NEWS

Bye, Bye Blackbird OOC

• 38 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <04-28-17/0454:21> »
I actually took it from Jayde and adapted it slightly.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <04-28-17/0837:33> »
[spoiler]
So who am I?  Honestly I am uncertain, here is what I do know.

I was born in Italy and awakened at birth. Italy is a place where magic is celebrated rather than feared and as one touched by god, my life were dedicated to the faith, to the state to the needs of the faithful. So I learned, and sung and was happy with my share. I showed early potential and could summon spirits at a very young age. These spirits were like friends to me and happily did even the most menial of tasks like playing or singing with me, reading me stories and so forth.

My early childhood was happy, but I was dedicated to the church my parents gave me away at a young age. This was I believe the first betrayal and most fundamental of them all, I lost contact of my parents and of my twin sister and as most of my memories are blurry, and some were manipulated I do not know to differentiate truth from fiction these days. Another question is who exactly manipulated my memories - which I suspect that it was myself.   The thing is, I was considerably more powerful when I was younger and I excelled even among other awakened. I was top of my class and was accepted to the most prestigious program a young flower can ever aspire to - ‘special training’ these people actually do the will of the Church. They are the best of the best - and myself as a young prodigy passed in flying colors.

This is when my life turned upside down, special training taught me to be calculated. It taught me to be cruel and to follow orders blindly even when these orders were opposed to my inner conscious, to my own sense of right and wrong - even when they were explicitly forbidden by the same teachings I hold sacred.  If this was not hard enough,  I was born as an elf in a place of prejudice where the circumstances of my superior power were always questioned.
People feared me, hated me, adored me but deep down they believed that I came down from a demonic bloodline, that my power was unholy in nature.

The thing is, these beliefs were not entirely fabricated. My spirit did not manifest as the will of saints or as minor angles. They manifested as red daemons as sexy naked ladies and men. They had horns and other demonic features and they behaved in the most absinthe manner. In addition, the spirits I could summon were not all part of the Christian tradition, leading people to question - who was it that taught me magic.

Well, my real magical mentor was an arch daemon called Agrat Bat Mahalat. A daemon that every ancient text that mentioned her claimed to be a necessary evil at best and absolute evil at worst.  Agrat was as old as the world itself. Agrat is the entity that introduced etiquette, diplomacy and dancing to the world. Her mother, Mhalat is the force of nature behind music. She introduced the first people to music and the emotions it raises. If I tell the story from Catholic eyes, Agrat introduced depict and intrigue to the world she taught early humans how to lie and manipulate. Her mother introduced music and religious rituals involving mass orgies and excessive drinkings both have led countless of good people to their doom, to hell seducing them to stray away from the way of the righteous.

You see every story has two sides yes and every villain thinks that he is a decent guy. The thing is, special training was really assassin training and my mentor Agrat was pacifist who believed in free choice. She believed that eternity is found in a single moment of lust and not in longevity and felt completely at ease to lie, manipulate and mock me when I did not do her bidding. She helped me protect myself from external influences. She helped me respond to the manipulations done with chaos and discord. At the time that my fellow priests grew in obvious magical power Agrat taught me to seduce, to inspire and indeed this was what I did.  I slept with everyone of the priests in my age group despite their vows of chastity.  Eventually I became more trouble than I was worth considering that my once impressive magical abilities begun lagging behind the rest and the numerous scandals I caused I was let go. Sent to Seattle where I was promised to be left alone as long as I never contact my family.

In Seattle I thrived, instead of a priest I became a prostitute a darn good one. Capable of sensing people's mind and understanding their inner desire. I could fulfill fantasies that people never knew they had. That they could never say out loudly and pleasuring all these people made Agrat happy and helped me progress within the art. I quickly improved and learned numerous spells. In fact I learned more in a year of freedom than I did in a lifetime of captivity.

