NEWS

Favorite Pistol in 5th.

• 50 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #30 on: <02-19-19/2010:48> »
... So Krime's going to release a sheep-firing weapon? Or are they going to weaponize sheep now? (That totally sounds like a thing Krime would do, by the way. With the slogan "COUNT THESE!!!")
Did I miss something or was that just one hell of a non-sequitur?
I take it that you haven't read "Sim Dreams And Nightmares"?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #31 on: <02-20-19/0229:15> »
... So Krime's going to release a sheep-firing weapon? Or are they going to weaponize sheep now? (That totally sounds like a thing Krime would do, by the way. With the slogan "COUNT THESE!!!")
Did I miss something or was that just one hell of a non-sequitur?
I take it that you haven't read "Sim Dreams And Nightmares"?
Ay, there's the rub.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #32 on: <02-20-19/1756:30> »
Snip! But weaponized sheep? That’s a new twist: Wales conquers everybody!

Umm, New Zealand begs to differ....
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <02-20-19/1926:29> »

Okay, they conquer everybody but the Kiwis and the Aussies...
Evil looms. Cowboy up. Kill it. Get paid.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #34 on: <02-20-19/1953:50> »

Okay, they conquer everybody but the Kiwis and the Aussies...
Mainly because, no matter how dangerous the Sixth World is, at least it isn't as dangerous as Australia.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <02-20-19/2147:23> »
I'm a fan of the street-line special.  That's dirt cheap for a MAD resistant gun. Colt Agent is a solid choice for my non shooters, they wont exceed 5 accuracy that often and its 8P in a light pistol package. In the heavy pistol category I no longer am hoping people wont notice it and like the Ruger super warhawk and Remington roomsweeper.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #36 on: <02-26-19/0343:54> »
As the title states? what is everybody's favorite pistol? 

I'm a big fan of the Remington Suppressor.

Yeah, its a Machine Pistol that uses Automatics Skill, but its still my favorite.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #37 on: <03-01-19/1157:26> »
Yeah, I am also a Remington Suppressor fan. Only machine pistol with natural AP. My last character carried two, one with stick and shock one with ADPS. Granted, we had a very pink mohawk game, so that was his way of being quiet. Otherwise, he was in your face aggressive, either with full auto weapons (also ADPS) or melee weapons.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

neomerlin

• Newb
« Reply #38 on: <03-02-19/0040:44> »
Warhawks all the way. Preferably two of them. My gunslinging adept made a mess that way time and time again. Smartlinks and custom grips and one can't forget the most important feature: weapon personalities. Different one in each.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #39 on: <03-02-19/0217:52> »
Warhawks all the way. Preferably two of them. My gunslinging adept made a mess that way time and time again. Smartlinks and custom grips and one can't forget the most important feature: weapon personalities. Different one in each.
....exactly, my gunslinger adept namesake has two respectively named "Butch" and "Sundnance " (she has the Ambidexterity quality).  Usually they are loaded with EXEX Handload  giving her a DV of 12 and an AP of -3. 
Forsaken daughter is watching you

neomerlin

• Newb
« Reply #40 on: <03-02-19/0339:36> »
....exactly, my gunslinger adept namesake has two respectively named "Butch" and "Sundnance " (she has the Ambidexterity quality).  Usually they are loaded with EXEX Handload  giving her a DV of 12 and an AP of -3.
Ambidexterity all the way. Last time I actually played, the game was too short for me to get my hands on anything but regular ammo, though. But with my impressive dice pool, I was dishing out enough damage to get by. No Fate (seen to the left in pixel form) called her warhawks Firebert and Crackotage. They were named for (and had the personalities of) characters from her favourite runner trid: Gunhaver and The Shadow Commandos.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #41 on: <03-02-19/2042:29> »
...yeah KK being a fan of old west lore (which included flatvids) her names for her shootin' irons were appropriate.

Her favourite character is Doc Holliday from the old flatvid Tombstone and her favourite line is a paraphrase from the film, ""Two of you eh? Well I have two guns, one for each of ya."

She has a pretty good pool with pistols as well, would often split it and with that DV/AP usually could take a couple mooks down in a single pass.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #42 on: <03-14-19/0026:57> »
Yeah, I am also a Remington Suppressor fan. Only machine pistol with natural AP. My last character carried two, one with stick and shock one with ADPS. Granted, we had a very pink mohawk game, so that was his way of being quiet. Otherwise, he was in your face aggressive, either with full auto weapons (also ADPS) or melee weapons.

I didn't really care about the AP.   I just liked the fact that it was a great way to get a suppressed "Pistol" on a character using Automatics.

I generally had 2 mags on me, 1 Gel, 1 APDS.

Full Auto on my AK I generally just used Reg ammo as FA starts to get pricey, not like grenades or bound spirits pricey, but it cuts into the profits a little & on FA I can afford to not be using APDS.

prismite

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <04-12-19/1727:13> »
Admittedly, I miss some of the rules to modify your weapon from 4e. We're getting around to some of that now in 5e, but its still not there yet.

Anywho, my favorite has always been the L36. Its not an outstanding weapon, but Im drawn to it. Easy to hide, easy to replace if needed.
Want to join a skype game on R20 on Sundays? PM me!

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #44 on: <04-13-19/2153:48> »
...ahh but it's so fun to pull both of those big ol' Warhawks out twirl them around, then aim at the small time gang leader who is flashing a Streetline special in a "threatening manner" only to watch him to wet himself (and possibly soil his britches) in front of his mates.