you are highly unlikely to fail getting them, so just deduct the cash.

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #709 on: <02-25-14/1213:16> »
sorry, I thought you already had them, which is why I moved on.  :-[
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6317
« Reply #710 on: <02-25-14/1817:45> »
My fault - intended to bring it up IC.

Chrona - I know we don't know which specific truck they'll be using, but had there been any indication of the model?  Knowing would let me register a sprite for that, which would be useful (as I could still compile an additional sprite on the fly if needed).  Also, is there an availability limit for what I can get in terms of a drone and mods?
« Last Edit: <02-26-14/1933:09> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Chrona

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3794
« Reply #711 on: <02-27-14/1539:10> »
Lets keep the availability to 12 without asking, if you want something higher just ask here first and I will consider it.

The name of an Aztec Model Zuggmashine slips my mind, but you got that much from your hacking, enough to register a sprite for.

RHat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6317
« Reply #712 on: <03-05-14/1929:35> »
So, let's say an MCT Fly-Spy with Chameleon Coating, and get the Clearsight and Covert Ops autosofts for it (Maneuver being given to the sprite, so that it can't really be run on automatic without it).

[spoiler]
Compile Machine Sprite Rating 5 with optional Complex Form Maneuver (Fly-Spy) (14d6.hits(5)=7, 5d6.hits(5)=0, 12d6.hits(5)=4)
Register Sprite (14d6.hits(5)=4, 10d6.hits(5)=2, 12d6.hits(5)=4)

First one compiled and registers with no fading; owes 9 tasks.

Compile Rating 5 Machine Sprite with optional Complex Form Maneuver(whatever the truck is) (14d6.hits(5)=3, 5d6.hits(5)=2, 12d6.hits(5)=7)
Register Machine Sprite (14d6.hits(5)=3, 10d6.hits(5)=2, 12d6.hits(5)=5)

Second one only owes 2 tasks; might need to be replaced on the fly or something (worst comes to worst, I can thread the hell out of a command program and use the other sprite for Assist Operation).
[/spoiler]
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Xzylvador

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3666
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #713 on: <03-06-14/1759:18> »
Okay...
Still recovering from surgery, but I think I'll be able to post again on a regular basis.
How y'all doin'? :)

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #714 on: <03-07-14/0259:00> »
counting down to my holiday actually.  :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Xzylvador

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3666
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #715 on: <03-10-14/1307:06> »
To be clear: I still want to play this game, I really really do. But the only one of us really doing much the next day will be Kitten and faro'll be on holiday... or am I missing something?

Oh wait, scratch that... I might have an idea too... What kind of lock was on the security door?

Chrona

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3794
« Reply #716 on: <03-10-14/1316:21> »
I think I had neglected to say before as no one asked, Card Key Maglock.

Xzylvador

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3666
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #717 on: <03-10-14/1323:47> »
Damn :(

Xzylvador

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3666
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #718 on: <03-11-14/0453:00> »
Do guards have their keycards visible, like an ID tag?
Or has Silk or anyone else of the team ever seen them use it? (Just a creditcard-like item with a chip or magnet strip in their pockets or something more involved?)

Chrona

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3794
« Reply #719 on: <03-11-14/0923:43> »
They are magstrip cards on a lanyard, guards dont take them with them when they leave usually (you noticed this from your Orkish friend)

It is my birthday and my plans have fallen through so i am not feeling great, hopefully this wont effect my posting.