NEWS

Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]

• 2279 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #315 on: <09-06-15/1719:21> »
"That should tell you more about yourself than about me. Let me tell you one thing: Life is empty. There is no rhyme or reason. Everything that happens is just a function of the laws of physics. There is nothing - nothing but the Illusion of sense, created by a biological computer that far exceeded his original programming of ensuring survival and propagation of the species.

Accept it and the fear will go away. Life is devoid of meaning - things just happen."

Kynos had spoken without emotion, fixing Officer Max with a piercing gaze.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #316 on: <09-06-15/1735:53> »
Officer Max, listens, she seem to be convinced. There is a lot of empathy in these eyes. She say:
“Everything you say may be true, Rabi Nachman teaches us exactly that. Life is meaningless, god makes no sense and we understand nothing. Anyone that promise you anything lies. There are only two options for the brave people that can see the world for what it really is:

Either you choose to be happy, to worship without reason and give yourself fully to god. Be emotional and embrace life -  not because it is going to change the world or give you some metaphysical reward after death.  Just because this is what you really need to be happy.

Or you can embrace rationalism and with rationalism comes despair. That way is just as true, but it makes you feel dead inside - and nothing but faith can fill this void. So I agree with anything that you say, there is nothing in life, nothing at all.

But nevertheless I choose to be happy. I thought I was strong with this life path, but to tell you the truth, I still feel strongly about this mission and sometimes wonder how life could have gone differently if I was less fearless and more sensible when I was young and stupid."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #317 on: <09-06-15/2041:52> »
Athos nods, "So the Yakuza did all the renovations to the warehouse?"

Strawberry say  -"Someone did... I have no idea who it was. But yes, there was some
 work performed on the warehouse recently and nobody seemed to treat it as something alarming."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #318 on: <09-06-15/2137:03> »
Athos nods and picks up his commlink.  >>Ando-san.  This is Athos.  I have something for you to think about.  There is no way that this assassination attempt was planned and executed in a short time.  It was too sophisticated to be a runner doing it over night.  Can you tell me what company was doing the remodeling in preparation of the sale?<<  He hangs up and looks at the Keeb.  "So when can you do the masking, Miss Strawberry?  We do need to be off to see some people.  Where do you need Yulia to be at what time this evening?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #319 on: <09-07-15/0124:57> »
@Minnie and Athos - Strawberry tells you "I already did a short while ago", there is nothing that hints about it. Athos still sees himself the same. When he turns to Minnie she looks like a teenage girl. Slightly younger than herself.  When Minnie looks at Athos she sees a well groomed and human looking orc, a young one and  a real pretty boy! The kind she could see herself running away with, if she really was a teenage girl.

[spoiler]
Just in case you get into troubles with these masks. First one is Athos second Minnie.
Physical mass: 2#18d6t5 4 8
[/spoiler]

@Athos - Mr Andu texts you >> It was a private constructor Digital Security Solutions. We had to replace the lock on the door and decided to go with a complete anti theft solution. Order number #000157493 if you want to contact them.

« Last Edit: <09-07-15/0129:34> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #320 on: <09-07-15/0145:20> »
Athos is surprised when he looks at Minnie.  "So I see myself unchanged and Yulia changed.  What do I look like, Yulia?"  He turns to the Elf.  "Thank you, Miss Strawberry.  And I understand that we can drop the masks when we wish, is that correct?  We should be off so let us know when and where to be for the ritual and we will leave here.  You have been far more than kind."

On the way down the stairs, Athos looks over at Minnie.  "I think we need to go see Jimmy and this runner.  Do you feel up to doing Jimmy solo while I go see this man or do you need back up?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #321 on: <09-07-15/0239:13> »
"But you were right to be fearless. Because it did not matter.
If I were a time traveler from 1000 years in the future, everyone from today is dead and has been for close to a millennium. I see nobody shedding tears for those who died a 1000 years ago. But they were no less brave people with hopes and dreams.
And I tell you why not: We care because we think our lives are special and those other we did not know were not really alive - at least not alive enough to be worth shedding tears for their deaths.
And we are right to do so - we can't mourn everyone. The dead outnumber the living so vastly - and being unhappy about it won't bring them back.

So yes, be happy. They are dead and gone - no matter if it happened a 1000 years or two seconds ago.
So yes, be angry. You are alive and anger needs a beating heart.
But don't expect me to reciprocate. You are arguing with less than 65% flesh. The army took it and gave me chrome and silicon. I lost my fear along the way, as well as faith and most of my anger..."

Kynos relaxed.

"So are we done here? Debating philosophy is fun and all, but I too have to earn a living."

talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #322 on: <09-07-15/0329:08> »
@Kynos - Max tells you
"I am sorry for your loss, I truly am. I was angry of a man - and it was nothing but an illusion. That man had fear, he cared about people and wouldn't just send us on a suicide mission. Not on the justification that 1000 years for now none of us is going to matter anyhow. That to almost anyone in world does not even see us as alive.

Why does it have to matter?
Why do we even need a reason?