Things were not as good between me and Agrat, her desire was too much for a mere mortal. I was beginning to develop drug abuse and I knew that if I fall there will be no one to pick up my pieces. So I did the most difficult thing I have ever done, I turned my back on Agrat - on the arch daemon. This is when things became interesting, I left Agrat but she did not leave me we continued as rivals, as friends - as lovers. No longer teacher and student but equals - as equal as a mortal mage can ever be with an immortal daemon as old as time.

Then came my first romantic love, Shilla schmidt a middle aged german woman that was one of my clients. She seduced me and gained intel on who I was until she learned my secret - the one thing that would make the Church kill me - my sexual scandals. Using this leverage she made me do illegal things for her. Well - usually the goal was noble but the means to that goal were illegal. 
Sounds familiar ? These were the exact same claims of the priests I struggled so much to free myself from. We kill people - but these are enemies of the Church - dangerous to the faith - Daemons in human skin.

With all my magical powers I was nothing but a pawn to be played by smarter, richer and more powerful people and my own will was bent to that of these people.  Well, one thing led to another and there was this infiltration job at the Stardust - a club that sold an illegal drug, a drug that killed people and perhaps made them magically active go figure.  I honestly did not care much for the details at the time - I fell in love with a cold - calculated russian assassin. Everything else was minor - we got the evidences we needed, I freaked out a couple of times and eventually made progress in finding my bravery from within and understanding that magic is rare in the general public and not everyone are powerful mages like in my youth.

Then came the another betrayal the most fresh so far. She asked me to join her in a crusade to kill, to murder. Sure the people she wanted dead were all scum, they deserved to die - but where would one draw the line? We also killed people trying to close down the stardust - I helped tossing a jeep toward the ocean. Are their life less important than these of the stardust’s victims? Who are we to judge?

What would jesus do in that situation?

Well, I wanted to come with her - but I was not allowed to leave Seattle. I faked my own death, cutting ties with everyone I knew and resurfaced in eastern europe in a new skin, new name and frankly new personality. Faking your own death is a giant step - it changes you - takes away the innocence that once was and replace it with cynicism and critique.

So I helped Yelena, the assassin I fell in love with do her did, hunt her past. While I was at it I decided to kill her old mentor  as well. Nikolai’s blood is the first one on my hands. Guess what, assassin training did teach me something. I discovered the horrifying truth that I am no pacifist at all - I am rather comfortable with death, with suffering with pleasure. I am a sociopath - in retrospect it makes sense how could I not know that right?

I mean I was trained as assassin since the age of five - why did I ever think that I could live a normal life? That I could trust people and love them and share my life with them.  Whats next? Well, just because I can kill a man and then move on like nothing happened does not mean that I should start a homicidal campaign. I no longer believe in Christianity,  there is no place for God in a world with monsters like Nikolai. What I do believe in? Freedom, my own freedom - these priests think they own me that because they raised me than I should do what they tell me to do.

I don’t - I want to free myself of these people and mend what is broken in my personality. Perhaps one day I will trust someone and love for real.  As for Yelena? Well I loved her she loved me and then I did not tell her that I was faking my death. I broke her heart and her emotions are nothing like mine, for me this whole thing was cold and technical - for her it was personal. I guess understanding other people is going to be challenging with me being something else entirely. I think she hates me now, I doubt that she will ever forgive me for the grief I caused her when I used her to advance my agenda.

Guess what? I know no better - everyone used me. Including that Yelena - after all why did we kill Tsina and Nikolai?

[/spoiler]

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <05-08-17/1537:55> »
I'm confused on the progression of the story.  I thought we were helping Marco kidnap the guy.  was about to make a post about scouting, but I see Yelena and Arc making contact for extraction...
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Qwikfix

« Reply #18 on: <05-08-17/1556:33> »
I suspect the idea is that we're convincing our new friends to swing by the airport to do the deed on our way out.  Shouldn't impact your actions I think.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <05-09-17/0036:17> »
That is my thought as well.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gwilym

• Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <05-14-17/1711:45> »
Ok so Smiles has asked me to post these up. my perspective in role playing is from a third person perspective, its a Pygmalion projection thing more that an alter ego thing ,so every thing is third person POV.

Alexandra Ostrakova Borisova lived a charmed life. her farther paid for the best schools and education, but he had to you see she was a barstard and an elf, and a fathers love cannot sheild a child from the racism that seems to permeate the lower echilons of russian society, even in the USA. He came up with a perfect fix. His old friend was now a Bishop in the church, the Priest dropped her into the church orphanage system and then carfully lost her in the paperwork then pulled her out the other end and sent her abroad, using money given to him by father set up a dummy trust fund ostensibly for orphans who showed a talent and sponsor then for a through Quality education

The priest then kept close eye on her (playing the father figure role in her life). The father travelled a lot for his work so he could visit (just to see how his generous trust fund was being spent); first the English private school and Swiss finishing school the summers in Monaco winters in Chamonix, the jet set life style.

For Alex it was not the same, her passport said UCAS and it this identity called to her soul as though it would heal her hurts. so she applied to Brown college to be closer and be part of it.

The Father (via the priest) objected (which was odd, he never objected, to anything, ever.) He said it would make things harder (whatever that meant, what "things"?) but if there was one trait the child had from her father it was his iron will, she had chosen Brown and Brown it would be.

That was where she met Enrico: suave, educated, exotic. she was a freshman architectural major, He was second year magic major; two years of campus bliss followed. Then, when she was on her intern year in an architecture practise, he was in his final year, he changed. The change was slow at first but it accelerated. Started with him being more and more aggressive, then abusive (first mentally then physically). Then on Boxing day when she saw the pleasure ripping across his face as he reached out to start beating she started packing. She spent the new years tied to the bed post being bled by her half deranged, totally blood magic addicted ex. and so it was for six weeks.

Believe it or not this is where things Start. The first two weeks were hell but if there was one trait she had inherited from her father it was his iron will she had decided she was going to survive this so survive she would, wolf was pleased with her spirit. By the end of week two she had convinced him she was docile and broken so he didn't tie her up just locked her up and used her as a slave and a source of power, wolf was please with her deception. She started to work on then plan, she worked out it took two hours to put an edge on the cheep knives in the house she also figured so would he check, wolf was pleased with her intuition . she realised that he was messing with her sleep cycle and eating regime. so she set her own and wolf was pleased by her defiance. she took great pleasure in planning her moves as he moved through the room, wolf was pleased she understood.

It was week four before she realised wolf was always there, quite odd she hadn't noticed before but she did have a lot going on. also quite odd how natural it felt and at ease with it she was. With that she realised she had awakened and that meant she really did stand a chance, the roles had reversed he was now the prey, he just didn't know it.

when he stopped cutting her. she realised time was up he was saving for something big, the end but she was ready.

He locked her in the bathroom while he prepared. He came for her and she was ready she lunged at him with the knife she had stashed, he'd blunted it, of course, so her blow did little more that antagonise him. He screamed at her, a howl of rage, frustration and shear aggression, he screamed at her that he knew what she'd done, how he was ready for her plan and how it was time to end it as he dragged her out of the room by her hair. He was right and wrong, he wasn't ready for the sharpened toothbrush handle she grabbed as he moved her from the room but he was right in that it was time to end this so she neatly pushed the toothbrush into his brain just under the ear

The bit she wasn't ready for was the door imploding or the two bury looking orcs who rushed in. She stood over Enrico's twitching body weapon in hand ready for the next fight Wolf consumed her and the two guys backed off and just as she prepared to rush them the priest walked in. the next few days were a blur the next few weeks hazy, but by the summer term she was major in magic now. a thesis on blood magic and a plan. more and more time at the gym, more and more time at the dojo, church every Sunday and sell everything. and start hanging around the bars rumoured to be runner joints. while she is being cold blooded about this she is scared; not of what she is doing but of becoming a toxic. she has spoken to several priests about it and they all tell her to confess and that that the she is aware of the mortal danger her soul is in gives her a fighting chance

To make life that little bit harder she has found out the priest is know for his Vory links and she starting to wonder just who the old man who came to visit so many times really is. but this is secondary she has prey to be caught and if there is one thing the child had from her father it was an iron will. wolf is pleased
You are not what you think you are. you are an imitation of what your wish you were

gwilym

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <05-14-17/1716:17> »
Alex sat head slumped on the table staring through the foam of her finished soy-latte as is slid down side of the glass. Cum laude...ooooo.. suppose she should feel some kind of pride or a..erm. DelSomething? Truth be told she was feeling nothing, except maybe empty. She had told herself she had a plan, really she had a mission statement.

Wolf plonked his head in her lap, his raised eye brow said it all.

Hauling herself to her feet (more than two metres of hauling) her perception widened, arrows inviting her to all kinds of graduation events buzzed around her, she swatted them away.

Starting with local police reports she scanned for activity as she walked to the gym. The gym she widened to the surrounding city, back at apartment she started nation wide then NAN and CAS finally the Tire. She set bot to feed reports to file and bot to trawl those reports for the key word or concepts. The hunt was on.

When she looked up both her clock and her stomach told her it was well into the afternoon.

She sat in the McHughs thoughtfully chewing on her food as she sketched out a plan, a real plan. gym, shooting range, dojo, money, time...

"hi there mama seta"  said a smile on legs, the young elf sat himself down and arranged himself into his most "devastating pose", "hi I'm.. "
"leaving" she interrupted. he stammered and gawped "your leaving, right now!" she as directly as she could, he pulled himself together and started again. As he started she felt her hackles rise and Wolf flowed into her soul, she readied all of her power and fixed him in the eye
"you're either pack or prey" she spat under clenched teeth. The realisation that he wasn't just unwelcome but in mortal danger was rapid, alien and terrifying for the young suit "go! now!" she snapped in her best school mam voice and tried not to laugh as he left in a very undignified manner. Then she realised her tongue was lolling out of her mouth and she blushed and took a pull on her spoky roller (coke cola)

Her train of thought destroyed she messaged EB the story....
You are not what you think you are. you are an imitation of what your wish you were

gwilym

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <05-14-17/1719:47> »
My Dear petre

Gods blessings, I hope that I find you well in faith and body, it has been to long my old friend we must talk longer and in person have your people talk to my people ect. This is not a personal missive;

I write in connection with the borisnova child. I understand she has recently encountered and conquered one of the great evils. This is of great interest to us here. As you now the patriarchs like to deal with evils quickly and try not to let dogma bar our path, its a fine line I know but we have our faith and our experience to guide us.

I need the girl Alex to look into a matter for me one as a matter of faith and secondly as a small test, we have had reports of children being bled and having no memory of what happened. Alex, as a good child of the church will investigate and report back to you. the details are in the file please act in haste. please keep me immediately informed as to both the matter and the subject. I know it will be hard for you but we all have duties to humanity at large

My dear Vladi

I dispatched Alex as requested. Turned out to be a young boy just awakened how had stumbled on the wrong path by pure ill luck and happenstance. However We have another problem, Alex flushed him out by using a child as bait, she says it was the only way because the trail went cold due to the amnesia but it was very heartless. She seems a little hard nosed, every cold and merciless. Luckily she stayed her hand and brought him back with her rather than kill him. I have left him with one of the parish priests.

My concern is with Alex, you know who her father is? he is our dear friend, this is his daughter, you baptized her, I am her god father, I don't want to have to hunt her down as toxic.

She staid with two of my staff while we sorted the boy, Sister Olga took the opportunity to as sense her. She came back with two main points: firstly she has awkened and it seam to be shamanic in nature. secondly there was a fear running through her. The sister asked what the issue was and Alex told her she fears what she may become.

Her actions along with her own admission, that she turns to fight more than flight, reinforces my view that, at this time, she would be a very blunt tool for the church if you use her that way i think you are planning. She could produce a lot of collateral damage. Having sid that i know the girl, she is very iron willed, if we can shape her she will be a sharp sword to weild.

