NEWS

[IC] Messy Biz Chapter 0 - Those Damn Aztecs.

• 784 Replies

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #660 on: <10-24-13/0803:58> »
sighing to himself Cookie tried not hold his face in his hands, then typing back a reply before deleting it, then retyping it again, then trashing that version until he found one he felt happy enough with to hit send.
@all: I'm sorry, I thought we were having an alternate approach being bought up and my choice of words could have been better. I wasn't aiming for that reaction, so if you have issues with me talk to me and we'll try to sort things out, I really just don't want anyone else dying on this job.
speech; text/matrix; thinking
Cookie's Con Monitor: Phys 11/11; Stun 10/10; Edge 1/2;
PAN: passive,Skinlink ID:Raoul Castus; comlink: Sony Emperor

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #661 on: <10-24-13/1910:06> »
@All: <<Well, let's think this through...  Tactics is a little out of my wheelhouse, but how do you figure the museum guards would respond if the truck started driving away?>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #662 on: <10-25-13/0129:41> »
"They'll probably try to catch it before it left the museum premises," Kitten said, "and if it got on the public road, they'll call Knight Errant, who will probably respond in force, even if it's just to show one to the Azzies.  So we'll have to come up with a plausible reason."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #663 on: <10-25-13/0259:55> »
@All: <<So, create some kind of emergency?  Get the Brain Eaters to handle the pursuit?>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #664 on: <10-25-13/0740:12> »
@all: “I would be very much surprised if the Azzies didn’t take the possibility of hacking the transport into account. So I’d say, spider in the car as long as physical security stays. Or the simple one you mentioned: manual override. Same for astral, I suspect a wagemage or two among the guards.
After the transport was already handed over to Museum security, it’s their responsibility. Still I expect them to take it seriously, but seeing the backwater methods they use for their system, I suspect they will be more lax about the car’s matrix security as well. We should wait with the distraction, meaning the gas, until the driver is out of the car and the Azzie guards are well away.
And after we get the transport, chuck the WI smoke grenade in the cargo hold ASAP, and check the wireless vicinity of the car for tags, because there will be wireless signals independent of the car’s system.”

Gibbon also thought about what Pulse wanted to know: the gangs operating around the projected transport route.
[spoiler=knowledge test]INT(5) + Gangs(4) + Mnemonic(1) (10d6.hits(5)=4)[/spoiler]

Then he chortled, and got back into the conversation. @all: "Hey Kitten, i have a magical kinda question. Can you make people in the storage area think they actually retrieved the boxes, while they remain in the transport? And can you register the cameras that they did? Because, if museum security thinks the boxes safe in tow, they would gladly send the car away in case of an emergency. One less thing to care about."
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #665 on: <10-25-13/0749:57> »
@All:Gibbon, you know that you just basically summed up every worry I was having.

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #666 on: <10-25-13/0808:38> »
@all: "Sorry if i just stated the obvious, Cookie, but it sometimes helps just to have it summed up, in a long conversation like this."
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #667 on: <10-25-13/1049:50> »
Silk @all: << Awesome, this is starting to sound like a plan!
Can we jam the museum's communications in case we don't manage to misguide them? We got a signal jammer, no? Old building like that's probably hardwired too, though. Can we cut their lines?
Kitten, if you get a duty roster, maybe the guard planning is on there too? Gives us an idea of the complete opposition. I'll see if I can get that info out of Evangeline too.
And we do need to have some kind of backup plan. If this fails, we don't get a second shot at it. How good are you guys in a fight if it comes down to that?>>

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #668 on: <10-25-13/1104:01> »
@all: Good enough, but I'm not geared up for anything prolonged as making too much noise means trouble.  Fyi I think they upped the security as the truck is passing through Halloweener turf, I hear they like to burn n Rob not necessarily in that order anything that looks valuable passing through.
Also Gibbon it's fine, I just spent four hours pulling an awakened trick that involved setting a ward up..its taken a little out of me.

