NEWS

[SR5] Deniable Assets

• 22 Replies

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <02-22-16/0339:13> »
Maybe, but if you can get the shipping covered, about the best price that I've found.

If you have one of their cards, and it's up to date (i.e. the membership subscription has been renewed or hasn't expired yet), shipping is for free. I had B&N ship this one to me, and had just recently renewed my card; I only paid for the book (plus applicable sales tax). Double-check on their website to confirm that though; I generally go into the store, and then if they don't have it in stock I ask them to have a copied shipped to my address.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #16 on: <02-22-16/0507:21> »
The idea of a previous age(s) of magic is actually pretty well publicized in Shadowrun at this point.

Ehran the Scribe discusses the cycles of Magic back in 1st edition and gave a publicized speech about it.

The Atlantean Foundation is built on the idea of discovering "Atlantis" (Which is Thera) and digging up information and artifacts about the 4th world.  They have 20+ Million member worldwide and a published magazine.

The Artifact Rush in Seattle Missions wasn't particularly secretive.  Keep in mind it was capped off (Or was supposed to be capped off, at least, till they get stolen again) with a public viewing of all the artifacts collected during the season.

The idea of a previous age, a previous World of Magic (or even multiple ages) isn't a new one in Shadowrun and is pretty widespread.  The specific details, though, are pretty muddy, clouded in half-truths from teh few who actually know it, lies, rumors, speculation, etc.

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #17 on: <02-22-16/0911:39> »
The idea of a previous age, a previous World of Magic (or even multiple ages) isn't a new one in Shadowrun and is pretty widespread.  The specific details, though, are pretty muddy, clouded in half-truths from teh few who actually know it, lies, rumors, speculation, etc.

Sure, but knowing that something may have existed is not the same as encountering it firsthand ;) I felt they should have been more shocked and awed when they found themselves

[spoiler]in a mysteriously-preserved underwater city from a long lost age.[/spoiler]
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <02-22-16/1411:10> »
Maybe, but if you can get the shipping covered, about the best price that I've found.
If you have one of their cards, and it's up to date (i.e. the membership subscription has been renewed or hasn't expired yet), shipping is for free. I had B&N ship this one to me, and had just recently renewed my card; I only paid for the book (plus applicable sales tax). Double-check on their website to confirm that though; I generally go into the store, and then if they don't have it in stock I ask them to have a copied shipped to my address.

Thanks for confirming this. I've got one of those cards, but use it so rarely, forget some of the benefits...sigh... ::)

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <02-23-16/0515:38> »

Thanks for confirming this. I've got one of those cards, but use it so rarely, forget some of the benefits...sigh... ::)

You're welcome! Keep in mind that if your card has expired, you get a discount on purchases when you renew it (if you're paying for something at the time of renewing). Again, double-check to make sure, but I'm fairly certain that's still the case.

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <02-25-16/0251:52> »

Sure, but knowing that something may have existed is not the same as encountering it firsthand ;) I felt they should have been more shocked and awed when they found themselves

[spoiler]in a mysteriously-preserved underwater city from a long lost age.[/spoiler]

Eh,[spoiler]they really didn't have the time to stare in wonder; they had two short infantry companies, from two different megacorps that wanted them dead, breathing down their necks.[/spoiler]

I enjoyed the book a lot, although I am curious about something you posted earlier in the thread: [spoiler]
"the shadowman was Lofwyr all along"
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Did the book say that? If so I completely missed it, or did you infer it from the description of the Shadowman and/or things mentioned about the 2nd age? If the latter, then I could see why I missed that: I never had a chance to get into Earthdawn, so I know almost nothing about it.  :-\  [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <02-25-16/0255:49> by Dinendae »

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #21 on: <02-25-16/0522:05> »
Who Shadowman is suspected to be is written near the end. I thought it was someone else though but of the same caliber.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <02-25-16/0530:38> »
Who Shadowman is suspected to be is written near the end. I thought it was someone else though but of the same caliber.

Ah, ok! I thought I missed a part where it stated that it was indeed him, and not suspected. I may have to go back and reread the last part of the book again.