NEWS

[IC] Messy Biz Chapter 0 - Those Damn Aztecs.

• 784 Replies

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #510 on: <08-23-13/0725:06> »
In between the myriad screens with social networks she had open on her AR display, a small icon in the form of a pink truck with trailer popped up, blinking and sparkling brightly.
With a thought, Silk closed half a dozen of the screens -she didn't have money for the newest Jackson & Grey line of women's shoes anyway- and focused on the incoming call.
"Work, work, work. Why don't you ever call me just to go out shopping?", she complained in a whiny voice. "Lord knows you can use an outfit that doesn't make you look like a grease monkey. You really need to get out more often, you know."
She let out a theatrical sigh and thought of the shoes again. That pair with the thin synthleather straps with pink and purple stone inlays really were too cute. "But sure, I can use the money. And I think I might've found a way to get rid off this guard causing troubles for my involvement. What do you got going on that my replacement can't handle?"
« Last Edit: <08-23-13/0726:46> by Xzylvador »

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #511 on: <08-24-13/1321:15> »
... Shopping? ... she thought a bit about it, completely not hearing the following sentence.
"But Silk, every time I tried to invite you to the Hardware store or some Junkyard you said No. i thought you did not like to go shopping with me at all." Andromeda said in a disappointed voice, as she clearly did not understood what kind of shopping Silk meant.

"About the Rorek Guy you recommended, he is MIA, wanted to take a whole gang upon himself and has not been heard from since." She sighed "Not sure why you recommended him, we almost shot him on sight when he read the situation wrong and i would not wonder if the Gang did as well, but he also might just be lost or something. Hopefully he is not one of the first casualties in the Gang-war." Then Andromeda stopped.

It was the time to start speaking work. "speaking of witch, We need someone to go to speak to the Brain Eaterz, ARB their leader. We might want to get on their good side, offer help in the war. I could spare a couple Uzi IV from the 18 i have for their war. In Return we might use their help when we need to get rid of everyone tailing us when we come to the warehouse with the goods. What do you think, can we achieve something like that?" Andromeda asked her person of trust in all aspects social. waiting for a honest answer. even though she could never decide when Silk was just playing and when she was dead serious.
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #512 on: <08-24-13/1530:16> »
Silk ignored the "shopping" commentary, shaking her head. Still the same lost cause.

Brain Eaters, gangs, warehouse? How the hell are these things involved with Aztec or musea?, she thought, listening to Andromeda's explanation.

"Wow, wow! Hang on a second there Rommy. I think you're skipping a step or two, or ten, there.", Silk finally replied. "If I'm going to be back on the job with you guys, let's patch the rest of the group in this conversation and then hopefully one of you can explain to me what the hell is going on here."
She waited a moment for the rest to join in on the chat, meanwhile closing another group of open windows and writing a quick reply to a very wrong comment about the outfit Christy Daee wore to the gala last night. Obviously the poster must be suffering from some kind of mental illness to suggest that Daee should've been wearing a Zoé's NuFaux gown.

"Okay, so before I step in the shower, can one of you guys please explain how on earth gang warfare and arms dealing became part of a museum heist in such a small amount of time?"

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #513 on: <08-24-13/1747:25> »
Cookie sigh, dictated a message and sent a response then returned to staring at the ceiling, he needed to calm down, talking helped; usually.
@all:Everyone is on edge Silk after Legion disappeared and that guard turned up at the restaurant, then the way your replacement introduced himself didn't help things. As for the warehouse, I thought we were just taking a look at the drop off site today. Things happened, the new guy; your replacement, was going to have a meet with the local gang who owned the turf, we were going to see if we could sort out some kind of deal regarding the warehouse drop off. Then another gang attacked, he goes MIA, I was kinda of upset as he didn't want anyone going with him as backup, so I may have made a suggestion that was fueled by a lot of anger.
As for the museum, the more we look at the security the more like a joke it seems, ask the new hacker Pulse about that if you want more, short version; the whole place is rigged with CS gas dispensers installed as part of the security system. Does anyone think I missed anything? Also welcome back before I forget.
« Last Edit: <08-24-13/1846:15> by Punch »
speech; text/matrix; thinking
Cookie's Con Monitor: Phys 11/11; Stun 10/10; Edge 1/2;
PAN: passive,Skinlink ID:Raoul Castus; comlink: Sony Emperor

