NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #1185 on: <01-23-19/1201:01> »
Really really appreciate Chummer5, thank you so much for putting the time and effort in to produce this wonderful program.

The new(?) feature of HeroLab file import seems like a winner - are the file types really that incompatible, as per the warning dialog?

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1186 on: <01-23-19/1824:24> »
@kyoto kid: Hand-loads are proxyable with a custom file until I can spend time to implement it in a way I'm happy with. I don't want to implement them as gear entries like that because I don't want to pollute the gear file with a bunch of variants of each ammo type.
@Longshot23: Depends on the thing we're looking at. Chummer stores the whole object in XML, while Herolab (from memory) only stores a name reference, which they presumably rebuild from their datastore on load. Things like skills are handled differently though, as it seems the whole value is stored, including points from other sources. Mostly it's just to cover our bases and encourage you to double-check everything is correct.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1187 on: <01-23-19/1916:32> »
is there a way to change an existing skill specialization?

I get that there's no way to do it in the mechanics of the game itself, but sometimes you'd really prefer to fix a misspelling that got saved to your only save copy.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1188 on: <01-23-19/1921:07> »
Nothing UI facing unfortunately, but it's not difficult to open up the file and ctrl-f for the misspelling.

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1189 on: <01-23-19/1924:27> »
Nothing UI facing unfortunately, but it's not difficult to open up the file and ctrl-f for the misspelling.

The simplest fixes are often the best!  Thank you for this excellent idea :)
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #1190 on: <01-23-19/2229:01> »
I've noticed that I cannot attach commlink accessories (dongles) to an RCC or cyberdeck. Intentional, or a bug?
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #1191 on: <01-23-19/2304:12> »
Intention as dongles for commlinks are exclusively for commlinks, not devices which share functionality with commlinks
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #1192 on: <01-24-19/1152:44> »
Pity. Ah well, it's not like my RCC is lacking for Noise Reduction anyways.

A Guide to Gridguide

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1193 on: <01-24-19/1211:51> »
Pity. Ah well, it's not like my RCC is lacking for Noise Reduction anyways.

Yeah I've been trying to make a Rigger/Decker character, and was quite disappointed to realize I can't just put an attack dongle on a RCC.  Smoke & Mirrors gives in effect a "free" Sleaze attribute but it's either pre-edge to ignore limit 0 on every Attack action, deal with having a cyberdeck instead of a RCC, or just buy both.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #1194 on: <01-24-19/1913:22> »
...wrong thread.  NM
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #1195 on: <02-06-19/1331:02> »
A super minor / niche request.

Chrome Flesh (page 81) introduces the synthlink for musicians, and mentions that to use it, you need a 'synthstrument' which costs double the normal instrument cost.  As far as I could figure out, synthstruments don't show up as gear, nor as an option to add to gear.  The easiest thing might be just to add them in as gear?

Ixal

• Chummer
« Reply #1196 on: <02-06-19/1508:11> »
A super minor / niche request.

Chrome Flesh (page 81) introduces the synthlink for musicians, and mentions that to use it, you need a 'synthstrument' which costs double the normal instrument cost.  As far as I could figure out, synthstruments don't show up as gear, nor as an option to add to gear.  The easiest thing might be just to add them in as gear?

They are in No Future, so should come with the update.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #1197 on: <02-20-19/0130:06> »
A minor issue maybe: when trying to add an Armour Mod (on a comparatively old character build), Chummer crashes out.

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1198 on: <02-22-19/1432:34> »
I'm curious about something in Chummer.

It treats Vehicle/Drone Sensor stat as being a Sensor Array of equal rating.

I'm curious what the rules basis for this is. Also, why it allows me to get sensor functions for that array up to the Sensor rating for free.

Don't get me wrong; I WANT it all to be true... I just don't understand how/why that leap of logic was made.

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #1199 on: <02-22-19/1530:36> »
Core Rulebook, page 445: Most vehicles and drones come factory-equipped with a sensor array (at a rating listed with their stats).

A Guide to Gridguide