NEWS

Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]

• 2279 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #390 on: <09-11-15/1124:13> »
@IT sighs, "I give you this comlink number, but only call it if you are in some serious shit. These calls can be traced and I'll appreciate it if you continue to access me through Ryan if it is not urgent."

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #391 on: <09-11-15/1135:41> »
"Deal. Nice talking to you. I'll let you know when I find something."
Kynos gave way at the door and ignored the disgruntled and by now almost panicky restaurant patron running for the next free stall. 

Back at their table he said: "Good news, we can close up for today. Call your limo, I've got to go."
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #392 on: <09-11-15/1140:15> »
@Kynos Dhalia pays for both of you and before she enters her limo she ask you "Are you sure you do not want to join me?"
[spoiler]
I assume reading your character right that kynos won't join her, so feel free to write her off as leaving the scene.
[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #393 on: <09-11-15/1222:40> »
"Thanks for the offer, but I've got a job to do. May be another time."
Kynos smiled uncharacteristically before he went to his bike and drove off.

He made a call to Athos: <<I met the contact. Seems like we have to go talk to the Red Hot Nukes about that exploding warehouse. Specifically to the dwarf that accompanied me. I'll give him a another chance to talk to me, otherwise we might have to come to him.
By the way, it seems as if Venom could be involved in that part too: He was responsible for stashing the rockets at the warehouse. My instinct tells me that there's more.>>
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #394 on: <09-11-15/2154:19> »
Athos sends a response back to Kynos.  >>Good job.  I hope that you enjoyed the company.  Dahlia is usually a pleasure to be with.  Do you need any assistance in what you are doing or are you good going solo?<<
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #395 on: <09-12-15/0132:13> »
I had thought I understood politics.  After all, I'd had politicians, judges, and various other officials as clients for years.  They loved to talk, and I was happy to listen given talkers generally treated me better.  But listening to Jimmy it was clear that politics was a lot harder than it looked.

Which makes sense, I guess.  How many times had Nagisa and I gotten in fights when she suggested that, except for the violent ones, I had it easier.  "All you have to do it lie down," she'd say.  At least earlier on.  It infuriated me.  Prostitution is hard work, dammit.  At least when you take gold and platinum clients.  You have to learn what each client likes and create a fantasy for them while they are with you.  Wall off their real world life and for however many hours give them unhindered pleasure.  Make them the center of the universe.

It took skill.  Research and study.  Years of practice.

Here I thought politics was just standing up and speaking your mind.  Yeah, I knew there was intrigue, but what Jimmy described sounds...

Is this what love feels like?

Damn, my life is getting so  complicated.  What do I say to this?

"Jimmy," I start hesitantly, feeling certain I'd say the wrong thing again, "I've never met anyone like you.  And that's a good thing!" I add reassuringly when his face falls again.  "I admire you maybe more than anyone...well anyone our age.

"There's a lot you don't know about me, Jimmy.  A lot you may not like when you find out.  A lot...that might not help your career.  I've been so worried about you getting hurt physically by being around me that I never even thought about the politics.  I think before you're seen with me I need to tell you how a girl like me, someone different like I am, managed to survive this long.  It's not a pretty story, and now isn't the time for it."

I take a deep breath and continue before Jimmy can respond.  "If I contact Michael, I'll stand with him myself although the idea terrifies me.  Even if you're not up there with me, I know you'll be with me in sprit.  That will have to do.  And Jimmy, I do like you."  I lean forward and give the boy a very quick peck on the lips before standing back again.  "A lot.  You're the only boy I can imagine myself with.  But I think we need to take this one step at a time so we can make sure I don't ruin your dreams.  Seeing those dreams die, and knowing I killed them, would break my heart."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #396 on: <09-12-15/0427:47> »
@Minnie Jimmy elegantly turns his head as you approach for a peck "Not like this... I want it to be real if it happens." He say, "You may forget it, but you look and feel completely different. "
He looks at you,  "Michael have also suggested that I work for him, he likes the way I talk. The thing is, I am not a little boy I am a young adult and despite not having to 'survive' and having a safe and secure life,  I want your love and friendship rather than just your protection." He sighs "What ever it is you have been through... First be safe, this is the most important thing. We can talk about it when you sort these things. Do not worry about my career, these are my decisions to make."

« Last Edit: <09-12-15/0432:06> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #397 on: <09-12-15/0448:36> »
<<Athos: Honestly, I'm totally out of my dept here. I'm not an investigator, I'm an executor. My kind of diplomacy only works if I am allowed to cut a swath of devastation - and even I can see that you would not appreciate that kind of attention at this moment - or ever.
So I'd say lets meet up, so I can relay in detail what I learned. Until then I'll start a last attempt to reach the demolitions guy.>>

Kynos had only a general knowledge where the Red Hot Nukes were holed up, but he headed in that direction anyway.
Again he called DemoX number, knowing full well, that he would reach only the 'secretary':
<<I know, I know. DemoX is in hiding. But this is super important if he intends to get out of hiding anytime in the next years. Just have someone with two burners go somewhere and put he mouth and earpieces against each other or something. In this day and age you can't tell me that you can't manage a secure connection.
Anyway we both need this information exchange and I will get it done one way or another.>>
« Last Edit: <09-12-15/0451:51> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #398 on: <09-12-15/0514:37> »
Athos has been sorting the new gear and checking everything out, especially the weapons.  They were disassembled and cleaned, with special attention paid to the firing pins.  The new assault rifle is a beauty and Athos lavishes care on it.  He is almost finished when the message comes in from Kynos.  >>Sure.  Where do you want me to meet you?  And will there be a chance of trouble?<<
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #399 on: <09-12-15/0853:55> »
@Kynos - Geraled  texts you back >>Whats in it for me? This is what you'll need to answer if you want to access DemoX.  You can meet meet me at the following address. (they are north of toristville - in the areas that people are currently evacuating.)

