NEWS

Shotgun that sets people on FIRE?

• 53 Replies

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #15 on: <05-22-11/0814:30> »
Have Incendiary Rounds been cut too?
They were in SR3 Canon Companion on Page 38 . .
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #16 on: <05-22-11/1109:15> »
I can't find them in the core book or Arsenal. so it looks like Traser rounds or capsule will have to suffice. Personally if I was gonna make a shotgun lay down real figure, I'd either go with an under barrel ares-s III super squirt modified to shoot napalm (making it a flame thrower without an ignition source.) or a Shiawase blaser so that you can cover someone with the "flammable chemical" and then hit them with a flare, explosive, EX explosive, to ignite. Otherwise you'd need to so a serious knowledge skill check or data search test to find plans to build them, then an Armorer test to make them yourself.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #17 on: <05-22-11/1253:26> »
I'm foreseeing a runner that likes skate boards or roller blades with super soakers full of chems, a monofilament whip, and water balloons full of napalm with contact paper glued on for the  big ignites!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #18 on: <05-22-11/1258:17> »
...you aren't trying hard enough.
That'll hardly set someone on fire.
Want me to try harder?  FINE!

"Hey, check out my new cybernetic system!"  "You're just...  Urinating on that guy we have tied up.  And now you're pulling out a zippo, and..."  *FOOM*  "WHOA!  YOU CAN PEE NAPALM?"
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #19 on: <05-22-11/1306:17> »

"Hey, check out my new cybernetic system!"  "You're just...  Urinating on that guy we have tied up.  And now you're pulling out a zippo, and..."  *FOOM*  "WHOA!  YOU CAN PEE NAPALM?"
That's more doable than I would think! Hrmmmmm... Now the Face has a secret weapon -DUN DUN DUUUUN-

baronspam

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <05-22-11/1413:56> »

I laughed untill everyone in the room stared at me like I had gone suddenly and totally insane.  The title of this thread alone is why I love this silly game.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <05-22-11/1423:04> »

:o...........+1 8)

Why just have showers that are golden? when they can also be fire-y!
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #22 on: <05-22-11/1809:04> »
"So you have a system that allows you to spit venom that blinds people and burns flesh, you can urinate flammable materials, what's next, high explosive scat?"  "Funny you should mention it..."  "WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE???"
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <05-22-11/1833:14> »
We here at Aperture science would like to remind you that science is our business, and business is good. ;D
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #24 on: <05-22-11/2011:45> »
personally if i'm gonna be using fire, i use an MGL with all but one of the magazine loaded with splash grenades full of LP (liquid propane) and the last round in the mag being WP
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <05-22-11/2019:48> »
personally if i'm gonna be using fire, i use an MGL with all but one of the magazine loaded with splash grenades full of LP (liquid propane) and the last round in the mag being WP
Now that, sounds like a good time. ;)
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #26 on: <05-23-11/0629:32> »
Remember to bring soydogs.
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #27 on: <05-23-11/1135:43> »
"So you have a system that allows you to spit venom that blinds people and burns flesh, you can urinate flammable materials, what's next, high explosive scat?"  "Funny you should mention it..."  "WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE???"
Kinda Sounds like the one guy from Schlock Mercenary.
Got a full on soldier boosting from combat nanites, turned him into a living explosives factory . .
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #28 on: <05-23-11/1348:54> »

I'm not sure about SR4 (just getting back into SR) but I can verify that CP2020 allowed for thermite shells to be fired from a breach-loading shotgun.

It would eventually ruin the barrels, and if you put them into a weapon with an action, it would fuze it shut...but they were Hell-on-wheels for CQB.

In my campaign, they were a favorite of the biggest, baddest "Prime Runner" on the block. Carried two sawed-off double-barrel 20ga shotguns that would simply burn the cold iron heart outta a full borg at point-blank ranges.

Good times...good times... :'(

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Morg

« Reply #29 on: <05-23-11/1511:19> »
The times where a Remington roomsweeper could do anything are past. A moment of silence please  :'(