NEWS

[IC] Messy Biz Chapter 0 - Those Damn Aztecs.

• 784 Replies

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #630 on: <09-26-13/0647:56> »
"Cookie, how many'd you bring? Why don't you hand them over to our new allies? They'll be much more effective with the physical backup if they have proper weapons."
Silk walked towards the car, trusting her lackey to follow her instructions. I could get used to this.

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #631 on: <09-26-13/1317:08> »
" I only bought the samples up from the car, lemme ask Andromeda where the rest is." Cookie answered as he was interrupted mid-thought about AR gloves as his hand stopped what it was doing. @Andromeda: Seems we're okay with this lot, so we just need to hand over the items, did you bring the rest with you? or are we going to have to arrange a drop off with these guys? talk to Silk if you want the particulars because if she could look in my direction right now I swear she'd be giving me that look again.
« Last Edit: <09-27-13/1712:47> by Punch »
speech; text/matrix; thinking
Cookie's Con Monitor: Phys 11/11; Stun 10/10; Edge 1/2;
PAN: passive,Skinlink ID:Raoul Castus; comlink: Sony Emperor

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #632 on: <10-01-13/1233:22> »
It takes some more time and driving around to get the rest of the guns to the gang, but after a half hour or so the deal is complete, ARBs commcode secured and everything secured and safely passed along. It is slow going leaving the Barrens again and at 1pm (4 Hours till Farothel has her new Day Job) you are back out of gunfights, random crime and traffic. What do you plan to do with the rest of your day?

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #633 on: <10-01-13/1326:34> »
As soon as the weapons were handed over, Kitten zoomed back to her own body and followed the rest of the stuff on the comm.  Going out of your body was sometimes necessary, but she tried to avoid it when she didn't have to do so.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #634 on: <10-01-13/1356:01> »
Brushing off an ant who had crawled up her arm during the time out of body, Kitten saw she still had plenty of time before work. When Silk checks up on Evangeline quickly, she is currently visiting Stuffer Shack for some groceries, and is happy to receive the message as a distraction.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #635 on: <10-01-13/1436:02> »
"Stuffer Shack? Hey, uhm... Would you mind getting a pack of Soy'n'Choc Banana Bars? I can come pick 'em up later today at your place... You know... If you want?"

<<FaceSpace update: <3 Aswan<3 - All work and no sugar make Aswan .... *cry*
« Last Edit: <10-01-13/1442:23> by Xzylvador »

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #636 on: <10-01-13/1610:29> »
<20 minutes after final handover>
Cookie brushed himself as stepped out of Andromeda's car and said his goodbyes outside his place. As he left he headed upstairs whilst making a few messages @piemaker: Right, co-worker/s were panicing because we found gas dispensers, long story but I'm working and yes not one of your jobs but most of the nuyen from this is going to you anyway. Anyhow, forget the chem protection gear, sling a cyberware repair kit in the bundle I ordered and I'll pay for it,
Lets also see what you have lying around in regards to machine pistols, nothing fancy, just some nice ammo for it and I actually have enough to afford a backup now.
then sending out his last message a few seconds before he got to his door
@all: Since people know where I live now, feel free to drop by, however do not bring any troubles to my doorstep without forewarning, on that note anyone got a spare gun lying around they don't mind loaning, my favorite gun is going in the shop tomorrow due to work related issues.
Once inside he set his commlink to take messages only and started to get to work after all if he was going to get visitors, he was not going to get uninvited ones as he started warding.
[spoiler]
warding roll, force 4 ward on apartment,-2 to roll (7d6.hits(5)=1)
The whole thing takes 4 hours and lasts 1 week, have fun with a force 4 ward guys :P
body+willpower to resist 4 drain from ward (9d6.hits(5)=4)
and I resist all the drain from that.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <10-01-13/1618:07> by Punch »
speech; text/matrix; thinking
Cookie's Con Monitor: Phys 11/11; Stun 10/10; Edge 1/2;
PAN: passive,Skinlink ID:Raoul Castus; comlink: Sony Emperor