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #400 on: <09-12-15/0936:15> »
Be safe, he says.  Easier said than done.  Still, to have someone...a human male...so concerned about me.  I never really imagined it.

"I'll do my best, Jimmy," I promise.  "We've got to clear Dame Valentina's name with the Yak and uncover whoever conspired to set us up, though.  I can't promise how things will turn out."  I meet Jimmy's eyes to be sure he knows the next is directed at him.  "I just know I have a lot to live for right now."

My eyes now do another scan of the area in all my sights just to be sure nothing had changed since my last review of the surroundings.  I couldn't be too careful with Jimmy's life.  No matter what he might say, while he was brilliant in the light, the shadows are my home.  Who knows, maybe that's the basis of a life.  He shines with the light of his righteous sun and I keep the darkness from extinguishing his flame.  The idea certainly jives with all the books I've read.  My own flame for the boy burns brighter at the thought.

I definitely have to keep us both alive through this.

"I think it;s best that I get moving.  The more I stay in one place the better chance there is of someone seeing through my mask.  And I think we both know I best stay away from you until this mess gets sorted out."  I look back up at him.  "Thank you again for trusting in me and for giving me your advice.  It means the world to me to know I have a friend...maybe more...no matter what.  As much as I am scared to death to tell you the drek I've lived through, I'm even more scared not to.  We'll get through this and have that talk."  I smile shyly.  "And maybe we can even try again with that kiss."

After a few moments more just staring into each other's eyes, I turn away and quickly make my way several blocks to where the neighborhood changes to a little strip mall anchored by a stuffer shack.  I manage to hail another little taxi and ask to be taken back to Strawberry's place.  On the way, I have a lot to think about.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #401 on: <09-12-15/1151:22> »
@Minnie, You arrive at Strawberry's it is a bit early About 15:30 and you still have a few hours to kill. Lunch have already finished and the place is mostly empty. The bartender, a man in his forties eyes you as you enters and asks "Would you like a drink? There is also the room upstairs that still waiting for you. If you wish to rest"

« Last Edit: <09-12-15/1213:58> by gilga »

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #402 on: <09-12-15/1205:19> »
The past day has been a blur.  Sleep last night was interrupted by Nagisa's message, a massage I have yet to respond to.  Thinking about my girlfriend makes me anxious, but I realize  will be of no use to anyone if I am not rested.  I'm far more tired than hungry at the moment so I read upstairs to catch a little sleep before my next new experience.

A ritual spell.

As an adept i really have little idea of how magic actually works.  It just IS for me.  This will be my first experience with real spellcasting.  And on top of it, I need to compose some rational message to send to Nagisa in her dreams.  The idea overwhelms me and i hope a little sleep will help clarify things.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #403 on: <09-12-15/1402:09> »
@Athos Roxxy texts you
>> That "Drone" that Artie sent me, it is electronic. ELECTRONIC as in 50 years ago technology, previous generation matrix technology and it is fully functional and appears to be some kind of a relay station in sophisticated blend of modern wireless technology with previous matrix design. It is pretty neat actually - and it exposed to me a completely parallel matrix that is completely inaccessible with modern fiber optics equipment.

I afraid there is not much more I can do with this device other than make it some kind of primitive com-link for that other matrix. There is no continues signal all over the city but it is especially dense in Bellevue and in the parts of the Barrens that border it. Where did you find this stuff?
Oh and you owe me 1,500 nuyen.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #404 on: <09-12-15/1553:32> »
@Minnie you wake up at about 18:50 to a very pleasant voice. “Yulia... we should get going.” She gives you a bit to prepare and then grabs your hand and gently walk you to her home, not very far from the Joke. It is a cave, but very stylish a bit hobbit style. Rather than cold and dark. There is no way to dig such a cave inside a thick forest and the trees seem quite old it is safe to assume that her home was mainly generated with magic.

You are surprised to meet someone that look just like her, that is cooking dinner. Both of them are even wearing that same unusual dress that you spotted her the other time only that tonight the colors are different. Reds and oranges that gives their body the illusion that it is on fire.
Strawberry say “Meet Strawberry, she is my ally spirit. I had to also take her name after the Yakuza decided to go head to head with me, if they do not believe that i can be killed - no body assassinate me.” She giggles slightly.  Obviously a bit nervous with the revelation.

The other Strawberry smiles at you happily and say “Call me M, so that there is no confusion, I will help with the ritual tonight and I am also cooking” Although M look exactly like Strawberry, her voice is normal, it is very attractive and perfectly pitched but it does not have that strong emotional effect on the listener. “Are you joining us for dinner? I made pancakes”
« Last Edit: <09-12-15/1556:25> by gilga »