NEWS

PC's famous Last words...

• 37 Replies

Liber Hazen

• Newb
  • Hacker
« on: <09-16-10/1132:27> »
I ran with a group where the GM had a list of things said by a character before they passed on to the other side. It was funny and I would love to see something like that for Shadowrun. I haven't been keeping a list so I don't have anything to add at the moment. Things that you post should be like the following...

Nightshade (Mage) - "Should I really summon this Fire elemental inside a gas station? Oh well you only live once." Nightshade died as the entire gas station exploded in a petrol fueled fireball.

Please share some of your Player Characters humurous (Darwinian) final moments  8)
« Last Edit: <09-16-10/1136:01> by Liber »
SR1+SR2+SR4+BT

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <09-16-10/1356:41> »
Not shadowrun, but we have some good ones.

I think my ex's druid getting killed by a bear trap was just... worthy. XD

The senile, totally batshit crazy, old wizard that was FOR SOME DAMNED REASON up front sucking two fireballs in rapid succession. (One in the surprise round, the first round of combat the enemy sorceress went first for init and cast it again).

OH! And my fighter. DM rolled a 1 on the percentile table of random encounters so it was just ONE big ass rat. One. Not even a dire rat. Not one rat swarm. Just one really big rat. I come up first for initiative and decide to be a punk and just punt the thing.

Four natural ones later from three different players, and I'm on my back, dead, and slightly singed with my buddy's axe in my forehead, and the rat is running for its life laughing it's scruffy little ass off.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

The Doomed One

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <09-16-10/1601:53> »
The senile, totally batshit crazy, old wizard that was FOR SOME DAMNED REASON up front sucking two fireballs in rapid succession. (One in the surprise round, the first round of combat the enemy sorceress went first for init and cast it again).
Hey that doesn't count...
he got resurrected

also she was also a vampire.

and those were her only fifth level spells
Pie > Cake

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <09-16-10/1651:12> »
he got resurrected

Oh it still counts. ESPECIALLY since they weren't her most powerful spells. Damn vampiress.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

The Doomed One

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <09-16-10/1658:16> »
he got resurrected

Oh it still counts. ESPECIALLY since they weren't her most powerful spells. Damn vampiress.
Still got that around somewhere so i will check.  So apparently her highest level spell was Greater invisibility, which, if I remember correctly I forgot about it.  I also forgot that fireball was a third level spell.  Also you bunched up so nicely on the top of that tower.
Pie > Cake

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <09-16-10/1705:29> »
Again, not Shadowrun, but a player in my Forgotten Realms campaign a few years back.

Being chased by a dust devil in some ruins, the character turns the corner and sees some stairs leading into darkness. Wanting to put as much distance as possible between him and the dust devil, he tells me he runs for the stairs and jumps down...

... right past the edge of the stairs where they fell off into the 100' cavern below.

Moral of the story? Yep - "Look before you leap." :D

Liber Hazen

• Newb
  • Hacker
« Reply #6 on: <09-16-10/1714:32> »
@chaoticxinsane That counts. If the character died then it counts :)

@FastJack. That is exactly the type of thing I was talking about. My old D&D GM had pages of those types of stories. We would crack up reading about other characters last moments.
SR1+SR2+SR4+BT

Welshman

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <09-16-10/1725:58> »
"You can never have to much explosives"

This said by the Combat Engineer just before he rolled his skill dice, and then rerolled four sixes (this was under SR1 or 2 when you did that), then rerolled three sixes, then rerolled three sixes, then rerolled two, then one, then one, then one.

The house went boom, the gas main went boom, every gas main on the block went boom, every house on the block went boom.
The Welshman
Catalyst Freelancer

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <09-16-10/1840:43> »
"There's something behind me, isn't there?"

"Hey, you've got a red dot on your head."

"Come on. It will be funny!"

"I ain't payin'. You cheated!"

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <09-16-10/1859:59> »
From a shadowrun game  "You are throwing the gernade where? You know we will be in the blast radius."

"Only the edge of it we'll be fine."

The 1st character died in the ensuing blast
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

Wayfinder

• Newb
  • fraggin fragged frag
« Reply #10 on: <09-17-10/0023:00> »
Annoying player wouldn't stop shooting at the Johnson with miracle shooter and making the noise "pew pew". Before the Johnson left he leaned over the table and whispered in the players ear "Beware the grey hound"

Next scene meeting with the sketchy chiphead that had intel on the run. Same player shooting him with miracle shooter (again "pew pew"). Right before the chippy gets spooked and runs from the invisible brain gun of the player he yells "Beware the grey hound"

Stopping at the bar for a drink and to catch up on gossip the bartender. Player begins to shoot everyone in the bar (pew pew pew).
All noise stops in the bar and everyone hears "HONK HONK"

Just then a bus plows through the wall of bar directly into said player

It was ,of course, a "Grey Hound"

Tex Muldoon

• Newb
  • Just squeeezzee the trigger?
« Reply #11 on: <09-17-10/0208:57> »
If I am going out. I am going out blazing.
Right before dying without firing a single shot.

Gun bunny right before he died.

"You don't shoot til the can hits the ground" Snake Pliskin

Kubz

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <09-25-10/0113:57> »
Not shadowrun, but we have some good ones.

I think my ex's druid getting killed by a bear trap was just... worthy. XD

OH! And my fighter. DM rolled a 1 on the percentile table of random encounters so it was just ONE big ass rat. One. Not even a dire rat. Not one rat swarm. Just one really big rat. I come up first for initiative and decide to be a punk and just punt the thing.

Four natural ones later from three different players, and I'm on my back, dead, and slightly singed with my buddy's axe in my forehead, and the rat is running for its life laughing it's scruffy little ass off.

Awesome... just awesome...
People are like slinkys.  They are a lot of fun to watch fall down stairs.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #13 on: <09-25-10/1256:51> »
Buddy of mine from a Vampire: The Masquerade, who was playing a 13th gen, almost brand spaking new Malkavian (sp?) to a rank 4 Get of Fenris Aroun (sp?) said "Look Furface, I dont care WHAT you said, the girl is coming with US!" (complete with finge poke to chest)

Next round: Him=RAGE, RIP, CHOMP, chew-chew-chew, spit, *looks at us*, GRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr *evil look*. US= RUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

In Shadowrun: Im a combat mage and we are about to be overrun by a gaggle of ghouls in an collapsed subway tunnel (2nd ed). "OK, don't let me hit my head" *Casts HELLBLAST* (rating 10, my magic rating a mere 7.) BOOOMMMWHOOOOSH!!!!!, *FRY* Ghoul SCREEECH, *collapse* party saved, but me failed my drain...dead.  :'(

Star Wars (d6). Quixotic Jedi (in his one TRUE moment of actual force use) "Wait, I *beams*feel a distubance in the force, right...here?" *just as the bounty hunter throws a thermal detonator among the party....* (we ALL failed our perception rolls.)  :P
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Lord Scythican

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <09-25-10/1315:11> »
"Alright Tarrasque, there is no way you can survive the sting of my Vorpal Weapon!" Circa 1992