[spoiler]
OOC: posted this from phone and I was bit out of it
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <10-25-13/1934:42> by Punch »

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #669 on: <10-25-13/1217:30> »
@All: <<I can probably handle whatever spider they use - it'll hurt like hell, but I should be able to stay off his radar.  The control override's a different concern - could be Drive-By-Wire, could be physical, could be nothing.  If it's wired, the driver's probably jacked in in the first place, so if I get into there I can knock him out - I'd prefer to avoid that, but if he doesn't exit the truck it's how it would need to be, and at least that why it might seem like he's driving it away due to whatever emergency we create.  But that assumes the company is willing to turn control over to whoever happens to be in the drivers seat at the time, which they very well might not.  I'll try to see if I can find out how their trucks are equipped, though.  Would be a good idea to expand our window by delaying the offload somehow, but I'm not sure just how we'd go about that...  As far as jamming everything goes, there is the worry that it would interfere with the connection to the truck.  As for combat, I'm not a terrible shot, and if I had a combat-ready drone I've got ways to make something happen there, too...>>

<<If the Azzies are there to protect if from the Halloweeners, it would make sense they'd have their guard down after the transfer - they probably get to knock off afterwards.  We let them move off, get things under the purview of the museum security...  Matrix side, they certainly haven't got much going on.  That one was an easy hack, actually, and they farm the spider work out to another company - maybe we could get the Brain Eaters to pull a hit on something else covered by that same company so they don't have as much to come after us with?>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #670 on: <10-26-13/0636:21> »
"If you ask if it's magically possible, yes it is," Kitten answered Gibbons question, "if you ask if I can do it, no.  I can however put some extra armour around the truck with might protect it from shooting.  As for the manual override, as long as we can get Andromeda into the truck, she should be able to drive it, manually or otherwise."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #671 on: <10-26-13/1638:09> »
@all: So we can't deal with a prolonged fight  then? Pulse you also seem to imply you can delay the Azzie's vehicles departure? if you can, is there anyway we can get in that warehouse before the delivery truck arrives? essentially just to hide until the delivery is off the vehicle. Since after that azzie security team leaves, we're going to need two groups playing hide n'seek, one to deal with the delivery floor and one to deal with the driver and any remaining Azzie security with Pulse on overwatch whilst jamming them at the same time, which I assume is possible?. Combine that with our friendly gangers hitting the outsourced security, well that should provide a significant distraction as we go in fast and hard, so any holes that people can see in this? Gibbon in particular because you've done this probably way more than I've ever done.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #672 on: <11-04-13/0210:36> »
Another day, or better, night at work.  Kitten couldn't understand how people could actually do this day after day.  But then again, those same people probably thought the same about her line of work.  She did try to get the cafeteria delivery, as that would give her an opportunity to check out the museum itself at night.  Things like guards, alarms, spirit watches and things like that might be different from what they had seen during the day.  She also tried to get a feel for the power of those spirits she had seen.

She also had a closer look the the gate and elevator mechanisms.  Not knowing much about these things, she took as many pictures as she could with her own equipment tor sending to the techies after her work was done.  Then they might see a way to make it stop when they had to.

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #673 on: <11-04-13/1435:14> »
Evangeline was some help at least, "Well when anything special comes in who ever owns it usually sends people. We aren't getting any new staff in anytime soon though, they usually leave it to us once its through the door, we have managed to get a good enough reputation at handling the museum ourselves but too be honest, it isn't like anything really ever goes wrong. Maybe the few spirits we have scare people off. That's why i try to avoid the night shifts, I don't want to be in their at night with ghosts!" She looks apprehensive, "But we are getting this big one in where I'm going to have to." She sighs and shrugs.

The first thing to stick out to Kitten during the delivery, this time being handled by an in house company, is that it arrives 2 hours and a half late. None of the staff seem to care, as if used to it and have been mostly sitting in the break room waiting. This gave you the chance to take your pictures, even getting a peek into the machinery cupboard for the lift. It is an old piece of junk, with no matrix connectivity at all. A mechanic would be needed more than a decker. The Gate at least had seen some upgrades, it was able to be jacked into but was not wireless. The security room and any possible hardwired system continue to elude you.

Just as Kitten is leaving, everyone thinking she had spent the two hours working while they sat on their asses, the team leader stops her. "Hey you know, next time you don't need to bother working when it doesn't show up, it isn't like they paid us for it anyway."
« Last Edit: <11-05-13/1002:35> by Chrona »

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #674 on: <11-04-13/1611:43> »
"I was just checking how things are sorted in the backroom," Kitten said, referring to the extra storage rooms every museum had to store those things that they couldn't display, "so I can find stuff faster when I need it.  And no offense, but also because the storage system here sucks big time.  It's not all that easy to find stuff back."