NEWS

Stats for SWAT?

• 2 Replies

brasso

• Omae
« on: <02-22-18/0747:33> »
I've gone for Elite Corporate Security ( p. 384, SR5), but just wondering what you guys use for such? Is there any canon on this? TIA!
The system we learn says we're equal under law
But the streets are reality, the weak and poor will fall

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #1 on: <02-22-18/1023:10> »
Bloody Business (p.159) has 5E stats for a SWAT team member.

SunRunner

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <02-23-18/0929:13> »
A trick I use as a GM is to use opposition Dice pools. Basically I decide what Threat/Professional rating I want the bad guys to be just give them Dice pools for Primary functions at rating x3 and secondary functions at Rx2 and defaults/random stuff at rating or rating -1.

So example lets say we have the runners run into some corp sec. Well if its just plain old corp sec I generally peg them as Rating 3 and maybe the Sergeant at rating 4.

This means for things they should be good at like shooting their gun, swinging stun batons etc. they have a dice pool or R3 x 3 = 9 dice.
Things they should know how to do like Perception and running they will get R3 x2 = 6 Dice.
Thing they might know how to do R3 = 3 Dice or 2 Dice if I think they are defaulting.

Initiative I go with Rating x2 +1d6 for R3/4 +2d6 for R5/6 and temper with common sense i.e. the Rating 6 research scientist they are hostile extracting is not gonna have an initiative of 12+3d6 he does not fight for a living or even think he ever will so I would back him down to like 6+1d6

After that all you have to do is decide what equipment they have and its not too hard to figure things out from there.

I only actually spend time building Big bads and recurring opponents like the Knight Errant detective that is hunting them and stuff like that.