NEWS

[IC] Messy Biz Chapter 0 - Those Damn Aztecs.

• 784 Replies

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #645 on: <10-15-13/1057:01> »
Sergei finds himself in a very modern looking node, it obviously has efficiency in mind, the data streams shooting by are highly organised. Luckily no alarm is sounding. There is not a hidden node access.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #646 on: <10-16-13/1928:39> »
Keeping to the stealth approach, he goes off looking for any mention of the museum or for anything related to the items intended to be on display.

[spoiler]
Keeping Stealth threaded, so that's a -2 modifier.

Threading Browse, using up to 3 hits. (21d6.hits(5)=10, 12d6.hits(5)=6)

Well, no Fading...

Data Search (16d6.hits(5)=5, 16d6.hits(5)=3, 16d6.hits(5)=5, 16d6.hits(5)=4, 16d6.hits(5)=9, 16d6.hits(5)=5, 16d6.hits(5)=7, 16d6.hits(5)=3, 16d6.hits(5)=8, 16d6.hits(5)=3, 16d6.hits(5)=8, 16d6.hits(5)=7, 16d6.hits(5)=4, 16d6.hits(5)=6, 16d6.hits(5)=5)

Imagine that finds what I'm after...
[/spoiler]
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #647 on: <10-16-13/1951:29> »
A good 20 minutes later, your Stealth holding, you find the file detailing the shipment of the relics to the museum. It turns out they are arriving by boat at the downtown docks, under heavy Aztechnology watch, with a 20 member minimum security team arriving on the boat with it. Anyone with Gang Knowledge 2 or 3 hits on Local Area Knowledge can guess this is likely due to the Halloweeners all ways riding through the area and trying to burn and steal incoming shipments.
The company Lorry will be loaded up with the shipment at 4pm and then head to the Museum for the 5pm arrival. A contingent of the Armed guards will then follow the lorry to the museum, where Museum Security will relieve them. It does not say how many will go with it or how they are travelling.

Its late so I might have missed anything, feel free to post with any other info you would specifically look for.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #648 on: <10-16-13/2024:50> »
@All <<I'm in.  Looks like a very large security team - 20 guys at the least, but no information on how good they are or what they'll be packing.  Arrives at downtown docks at 4pm for a delivery schedules for 5.  Those guards are relieved by site security upon delivery, prior to offloading of the shipment.  I also have the driver's name, should we want to try the social engineering angle.  Thoughts on what else I should look for?>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #649 on: <10-17-13/0248:17> »
Silk @All << 20 Guards? Wow. Guess we can forget about taking it during transit, then. Maybe a small window between the change of the guard and offloading the truck... but if an alarm is raised and the Azzies turn back, we'd be in trouble. Info's good, though, nice job4, Pulse! If no truck's been assigned already, can you get a list of what they have available, maybe we can predict the most logical one, knowing the amount of cargo it'll carry.>94>
« Last Edit: <10-18-13/0309:41> by Xzylvador »

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #650 on: <10-18-13/0201:03> »
"Strange that they don't keep anybody at the museum," Kitten said, "they have that many guards, but they're spread all over the building and the Azzies must know that as well.  Best bring a tag eraser then.  Oh, I just thought about something.  The crates arrive at 5 and the museum only closes at 7, so that means we have a two, but more probably a 4-5 hour window where the cases are downstairs while the museum closes.  I guess we better make that our target window if possible."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #651 on: <10-18-13/0224:55> »
@all: agreed, I'd prefer it as well if we can get them before they get upstairs and are unpacked. That, plus clearing the warehouse is only going to require only about 1/10th the effort.
speech; text/matrix; thinking
Cookie's Con Monitor: Phys 11/11; Stun 10/10; Edge 1/2;
PAN: passive,Skinlink ID:Raoul Castus; comlink: Sony Emperor

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #652 on: <10-22-13/2329:12> »
Silk @All << 20 Guards? Wow. Guess we can forget about taking it during transit, then. Maybe a small window between the change of the guard and offloading the truck... but if an alarm is raised and the Azzies turn back, we'd be in trouble. Info's good, though, nice job4, Pulse! If no truck's been assigned already, can you get a list of what they have available, maybe we can predict the most logical one, knowing the amount of cargo it'll carry.>94>

@All: <<Safe bet they've got a few of whatever they've got, but I can take a look.  I'm thinking maybe I can crack the truck before the delivery, so that we can just drive it away after the change of guard but before anything's offloaded.  Any idea how much of a window we'd have there, Kitten?>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #653 on: <10-23-13/0136:28> »
"None I would say," Kitten said, "they arrive with the truck and the guards, it's unloaded, and they leave with truck and guards.  I don't think the Azzie guards will leave until the truck is offloaded.  At least, I wouldn't.  After that: the museum is open until 7, so if they start breaking down the old stuff at 7, it will be well into the night before they can move the Azzie stuff in."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #654 on: <10-23-13/0155:47> »
@All: <<Data on this end is specific - Azzie guards leave before the truck is offloaded.  It might be that the extraterritorial privileges don't extend to the museum grounds, and thus they have no choice in the matter.>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #655 on: <10-23-13/0847:27> »
@all: Perfect, no need for loud distractions then. so I have a question, Do you know whether your working that night  Kitten?

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #656 on: <10-23-13/0932:53> »
"I'll check tomorrow," Kitten said, "but I assume I will, as it will be a lot of work to have the displays changed.  If those Azzies leave before the truck is unloaded, that will indeed make a nice window of opportunity.  We'll just have to come up with some sort of sabotage to explain why they can't offload immediately and we can buy some time.  And given the age of the equipment down at the museum, it wouldn't be all that unbelievable."

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #657 on: <10-23-13/2144:00> »
@All: <<If I can get into the truck while it's en-route, we won't need long - can pretty much just start driving.  That said, there's a couple of possible snags - if the truck has some kind of local control override, we'd need the driver to be out of the truck first.  It's also possible, though I'm gonna call it as unlikely, that they'll have the wireless turned off...  Anyone got an idea as to why they'd have so much security on the transport, and then not at the museum?  Is there something they'd be worried about at that stage, but not later on?>>

((OOC:  I recall Chrona saying that enough hits on a Local Knowledge or Gang Knowledge would yield the info upthread))
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #658 on: <10-24-13/0619:07> »
@all: I admit my rant about grenade launchers a while ago was ott, so thanks guys for not saying anything about it. However, while I can take down that number of people with backup, I don't know if what we are supposed to be acquiring will survive a firefight. I'm sorry but this approach has got a high chance of causing us a lot of problems firefightwise unless one of you has something in mind to prevent that. The museum approach looks to be easier to me and its the devil we know.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #659 on: <10-24-13/0632:32> »
@All: <<This IS the museum approach; it's just the cleanest version of it that saves anyone having to go in and take down the guards.  If we can keep the museum guards from calling out to KE for help and deal with whatever methods the company would be using to track the truck, that should mean no firefight - especially if we trigger the gas system at the same time.  We let them get everything offloaded first, we have to either load everything back onto the truck, or onto some other transport we acquire...  We'd need to create a much bigger window.  With this plan, the window we'd need for is pretty much created for us due to the Azzie guards coming off the job before the offload.>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites