Shadowrun General > General Discussion

An update on SR6e DriveThruRPG ratings

<< < (38/38)

skalchemist:

--- Quote from: The Tekwych on ---Starfonder 1e
--- End quote ---
STARFONDER!  The new romantic game of love in a time of space opera from Paizo.  Get your copy now!

;D

penllawen:

--- Quote from: penllawen on ---
--- Quote from: penllawen on ---
   Position      Title      Score      Number of ratings      Release date      Sales award   

2      Shadowrun, Sixth World Core Rulebook      2.8/5      34      August 26, 2019      Platinum (Tier 5 - 1000-2000)   
--- End quote ---

A small update, a few months later:

Position      Title      Score      Number of ratings      Release date      Sales award      3      Shadowrun: Cutting Black      3.5/5      4      January 17, 2020      Silver (Tier 2 - 100-250)      60      Shadowrun: Free Seattle      4.0/5      1      December 11, 2019      Silver (Tier 2 - 100-250)      71      Shadowrun, Sixth World Core Rulebook      2.7/5      46      August 26, 2019      Platinum (Tier 5 - 1000-2000)   
It's notable that the sales tier award hasn't moved. If this post is accurate, this implies SR6 CRB is selling fewer than nine copies per day, on average (<1000 sales in 116 days.)

--- End quote ---
Another update for you below, expanded to include all the main 6e books:
   Position      Title      Score      #ratings      Release date      Sales award      2      Firing Squad      1.0/5      2      2020/05/26      Silver (Tier 2 - 100-250)      N/A      6e CRB      2.6/5      49      2019/08/26      Platinum (Tier 5 - 1000-2000)      N/A      Free Seattle      4.0/5      1      2019/12/11      Electrum (Tier 3 - 250-500)      N/A      30 Nights      3.0/5      2      2020/03/04      Electrum (Tier 3 - 250-500)      N/A      Cutting Black      3.6/5      9      2020/01/17      Electrum (Tier 3 - 250-500)   
(Position refers to the title's current place in the top 100 on DTRPG, as of the day of this post. "N/A" means it was not inside the top 100.)

* In the last 8.5 months, the 6e CRB has garnered fewer than 1000 sales on DTRPG.
* In the last 4.5 months, it has received three reviews/ratings, reducing its average score from 2.7 to 2.6.
* Free Seattle appears to have sold fewer than 400 copies on DTRPG in the last 4.5 months.

Tecumseh:
Thanks for the update. This is interesting. I hadn't realized that sales awards were public.

I'll note that the German version of the 6E core rulebook also has a Platinum award (same as English), and the score is 4.6/5 across 12 reviews. Does anyone know if the rules are materially different? Presumably the editing was tightened up during translation.

I wonder how frequently the Top 100 rankings are updated. Evidently a Silver award (100-249) will earn you the #2 position across two weeks (Firing Squad's release date of May 28th to June 8th, today).

penllawen:

--- Quote from: Tecumseh on ---I hadn't realized that sales awards were public.
--- End quote ---
Caveat: the "metal tiers" part is public but the corresponding number of sales is not. For that, I am relying on this post from an insider. There's no obvious reason to disbelieve that source, and when I googled it last year I found a couple of corroborating sources, but still: take it with a grain of salt.

--- Quote ---I'll note that the German version of the 6E core rulebook also has a Platinum award (same as English), and the score is 4.6/5 across 12 reviews. Does anyone know if the rules are materially different? Presumably the editing was tightened up during translation.
--- End quote ---
There's a detailed thread somewhere on reddit comparing them (look for u/D4rvill). The rules aren't significantly different, I'd say, but they were (apparently) clearer on some points. I'd also argue Pegasus enjoys a much better reputation than Catalyst does, and probably gets more benefit of the doubt as a result.

--- Quote ---I wonder how frequently the Top 100 rankings are updated. Evidently a Silver award (100-249) will earn you the #2 position across two weeks (Firing Squad's release date of May 28th to June 8th, today).

--- End quote ---
I haven't been able to work that out. I think it changes quite frequently, daily or every few days. But it could be calculated on a longer time period's worth of sales; a sort of moving average, if you will.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version