NEWS

UK Riots.

• 26 Replies

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« Reply #15 on: <08-10-11/1601:11> »
See what happens when you start issuing policemen firearms?
Just watch out for escalation
Read this morning on the HuffyPuffy that Cameron has approved the use of water cannons and Baton rounds.

That's not going to go well for anybody.  Took it straight from watching a social epidemic in progress ( a beautiful but terrifying social epidemic) to a "Watch out for the government, they're one crazy idea from going live on you guys".  Riots and social unrest are all well and good, but once the government starts promising to fire on the crowd, after the whole thing kicked off from them firing on a somebody///  This is going to go poorly for everybody.

Stay safe out there.  Head out to the countryside if you can.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #16 on: <08-10-11/1620:08> »
They shoot a guy who had an illegal firearm in a public area.
      In all fairness I really can't stand the IPCC, the general police corruption we see, or any of the rest of it. But we need time to get some of the facts of what happened. and armed police units (not your average bobby) are needed if we have illegal firearms in the country.
No arguments here on that part.

Another case of a lack of sarcasm font, is all.  England has major crime issues and the Government appears to be doing all the wrong things to deal with it.  :(
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #17 on: <08-10-11/1721:09> »
Well, it allready has it's own wiki entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Mark_Duggan
read for yourself.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

BSOD

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <08-10-11/1727:31> »
huh, everything on there seems to be accurate.

Wikipedia really is improving.

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« Reply #19 on: <08-10-11/1747:39> »
Why on Earth is that article being considered for deletion?  It looks to me like they've got all of everybody's claims listed in there.

I got a theory, but it's political and I'm trying my hardest to keep my politics on the HuffyPuffy instead of here on this (even though HPUK has a pretty restrictive censorship policy).
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <08-10-11/1801:23> »
Anybody figure out yet, why POLICEMEN are the only ones who are allowed to hide their faces in this kind of situation?
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

BSOD

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <08-10-11/1810:51> »
Realistically there isn't even any reason for them to do it, since their legally required to have their numbers (the one on their uniforms shoulder) on display at all times. That way you have a unique identifier if you need to complain.

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <08-10-11/1816:37> »
Aside from them swapping their numbers with members in other teams so they can say:"no, wasn't me, i was way over there!"
Also, try and get one such number . . usually, you are either busy running or busy getting beaten to the ground because you were not running.

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <08-10-11/1822:25> »
Aside from them swapping their numbers with members in other teams so they can say:"no, wasn't me, i was way over there!"
Also, try and get one such number . . usually, you are either busy running or busy getting beaten to the ground because you were not running.

Let's reel this in please

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <08-10-11/1858:07> »
I have family on the Police Side and i am usually on the Demonstrator/Protestor side . .
I speak from experience i am afraid <.<

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #25 on: <08-10-11/1922:27> »
Anybody figure out yet, why POLICEMEN are the only ones who are allowed to hide their faces in this kind of situation?
Same reason it's legal for cops in some US states to record an event on the side of a public road by concealed dashboard camera, but if a civilian tries to record the event with an obvious camera without explicit written permission from all parties, they're suddenly looking at Federal Offenses of the Wiretapping Laws.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <08-10-11/1922:56> »
Well I can understand that being rough