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #514 on: <08-24-13/1820:20> »
<<Pulse here.  Museum security looks pretty light - Matrix side is outsourced, too, which might create a couple options.  Shipping company is looking a lot tougher; I'm gearing up to take a run at them, but I'm thinking I'd be better off not doing this one from home.  Being mobile would be useful, actually - any location trace over wireless is is imprecise, only gets you within 50m.>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #515 on: <08-24-13/1831:58> »
"Oh, hi Pulse! Well met! Well, sort-of met anyhow, I guess.", Silk responded when a name and number she didn't recognize popped up.
"To the point, professional and practical, I like that! We'll get along just fine, I'm sure!" Sure hope you're a better dresser than some of the others, though. "Any indication on whether or not Aztec will be taking over or adding additional security when their prize exhibit starts?"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #516 on: <08-24-13/1836:26> »
<<Nothing yet.  Been through the museum's node and that guard's commlink - the team decided to test me by getting me to hack into there.  Still have a backdoor into there if there's anything on there you're worried about, by the by.  Hoping the shipping company's records might give me a clue as to security plans, otherwise I'll have to keep looking.>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #517 on: <08-25-13/0431:05> »
"I managed to get a job at the museum," Kitten said, "in their storerooms.  So that means if we have to get in, I will probably have codes to do so.  I'll see if I can get more information on deliveries, security and things like that."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #518 on: <08-25-13/0444:43> »
<<Might be, but given the access I've got I can probably handle that - might be best if we limit your exposure, after all.  When do you start, though?  Still worried they might have an isolated system, so getting some behind the scenes intel could be handy.>>

Glad I made a good first impression, at least.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #519 on: <08-25-13/1423:51> »
"Cool, nice thing about getting an inside job, Kitten.
That gas... We know it's a dispenser filled with CS gas, or we know it's a CS gas dispenser? If it's the first, we should be fine with masks. But if we're inside and it turns out they loaded it with something nastier, though..."

Maybe I can find out from Evangeline., Silk thought. Get a conversation going about annoying procedures and alarm drills or something, see what precautions the guards were instructed to take.

"And what do we know about this gang and their boss? Name like that, place like that... Don't wanna suddenly find out they're more interested in actually eating brains instead of buying guns."

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #520 on: <08-25-13/1518:49> »
"I heard of the Brain Eaterz before, recognized their signs over the place." Gibbon answered. "From what i know, they are usually more interested in the 'Trix, but have their own muscle. And i'm pretty sure they are not a gang of ghouls or wannabes."
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #521 on: <08-25-13/1623:58> »
@All; That reminds me, Kitten and Pulse, anyway you can you check to see if any of the museum connects into the Ork underground tunnels that run below it? always good to have an emergency exit.
speech; text/matrix; thinking
Cookie's Con Monitor: Phys 11/11; Stun 10/10; Edge 1/2;
PAN: passive,Skinlink ID:Raoul Castus; comlink: Sony Emperor

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #522 on: <08-25-13/1635:49> »
Projecting or checking any records on line will tell you only if you fancy digging through meters of earth and rock.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #523 on: <08-25-13/1832:15> »
<<From what I can find, there's a tunnel or two that runs nearby-ish, but we'd be looking at having to create our own entrance - and I'm prepared to assume ttey've reinforced that.  As to these Brain Eaterz...  Should I be looped in to cover against their hacking?  To your point, Silk, their inventory is pretty explicit about it being CS, but I have no basis to discount the possibility of that being falsified.  Doesn't seem likely, though - CS gas is a great choice if they have to activate the system while the museum is open, after all.>>
« Last Edit: <08-26-13/0418:36> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #524 on: <08-26-13/0745:33> »
"Alright, that's good news then. Walking around in hazmat suits would kind of draw attention.  Still, I'd prefer we try not triggering any alarms at all.", Silk sent back over the comm channel.
"I'll jump in the shower and then go wherever you guys think you need me."
Silk walked towards the bathroom.
"I doubt this is the kind of hour to be setting up a meeting with gangers, though. We all done with recon in and around the museum?"