NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Dangermaus

• Newb
« Reply #1230 on: <04-28-19/1500:52> »
I moved it to a location on my gaming drive along with the associated Chum files, I was really just trying to get the problem in case others had a similar problem.

Grizzly

• Newb
« Reply #1231 on: <04-29-19/0741:41> »
Using 5.205.0

Lightning Reflexes (Quality) and Synaptic Acceleration (Bioware)

RAW as I understand it is that they won't stack at all.  Chummer does not stack initiative dice (good) but does stack the bonus point to initiative (don't think this is correct).

I thought there used to be a Dodge Pool display somewhere but I don't see that any more, so I don't know if that is taken into account.  Maybe I'm just not looking in the right spot.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #1232 on: <09-25-19/0221:51> »
...wow, trying do download the latest version and it is going excruciatingly slow, so bad I feel I'm, on dialup.
« Last Edit: <10-27-19/1434:09> by kyoto kid »
Forsaken daughter is watching you

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #1233 on: <10-27-19/1441:01> »
...well turned out I needed to clear cache and cookies and then it downloaded fine.

OK a couple questions.

Years ago Chummer5 stopped working on my old Xp system is that just because Xp was no longer supported?  I have been contemplating upgrading an old notebook with an SSD and W7 Home Edition, however it is still a 32 bit system.  Will it run on that?

I do hope that when W7 hits it's EOL next January that the programme doesn't stop working on it as I have no intention of moving to W10.

Also will Chummer5 still get fixes and improvements or will development focus on 6E?
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1234 on: <10-31-19/0944:15> »
Chummer stopped working in XP because there was functionality I needed from .Net 4.5 that I didn't want to reimplement or work around in .Net 3.5; the fact that it was a deprecated OS was largely incidental. At present I have no reason to assume I'd need to abandon support for Windows 7; the next logical step would be to .Net Core 3.0 and a cross-platform UI stack, which is fully supported by all modern operating systems.

As far as future development work goes, I have no interest in working on 6E from the games I've watched and played of it so far. Stefan Pelle's Genesis seems to be fine for that purpose so far.

I'll keep working on it as long as I find it fun and I'm able to do it; if I ever run out of issues that need to be worked on, I'll likely turn my attention towards integrating 4e into the codebase to support both editions and generate more work for myself.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #1235 on: <02-10-23/0043:15> »
Using version 5.225.0.

Having a strange problem with saving a character build - it's like the save process just hangs midpoint.