NEWS

Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]

• 2279 Replies

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #300 on: <09-06-15/1248:57> »
Minnie will let Strawberry clarify about the cost.  She turns to the elf with her head cocked in question.  "A really big ork?" she offers helpfully.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #301 on: <09-06-15/1437:25> »
@Kynos Officer Max is not impressed. She softly say “We can do this later when you are in a better mood. As you must know, I am going to be here in this very room for many more hours today. “ She sighs. As far as you can judge she is serious, there seem to be an awful lot of demand for her skill tonight - it seems like every questionable person in the city was brought for questioning. “I will ask again and you will answer me politely and nicely,  are you comfortable? is there anything I can do for you before we begin?”

@Minnie and Athos  Strawberry say “Orc is passable, as long as they are not physically intimate with you. My price is 300 per one, 600 for both of you. I really only ask for my own expenses, I normally do not do these things.”
« Last Edit: <09-06-15/1442:31> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #302 on: <09-06-15/1446:54> »
Athos nods and fishes out a credstick.  "I can cover those costs now, Miss Strawberry."  When she gives an account number, he transfers 1K nuyen to it, saying, "You have been very kind to us, and especially to Yulia.  Thank you."
« Last Edit: <09-06-15/1449:27> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #303 on: <09-06-15/1448:40> »
"I am as comfortable as I'll get here. Thanks for your concern. If you must know, I am bored."
Kynos kept his tone civil. It wasn't the worker bee's fault after all.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #304 on: <09-06-15/1450:48> »
"We normally wouldn't ask, Strawberry," Minnie assures her sympathetically.  "We came expecting to conclude a simple business transaction.  A transaction you'd blessed.  I'm sorry we turned into pawns in such a mess in your own front yard."  She tightens her tail a moment around Strawberry's shoulder much as most people would with a side hug.  It was meant as the reassuring gesture.  "I think we all agree we'd like to return you to some normalcy as soon as possible."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #305 on: <09-06-15/1513:29> »
@Minnie and Athos Strawberry seems to enjoy your tail movements and she finds it difficult to concentrate while you do that.   She whispers “Keep some surprises for tonight” and curls her lips just a little bit so that they form a hint of a smile. To both of you she say “I don’t like it either, there was this runner I sent you to and three different mages. All doing god know what in my domain. There were a couple of extra runners as well very difficult to keep track. It was a crazy night.”

@Kynos - Officer Max tells you, “Please tell me where you have been yesterday from 18:00-2:00” She takes a seat and sizes you out. It is impossible to see what she finds so fascinating about you, but she seems extremely interested in the words you are about to say.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #306 on: <09-06-15/1514:38> »
Athos has been wracking his brain over an inconsistency in the events of last night.  "Miss Strawberry, that entire explosive set up was not some quickie move by a shadow runner.  I saw the explosives.  They were professionally placed and wired and were concealed with new drywall construction.  A security system was installed that sealed the doors after we entered.  I am sure that everything was set to catch Mr. Ando and Dona Valentina and perhaps start a war between the Yakuza and the Mafia.  None of this could be done in less than days of preparation.  Is there any way that you were able to detect something odd going on?  Perhaps something that struck you as a bit out of place but you put it down to something else?  Has the warehouse been empty or was there stuff in it that was moved?"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #307 on: <09-06-15/1523:08> »
"A friend asked me to attend a private show at some strip club. We left together and since I had developed something of a hangover I went home early. Afterwards I lay down on my couch and watched a shitty movie - All you need is love and Evo L. If you ask me, they never should have allowed Tom Hoskins to direct again after the fiasco with the relaunch reboot reimaging of the Fantastic Amazing Spiderman. Anyway, some time after I passed out on the couch. And I am pretty sure that's were I was until this morning when your guys fetched me."
Kynos replied.
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #308 on: <09-06-15/1523:57> »
@Strawberry say "The warehouse was renovated few weeks before the sale, I assumed that the Yaks wanted to keep it in good shape before Valentina examines it. They seemed quite happy about making the sale. I normally would not give much attention to these kind of things, my only contribution to its security was a magical ward that prevented me from seeing what they are doing inside. It was said to protect from curious mages - but I feel that I was the mage they were worried about.

They had a van inside the warehouse for several hours until shortly before you guys arrived, the mages seemed to be after the car.  I estimated it not worth the risk to try and stop them - playing the heroine is not always the best move - especially when I knew nothing about them."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #309 on: <09-06-15/1528:52> »
@Kynos Officer max is intrigued, "It is not that I don't believe that you have the perfect alibi. You are a professional, It is that I do not believe that you will enjoy a strip club. With so much stuff that happened yesterday - you'd much rather do something more exciting.

I am sure that you were up to no good. You haven't killed anyone yesterday have you?"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #310 on: <09-06-15/1539:27> »
"Now officer, That is not a very nice thing to say. Killing another human being - except in self defense or in defense of another - is a serious crime.
My fellow law abiding citizens and I know that all to well  - and don't kill each other.
Of course I heard about the commotion - but unlike for you it's not my job to worry about that kind of stuff.
Besides I was invited to this club - it would have been quite impolite not to attend.

Anything else?"

Kynos smiled lazily
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #311 on: <09-06-15/1607:55> »
@Kynos Officer Max tries to slap you, a really juicy one.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #312 on: <09-06-15/1619:25> »
Athos nods, "So the Yakuza did all the renovations to the warehouse?"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #313 on: <09-06-15/1623:22> »
Kynos did nothing to avoid the slap. The titanium reinforced skelleton ensured that a hard slap would hurt the slapper more than him.
"Are you done? With such violent tendencies, maybe I should ask you if you shot someone yesterday.
Don't forget what Isaac Asimov said: Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

But be assured, that I don't harbor any ill will against you. I understand that you are under a lot of stress, but hitting me won't solve your problems.
I tell you what: Let's forget about that incident and end this waste of both our time."

Officer Max ansered "You really have no idea who I am... do you?"
Kynos wanted to answer, but instead thought for a moment. That tone of voice, that righteous anger...
"Officer Max... Oh now I feel dumb. Seargent Max of the 22. Gebirgspioniere. Long time no see. Did they kick you out of the army too?
You aren't seriously still angry about that whole Steigenberger fiasco? What is it now... 15 years? Damn, I remember - you where one of those I recruited for that rescue mission. You can't seriously still fault me for that. Everyone who died that day knew the risk and went there on their own free will.

I always wondered what did happen to the other few that made it out."

Kynos finished a bit lamely.
« Last Edit: <09-06-15/1707:40> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #314 on: <09-06-15/1710:55> »
Max tells you - “I was not the same person after that night. I felt guilty merely for being alive. I was up on a destructive path jumping into danger looking for the mean SOB that will end me and make the guilt go away. Out of that darkness I discovered the power to live again, to be happy. This is how I met my husband Faith, pure gold that one is. We belong to a cult that celebrates life and happiness - a Jewish cult actually“
She sighed.
“I thought that day was behind me, I was sure that I was over that, but seeing you here - bullshiting me like a model citizen, it brings back memories. It makes me angry. I haven’t felt angry in ten years”