NEWS

Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]

• 2279 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #570 on: <09-27-15/0438:18> »
You use the chaos and make your way down the stair case. The prisoners personal item archive is protected by two knights in full body armor that casually urge you to join the evacuation line.
« Last Edit: <09-27-15/0443:12> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #571 on: <09-27-15/0448:12> »
[spoiler]
Wait what?
You use the chaos and make your way down the stair case. The prisoners personal item archive is protected by two knights in full body armor that casually urge you to join the evacuation line.
@Kynos and Athos when you finally get out there is some low red light. You can hear large explosions from within the cells. They go off like popcorn, you are in the third and last floor and you can see the knights taking people out of their cells from the first floor and trying to get them in line for evacuation. Many people are running around either to empty the first floor cells or to try and locate the attackers. Your equipment lies in a small room at the first door just by the main entrance. For the moment nobody seems to be on your floor not free at least, but you can hear some of the less physical prisoners hopelessly trying to break out of the doors. Ramming them with all they have.

Is our equipment protected or not?

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #572 on: <09-27-15/0453:46> »
[spoiler]You started at the third floor, there are no knights there.  The KE are evacuating the first floor and the personal items repository is on the first floor by the entrance to the building it is protected by two knights. [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-27-15/0457:41> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #573 on: <09-27-15/0600:50> »
"Well, sure, let me just grab my stuff..."
Before Kynos had ended that sentence his fist swung with all the strength he could muster into the man's abdomen, just where the keramic plates of his armor met.

[spoiler]
Surprise Unarmed strike (vitals shot)
Strike the cop: 12d6t5 2

11 P AP 0 +2 Successes

Initative: Ini: 15+2d6 18

Preemtive Dodge Ini -5

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #574 on: <09-27-15/0647:40> »
The alert and well trained guard is not surprised by your attempt. They move with speed of augmented reflexes and respond with baton raise.

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #575 on: <09-27-15/0940:51> »
To say that the past few hours have been challenging is an understatement, but at least Nagisa is still here and willing to listen.

And ask questions.

Lots of questions.

But M seems content to answer every one in detail and despite my best friends's heroic efforts to find inconsistencies, Nagisa seems more frustrated that it keeps adding up than anxious about being under Strawberry's apparently considerable power. I know Nagi better than anyone.  When she senses there's something hidden, she'll stop at nothing to find it.  Her instincts are rarely wrong.  But when they are, it can be challenging because you can never prove a negative.  She'll just keep looking until she works herself sick over it.

Despite her initial doubtful looks at the food, once she takes a bite of the delicious omelette (with real eggs and cheese) she digs in with enthusiasm.  Still, between bites, she's still asking how they manage it all, asking questions that likely will keep us here all day answering...if not longer.  in the meantime, Athos is who knows where and I'm getting no closer to the answer of who wants us dead.

"Nagi," I say once I'm done eating what little I needed to be sated.  Nagisa is much larger than me and also tends to eat slower, so she's still attacking some sliced apples when I speak.  "How about we let your worries about Strawberry simmer a bit while we go take a look at the remains of the warehouse to see if you can find any clues the rest of us missed?  Also, I'm really interested to find out what you can come up with in the 'trix on the clinic you sniffed out before things went boom."
« Last Edit: <09-27-15/1050:54> by Shaman_Yuri »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #576 on: <09-27-15/1044:43> »
Nagisa say "Fine, I will have no more of it. This apartment is much better than my previous room and the food is better..." In a bit of sarcasm "and perhaps I can bang that ginger too" Yes she is not completely over that night, but the food and the temptation of a shower and some fresh clothes seems to make her just a little less knowledgeable and more receptive.
"Can't wait to get to work she say? well there is no signal now and they seem to worked hard to conceal the origin but I know nothing more than where that trigger was sent from, and it was no burner device but a state of the art one with some serious firewall. I am heading to shower I really need to wash that night from my skin. We can check up things afterwards... " She smiles as you as she strip her clothes and leaves them on the floor behind her as she enters the shower.