I intend to speak with her at confessional about her fears.

Will you be at the conclave at Chrestachowa? I have a right of attendance and I could bring her to meet your people?

gwilym

• Chummer
« Reply #23 on: <05-14-17/1722:36> »
Alex was entranced by the bubbles in the soda water as they rose up the glass, she'd quite at three shots and switched to soda and lime. They had only made her thoughts more lurid, so much for drowning your sorrows. She looked up, she could feel his presence these days, she didn't need to see him, there in the corner lying down; just there; no comment or hint; just there. She'd tried speaking to EB but she was not really able to help able to help, she had tried but EB was too far down the path to empathise with her quandary.

It was going to have to be confessional so better get ready. Wolf leapt up and darted from the bar. Back at her Spartan, striped bare apartment, just a punch bag, weights, a deact pistol and smart gun, desk, chair dart board (with steak knives sticking out). In the bed room she got out her Sunday best, as she finished she picked up her crucifix, heavy, brass, its engraved surface familiar even with her eyes shut. Uncle Petre said it was a gift from his closest friend. Uncle petre always looked sad when he spoke of it. "He lost his way but found it someplace else" he would say and would not add anything else.

Alex would imagine that this "friend" was her father or was it the man with the intense stare from the trust fund, he would come to check she was meeting the targets of the trust. Funnily she spotted him one day in the street, in London. She was eight that day, he was there sat in a huge car with the window wound down staring at her as she went into the prep school. She was sure she saw that car many times again but as she got old she just dismissed it as wishful thinking

She dragged her mind back, carefully place the cross back on the bible by the side her mattress and headed for the door, she hailed a cab. She would have to sell her bike when she moved to Seattle she thought

The church had that stone and incense smell all churches have. The acolyte greeted her as she rose from the alter. "is farther Petre here?"
"Alex, he is always here for you" he flushed and muttered "so are we all" and she muttered under her breath; Not another one!?

The damned dress was an arse to get in the confessional box.

Father help me. I fear i Will become the monsters I hunt!

I too my child, can I tern you away from the path you propose!

No sorry but they must not.... live. I have to hunt them.

Ok we will talk about your fears then we will talk about your new friend

Friend?

Alex I'm your god father do you think I would not know?

Wolf flopped his head in her lap and waged his tail

I'm consumed by this hunger to hunt, to take the hind most, is this my... friends influence or my ex's poison? Is it blood lust? I wrote so much about it but now I'm not hiding in the books, no academic detachment I'm worried. will I become the thing I hate the thing I hunt?

Let talk and we will see, I don't think so but I need to explain why I do not. confession is not the place for this conversation. let grab coffee and go play chess.

gwilym

• Chummer
« Reply #24 on: <05-14-17/1726:44> »

phone call

voice one: Is that the laudery?

voice two: yes it is can i take your order?

voice one: no its ok I'll call back on Tuesday.

call cut off
call re-established

voice two: what can i do for your you chummer?

voice one: it's more what i can do for you. I think I've found some new talent.

voice two: you know that tall elf who's been hanging around the Irish bar?

Voice One: the posh one? she's gonna get in trouble you know. someone gonna push on her..

Voice two: i know and no they're not. she can handle herself, really well.

Voice one: Really? go on

Voice two: you know Fallon, that orc dick from queens? he tried to last week end and she slapped him flat. real fast.

Voice one: you've checked already haven't you?

Voice two: dude? come on. 'course I have.

Voice one: don't leave me hanging.

Voice Two: OK she awakend, its shamanic but given the speed and power she moved with I think she's physadept. she trains both fire arms and up close. bangs not so good but close up she deadly. she's know in all the obvious bars, so I think she looking for work.

Voice one: ok...(back ground audio haptic feed back) I've paid you chummer. and the usual if we meet and so on. always a pleasure shout me when we're ready, yes?

Voice two: 'course (back ground audio Haptic feed back) ah there it is...wow you got some thing in mind?

Voice one YUP!

gwilym

• Chummer
« Reply #25 on: <05-14-17/1732:48> »
four days later

ok Mikey the carousel nice easy, airport pick up style. ok big bird, wait can't call you that erm erm what should i call you?

tonight I will be Tatiana Giggle

that's good, right its simple:- I have to do a pick up and you are an unknown so if anything kick off I have an ace in the hole.

so I'm muscle?

yes,

so play the dump hooker beard and flatten anyone if they start trouble?

yes, knew you'd get it.. you ok with the dumb Russian hooker thing? I think I might be uncomfortable with it, bit demening.

its fine, its just a work thing. I won't be much use it for long though people will get wise to it and my face, and they'll do it fast too.

i know but tonight's a big deal so I need something special. Tatiana to be honest your are, even for an elf, quite a good looking woman. the distraction alone is worth it.

we need to talk layouts and fall backs.

ok so I'm assuming you've been here before; so you know the exits and such we'll call the ......

four hours later

thank you Mikey..well that went with out a hitch...

not out of the woods yet

really?

I'll be happier when I know you have delivered the item. hitting you here is too messy

I know that why we have a couple of change overs on the way home.

hour later

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT

i don't know two guys and maybe a sniper? i think i saw something and just acted

did you have to push me down the stairs?

yes need to get us both clear of the sniper fast

ok, you say two up there?

yes, I've only got a knife

me too, so basement back up stash.

next day

hi

you do it

yes all delivered

any problems

yes, think hubby or lawyer hired some opposition but that big bird girl can handle herself so we got it sorted

she did ok?

perfect, she got potential, she a bit brutal in a fight though.

that's not a bad thing in out line, if she builds a rep on that she can make a decent living

well it helped me, those were two big guys. pay the girl and my recommendation as well.

chears chummer

gwilym

• Chummer
« Reply #26 on: <05-14-17/1735:52> »
After action report for operation Manhattan elimination, order of St. Sylvester

our intel was correct, we found a little circle of wizgangers who'd "stumbled" into blood magic. not a hard job, after action report attached, expenses attached and intel report attached. you need to read the intel report. we bumped into an elf woman working on her own. she was tracking the gang trying to thin it out, she was very helpful and very useful if inexperienced. I do not think she is a bounty hunter so think i will stay in touch as she could be useful again. certainly knows the threat blood magic is. pity she devoutly orthodox or i would have brought her back for recruitment in to the order but that might be an advantage in our line of work.

draco foundation proof of payment audit note
subject29334. subject caught in Manhattan, abducting lone single female. mentor unknown, school unknown, employer unknown, reward claimant new record temporary ID 232112 10k nuyen

gwilym

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <05-14-17/1737:24> »
since graduating Alex had been working on two things

1;- learning new skills to this end she has training to get her hand to hand and weapons skills up to grade. she has also managed to get her self a fixer and a rep as a good body guard/couriers/reconnaissance for upper class places and functions.

2: she is starting her hunt using tools she knows, this is also pushing her to study Aztechnology and she's starting to get a bee in her bonnet about them, she even trying to avoid using their products, which is very hard these days. she is toying with blood crystals and Ordo Maximus but she is focusing in more and more on to Aztechnology.

to these ends she is living a very Spartan life style at home father Petre has insisted that she socialises outside of her work circles so she is staying in touch with a few of her New York friends but she feels that she needs to move, either Denver or Seattle is the next stop. What ever opportunity comes up first she'll take

gwilym

• Chummer
« Reply #28 on: <05-14-17/1738:54> »
and finally the character sheet

Qwikfix

« Reply #29 on: <05-15-17/1058:02> »
Heads up for those that can help.  Got locked out of my Skype account after being hacked (I shut it down basically).  Have new account set up, display name is Real Qwikfix.  If someone can read add me to the group and kick the old name, that would be awesome ^^ thanks
« Last Edit: <05-15-17/1110:03> by Qwikfix »