Must we matter to some imaginary crowd 1000 years from now to be happy?
Can't we matter to just few people that know and love us? 
In that light your current life philosophy that entire rescue mission was idiotic, risk life of the many to safe the few - does that even make sense to you now? "

She sighs:
"15 years and you cannot even talk to me for five minutes. All you think about is getting home slightly earlier.  I volunteered to that mission because I trusted you, you made us feel like we mattered. Like we were the most important thing to you.

You didn't give us the crap about the rest of the world, we mattered to you and it was enough.
I am not angry about you for sending us on that mission . I am angry because you forgot about me, about everyone that mattered to you.
You left me broken and disconnected, guilty for being alive when braver and stronger men died.
You never called, never took interest I was dead to you the moment you left the army. Was eveything that was real for me, all that fucked up stuff we've been through nothing in your eyes?
You had your issues and got kicked out from the army and what about me?
Left in the army, shaken, fearless undisciplined waiting for the bullet that will kill me. Feeling that I do not deserve to be alive. 
The only person that I could relate to, was nowhere to be seen. What future could I possibly have?"

Her eyes are wet when she continues.
"Don't you care about me at all now? Because I sepnt many years thinking about you and if you somehow made it thorough life. I guess it was all just leadership and soft manipulation. Everything that mattered to me - was conditioning.  Is that all gone now?"

She wipes her tears and seats down. It is clear that she had all these emotions buried for many years.
"Just give me your SIN so I can scan it and get out of my life again."
« Last Edit: <09-07-15/0346:39> by gilga »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #323 on: <09-07-15/0555:12> »
Athos is surprised when he looks at Minnie.  "So I see myself unchanged and Yulia changed.  What do I look like, Yulia?"  He turns to the Elf.  "Thank you, Miss Strawberry.  And I understand that we can drop the masks when we wish, is that correct?  We should be off so let us know when and where to be for the ritual and we will leave here.  You have been far more than kind."

On the way down the stairs, Athos looks over at Minnie.  "I think we need to go see Jimmy and this runner.  Do you feel up to doing Jimmy solo while I go see this man or do you need back up?"

@Athos Strawberry nods and tells you "Just give me a buzz when you want to drop them... but you can't put them back on once you dropped them."

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #324 on: <09-07-15/0603:53> »
"Max - this is not a social call. You guys hauled me straight from my bed without so much as a shower, breakfast or lunch. If you want to talk about the bad old times, or how everything I was and had went to shit afterwards - well, you've got my number. Don't hessitate to call or drop by. Chances are I'll offer you a beer - but not while I am in an interrogation room of Knight Errant where every word I say is recorded and might be used against me.

I am an asshole, not an idiot."

Kynos flipped his SIN for the scan.

"I'm serious. If you need to talk we can. But I predict that you'll be a lot happier if you don't taint your life with mine."
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #325 on: <09-07-15/0626:23> »
@Kynos - Max scans you SIN and say "Everything seem to be in order."
[spoiler]
Scan SIN: 8d6t5 3
Unless you use a fake SIN of rating 2 or less. In that case I'll have to edit.
[/spoiler]

She takes a deep breath and say:
"It is officer Max while we are in here...
You were brought here for questioning and was not formally arrested. Your house was not searched, the Knights arrived in massive forces due to your questionable history. I am sorry that you did not finish your breakfast and get a shower, there is nothing I can do to let you go home before 17:00 - at that hour most of the people here will be released as this place simply cannot accommodate so many people over night."

She sighs
"This is why I asked if you were comfortable, I was wondering if you'd like to grab something to bite in the cafeteria, I am not sure if you'll have anything else to eat while in here.  So I afraid that today a lunch is all I can do for you, if you do ping me tomorrow evening - I may have something extra for you."
« Last Edit: <09-07-15/0636:38> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #326 on: <09-07-15/0652:51> »
"Oh well, If that's the case I'll wait til 17.00 h. Skipping a meal or two never hurt anyone.
As a courtesy to you, I'll even stay put without a fuss.
But come 17.00 h I'm out of here. If you want to keep me you'll have to file charges - whatever good that will do you."

[spoiler]
Hartmut Stein is the real SIN - and he's never been convicted of a crime ;)
[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #327 on: <09-07-15/1049:02> »
@Kynos - Max tells you "Alright, have it your way. Call me tomorrow evening if you want to experience an interesting night."  She shares her contact details with you and as you are taken back to your cell, another person enters. A huminis extremist full of gang tattoos.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #328 on: <09-07-15/1059:13> »
Kynos got as comfortable as he could and tried to catch some more sleep. He was pretty unconcerned about it even if they had brought in humanis scum.
Just a few more hours and he could go on to find another job...
talk think matrix

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #329 on: <09-07-15/1136:15> »

"Quite the looker, actually," Minnie answers her friend with an impish grin.  "Be careful.  You may have to beat the ladies off with a stick!"

As the two descend down the stairs Minnie give's Athos' question just a moment's thought.  "I think I'll be fine with Jimmy," she assures.  "I'll be careful to get him somewhere that we can talk without blowing my cover.  Assuming I'm as easy on the eyes as you are, I shouldn't have any trouble."  The girl's smile widens and takes on a devilish tone.  "I might ever get a sense of what he thinks of other girls."

As she prepares to depart the building, her smile softens as she faces Strawberry.  "I'll be back with bells on.  Promise!"