« Last Edit: <09-27-15/1104:23> by gilga »

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #577 on: <09-27-15/1056:37> »
I know that look.  Once she's out of sight I follow suit.  When she's had a chance to soak herself for a few minutes alone, I slip in behind her.  "Need someone to wash your back?" I say with a grin as my impish tail has already made itself known by wrapping around me and rubbing Nagisa's dripping derriere.  Over the next half hour I do my best to show Nagisa just how much I still appreciate her beauty.  Now reacquainted with each other's pleasures, clean, and Nagisa in new clothes, we make out way out of the apartment to find our way out and to the site of the former warehouse.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #578 on: <09-27-15/1108:43> »
Athos nods, turning to whisper to his companion that he has a grenade that can be used to start things off when Kynos takes care of the situation.  He raises his hands in mock surrender and then swings a mighty punch at what he hopes is the back of one of the guards as the KE thug swings at Kynos.

[spoiler]Initiative  Initiative: 13+2d6 22  Pretty good roll.

Pre edge a swing at the guard.  Swing at a KE guard with edge for second chance: 19d6t5 9 And edge for misses and no limit  Edge for misses: 10d6t5 3  So 12 hits total..  Damage is 10P + net hits. Hopefully this was at the guard focused on Kynos and he might not expect it.[/spoiler]

There is a solid crunch as Athos's mighty fist connects with the armored thug. 

"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #579 on: <09-27-15/1213:30> »
Athos's first strike left the guard standing but the second one tossed him over as if he was nothing more than a rug doll. In the meanwhile, the guard and kynos exchange hits but none of them seems to be able to make a hit.

[spoiler]
The first initiative round is over. 
This is now the two of you against a guard.

[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #580 on: <09-27-15/1216:56> »
[spoiler]
Dodge the cop: 23d6t5 6 [23d6t5=1, 3, 3, 1, 2, 4, 1, 6, 6, 4, 1, 3, 6, 6, 2, 1, 5, 2, 2, 1, 5, 3, 2]

Attacking Guard 1:
strike Cop #1 (Vitals): 12d6t5 4 [12d6t5=1, 2, 5, 2, 2, 3, 1, 1, 5, 2, 5, 6]

11 P AP 0 -1 to defense (second attack)

[/spoiler]

Kynos dropped into a fighting stance, narrowly avoiding being electrocuted.
Instead of hitting the guard expecting it, he used the back swing of his elbow to hit the guard fighting Athos in the neck.
« Last Edit: <09-27-15/1229:56> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #581 on: <09-27-15/1224:44> »
@Minnie, As you and Nagisa are about to exist M approaches you and say:

"Nagisa, please do not leave the compound it is for your own safety. When you are rested we'll go over how you should behave and act."

Nagisa mumbles for herself and just leaves furious. "So I can't even go out! nice life these are going to be!" She storms back into her apartment cursing to herself.

M tells you "She will be alright. I will talk to her when she cools off.  it is a big transition for her. There was something I wanted to talk to you about, can you spare me a few minutes of your time?"

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #582 on: <09-27-15/1236:01> »
What the?  But...but...I went out just yesterday!  What's changed?

But I say none of it, at least not now.  My body language must show some of my anxiety, though, since I can feel my tail around me.  "Um...okay..." is all I can get out as I wonder what is happening.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #583 on: <09-27-15/1247:23> »
"Yulia... listen we took a great risk for you yesterday. You have to understand, Strawberry is not well and it is my job to protect her until she gets better. You are free to visit and talk to her but consider that fact before further involving her in your affairs.

We do not normally do extractions and magical masks. We are also not hiding people from the Mafia. I know she is only trying to help, but she can no longer understand the risks she takes. If I feel that you abuse her, I will do what I need to protect her."

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #584 on: <09-27-15/1258:33> »
M's concern comes as a surprise to me, but on reflection makes some sense.  Still...

"M, it's Strawberry who agreed to the change of territories.  That and the wiring of the warehouse with explosives happened before I ever knew about this place.  Whatever you do with us, the fact there's a smoking warehouse out there and the accusations of what happened there will bring a lot of attention here.  If we can't sort out what happened, you may end up ground zero in a war between the Yak and the Mafia.  Is that going to be easier to handle?"