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #637 on: <10-01-13/1944:00> »
"Right then.  Now that that's done, I just gotta find a way to stay on the move while I hack this system..."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #638 on: <10-07-13/1305:34> »
As time moves on in the day it slowly ticks round to the time kitten is expected at work. Upon arrival she is given a standard uniform, a blue blouse with business trousers, they are thin and not at all robust. Despite the uniform being completely unsuited for deliveries they seem to insist this is the right uniform and upon being introduced to the other 3 unremarkable wage slaves working the delivery this seems to be the case.
Kitten is supplied with a very out of date headset to use for the deliveries, tethered to a heavy battery pack and wireless up link that is about the size of a large bread roll, it just about fits in the back pocket of the supplied trousers.
You are run through a voice recognition training program, where each shelf of a display cabinet, podium or area is designated with a corresponding code of letters and numbers. The team leader shows you how to enter the numbers on a display item and then log it to the corresponding shelf.
It takes a very long time though as the software is terrible and misunderstands half of what you both say.
You can think of any number of more efficient ways to do this but keep your mouth shut and get on with the tasks you are assigned to while waiting for that nights small delivery of modern art for the top floor. It shows up about 2 hours late.

You also see a notice announcing to the staff the Aztechnology delivery is due on Friday at 5pm.

[spoiler]Can someone remind me how many days i has been since the Johnson meeting? I have lost track, sorry.[/spoiler]

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #639 on: <10-09-13/0206:08> »
'This sucks big time,' Kitten thought as she continued to work, 'but at least I know when the stuff we need is arriving.'
"Why don't they buy some better equipment," she asked one of her co-workers when they were on a short break, "I mean, I've seen better equipment in Lagos, and that's a place that makes the Barrens look like a nice holiday spot."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #640 on: <10-09-13/0854:45> »
The co-worker shrugs, "They just never have, that's the company for you."
You don't seem to be able to get a better answer out of anyone, even managers. At best they start complaining about how the museum's business is all ways run like this at length, though without any real details.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #641 on: <10-13-13/1541:47> »
Since Evangeline didn't seem to immediately have time for her, Silk decided another look at the museum's outside and surroundings couldn't hurt. She put on a simple disguise and took a cab towards an address half a block away.
While she was in the cab and later walked towards the museum, a few things popped in her head.
"Kitten, make sure to record some of their voices. If their systems are voice controlled, having voice samples could come in handy. Did you find anything more about the shipping company or the shipment itself, by the way? Would be good to know what vehicle and security measures to expect with them..."

Sorry if we're already supposed to know some of this. I hate to admit I'm forgetting some of the stuff.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #642 on: <10-14-13/1314:11> »
After her work, where she tried to record voices as she talked to people, asking questions about the job, she contacted the rest of the team.
"Azzie transport will arrive on Friday at 5pm," she said, "as far as I can see, they won't keep extra security at the museum, just on the truck.  Equipment is crap here, but security is okay.  And Silk, there is a voice recognition system to do some of the logistics in the back, like marking items as damaged, moving things from back to display and vice-versa.  I have recorded some people's voices, but the system includes a pass phrase and that I don't know from others.  But everybody has one, including your guard friend.  I'll send the whole package to everybody, including a map of the back part of the museum.  If our techie can try to enhance the voices if needed so Silk can try to mimick them?"

[spoiler]
I assume that I can record voices with my earbuds (with audio enhancers and select sound filters) while talking to people without having to roll.  Maybe not all will be usable, but enough will be after clean-up and further enhancement.
[/spoiler]

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #643 on: <10-14-13/1518:52> »

Terrible map engage, ask any questions in OOC.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #644 on: <10-15-13/0741:38> »
While everyone had broken off, Sergei remained mobile in whatever way Andromeda was willing to help him do so, popped a dose of Trance, and got to work.  Getting in took a while, but not at all as long as he expected.

[spoiler]
Probing the shipping company (19d6.hits(5)=5, 19d6.hits(5)=4, 19d6.hits(5)=9, 19d6.hits(5)=8, 19d6.hits(5)=7, 19d6.hits(5)=6, 19d6.hits(5)=6, 19d6.hits(5)=6, 19d6.hits(5)=8, 19d6.hits(5)=7)

I'm quite certain that's sufficient to get in.

Threading Stealth (23d6.hits(5)=5)

Using 4 hits...

Fading Resistance (12d6.hits(5)=6)

And apparently I could have gotten away with 5.  Whoo?

Logging into the shipping company's node, which means they get a Firewall+Analyze against my lovely Stealth 9, and I'll be making a Matrix Perception Test on entry.

Matrix Perception Test (12d6.hits(5)=2)

Less good, but enough to tell me alarm status and if they have hidden access to another node.[/spoiler]
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites