NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4980 on: <05-10-17/0934:35> »
Thought you might all be interested in the 2075 Timeline I've been working on to try and keep vague track of where all the run events etc sit... might even make them hyperlinks one day!  I've picked a few canon events from the second tab that seem pertinent to 2075, make of that what you will  8)

<<2075 Timeline>>

Will add the link to the OP site too!
One of these days I need to read the other stories behind all this.

Still, for my next post I'd need the answers to those questions:
How long does it take the BS to go up and down? Also, is there a convenient place where Rick could turn him and Isaint invisible?
Because, provided we receive the feeds from what happens down there with the next trip, Isaint would definitely prefer they sneak past processing
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4981 on: <05-10-17/1010:25> »
Honestly no idea what a realistic speed would be to go down 800m and back up again, assuming the lifts swap that halves the time but still going to take a while! As to the invisible thing...it's a reasonable size lift but not that big when crammed in, perhaps as it arrives in the bay???
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4982 on: <05-10-17/1042:12> »
Alright, let's spitball a bit:
Moving 800m means a lot of pressure, so you can't move to fast if you don't want to stress your BS to much. The Trieste had a descent rate of 0,9m/s
Allowing for better materials, let's call it an even 1,5m/s. So the descent itself would take only about 9 Minutes (Let's say 10 for easy calculation)
Now, on the surface getting in and out is not much more complicated than using a normal ferry. So 5 minutes loading and unloading.
On the seafloor everything is more complicated and dangerous. You need to dock a convex shape to a concave one, seal it extremely tight and make sure everything is secure so as not to kill everyone in the aquacology. 20 Minutes for de- and re-embarkation seems fair.
So I'd say you need at least 45 minutes for a complete cycle, not to mention regular inspection of the craft top site.

So I'd say an hour later is a realistic prospect.

With two lifts that means Isaint and Rick arrive half an hour later.

Seems like we'll have to use the same broom cupboard/toilette as Al to do our vanishing act.
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #4983 on: <05-11-17/0708:50> »
@Aria - besides Mercy's matrix snooping...(!!!)

...as stated in the IC, Al will be listening to any comm traffic.

Also, this storeroom...does it happen to be the one with the crate?
I know my main factor in choosing it was proximity, but just wondering if I got lucky...

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4984 on: <05-11-17/0822:29> »
Al was born lucky, it's the only explanation for his continued and unlikely survival!!!  So yes, crate is in here, along with a few others. 

Mercy, the Host is Rt 10...in fact it's a copy of the underwater mining facility in Data Trails if you want to have a nosy at the stats!!  Although there's no separate admin host and the functions are different...

Iconography in VR is tropical island with glistening corp sculpture/towers, I gather you are breaking in via a connected device so to get marks you only need to worry about the low firewall etc...have a look around, avoid a few bits of Probe IC and I will pick it up from there :)

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4985 on: <05-11-17/1041:49> »
Robyn settles in and flexes her mental fingers as she looks around.  She has recently gone through a rather painful operation to have her deck upgraded and is ready to try it out here.  Hack on the Fly is her option for gaining the marks and she does it quite easily, using her exploit program to see the weakness of the firewall.  Once inside, she configures her icon to be one of the various workers she finds so as to remain anonymous.

I do not have time to write up the post but will try to do so and have Adamu post it for me later.
« Last Edit: <05-11-17/1043:25> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4986 on: <05-12-17/0132:59> »
Using a direct connection, I only need to defeat the device, which is DR3.. 

Robyn Hack on the Fly is 16d6:  Hack on the Fly: 16d6t5 4
Device defense is 6d6:  Device Resist Hack: 6d6t5 1

Three net hits gives a mark plus one bit of information, but she is not really interested in the device.

She is interested in getting a second mark on the Host and hacks the device again.

Robyn Hack on the Fly:  Hack on the Fly: 16d6t5 9
Device defense: Device Resist Hack: 6d6t5 4

Five net hits gives Robyn another mark and two more bits of information, but she is still not really interested in the device.

Robyn enters the Host.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4987 on: <05-12-17/0304:27> »
Just a little nitpicking:
Wrapper and running silent don't work with each other: If a matrix perception finds you running silent it will automatically pierce your wrapper.
Actually running silent could be a liability, since setting the search to look for silent running icons is a lot easier than to look for an icon that hasn't done anything illegal yet (although you should probably quickly do some innocent matrix actions, since you can also search for the last matrix action an icon performed)  ;)

talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4988 on: <05-12-17/0834:57> »
Using a direct connection, I only need to defeat the device, which is DR3.. 

Robyn Hack on the Fly is 16d6:  Hack on the Fly: 16d6t5 4
Device defense is 6d6:  Device Resist Hack: 6d6t5 1

Three net hits gives a mark plus one bit of information, but she is not really interested in the device.

She is interested in getting a second mark on the Host and hacks the device again.

Robyn Hack on the Fly:  Hack on the Fly: 16d6t5 9
Device defense: Device Resist Hack: 6d6t5 4

Five net hits gives Robyn another mark and two more bits of information, but she is still not really interested in the device.

Robyn enters the Host.
Can you keep a tally of your Overwatch Score please?  5 hits in a couple of actions and 40 suddenly doesn't seem all that far away, especially with 30mins of lurking while you wait for Isaint and Deckard!

So that you can all post over the weekend, feel free to meet up... Al is increasingly getting a sense of being watched, but surely that's just paranoia??  8)

You will have to tackle the two guards and the drones if you want to get out of the bay (shouldn't be much of a challenge)... after that I guess you ought to wait for my next GM reveal  :o ::) ;D

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4989 on: <05-15-17/1232:18> »
Yes, it's reared its ugly head, as you somehow knew it would  8)

You've found out a little earlier than I'd planned but can't argue with that assensing test  ::)  ...of course that won't be the only thing that's going on down here  ;D

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4990 on: <05-15-17/1248:04> »
Well it was either that or water bug spirits - and I don't know what would be worse. (But it's probably CFD - spirits can be punched)
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4991 on: <05-16-17/1233:54> »
@SFW: Ok a little railroady but want to keep things moving  :o ::) ;D

@SoP: Don't know how often you are all checking RPG but I've given the go to post an opening IC there if you want...mine is still in draft format so you'll have to wait to see that for a couple more days!  And yes, I know I said start in June, but it's fun writing it  ;D

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4992 on: <05-16-17/1553:54> »
Posted my introduction, but will have to edit it over time to make it more clear and readable.  ;D
talk think matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4993 on: <05-16-17/1622:33> »
So Isaint has destroyed two of the four drones, and don't forget the two sec guards just beyond them! Not that I anticipated this being much of a challenge  ::)

adamu

« Reply #4994 on: <05-16-17/1805:05> »
Dang - gotta be quick around here.

Summary of Al's action - more interested in taking out the guards - humans greater threat, and I don't want to kill them - they're honest working guys (CFD-screwed or not).
And since the new rules mean if I use my shotgun butt they will die, it's gotta be bare hands.
So I'll take advantage of the gap in the drone line created by Isaint to blow past the drones to the guards, attacking one.

I also hope that be getting on the other side of the drones from the rest of my team, they won't include me in their shots, and in fact might not anyway since I'll be mixed in with their friends the guards.

No stats provided for the guards, so I'll just show my rolls, Aria. (Anyway, if they'ed CFDed, they may be weirdly resilient....)

My initiative is 32.
Charging attack is 15 dice.
kick first guard in the nuts, then jab him in the eye as he doubles over: 15d6t5 6
Nice.
Base is 6S, which along with the likely net hits should get his attention.
EDIT - may be just a fluff description but don't want to give our dear GM an excuse - changed the IC from poking the guy in the eye to elbowing him in the nose - don't want any icky, nanite-infested eyeball juice under Al's tobacco-stained fingernails!
EDIT 2 - (sorry, was half asleep at keyboard when posting this last night) In addition to my Complex Action to attack the guy, I use a Free to Center and a Free to Call Shot on Vitals - I'll have to do my Voodoo Muttering, but that won't be any louder than my boots stomping towards him, and I haven't tried to factor any penalties on him for my invisibility anyway.
So still have 6 successes, but the base is now 8S.
« Last Edit: <05-17-17/0335:18> by adamu »