Catalyst Game Labs > Errata

Shadowrun 5 Errata

(1/113) > >>

Patrick Goodman:
This thread is meant for errata questions, typos, and things of that nature. Since I'm going to be going through here and gathering this stuff up and compiling it, I'd really like to keep this thread as close to laser-like in focus as is possible. To that end, I'd appreciate any arguments over rules concepts and stuff to be taken elsewhere.

Something like, "Page 98, in the Additional Purchases table: Is 'Registering Spirits' supposed to be 'Registering Sprites'?" is good.

Something like, "Limits suck! Get rid of them!" is bad.

So have at it. Just be concise, focused, and polite. This is time away from my family, and if I don't see the benefit I'll drop it like a hot rock.

Patrick Goodman:
An addendum: Just as a reminder, the previews are from the actual book as it currently exists, so if all you have is the previews, you can still help me out here.

Boomstick:

--- Quote from: Boomstick on ---I started to read the #4 preview the other day and think there is a mistake in this paragraph:

"Determine Initiative Scores for all the characters, critters, spirits, sprites, intrusion countermeasures (IC), and anything else involved in the fight (see Initiative, p. 159). The order in which things happen during the Action Phase is determined by Initiative Scores, going from highest first to lowest last. Initiative is fluid and changes both within a Combat Turn and between Combat Turns. Note that wound modifiers affect the Initiative Score
(see Changing Initiative, p. 160) as soon as the wound is inflicted."

I think it should read "during the Initiative Pass" or even better and righter "during the Combat turn"
Otherwise it does not make sense to me, reading what follows.

--- End quote ---

RHat:
Would undefined terms be considered valid for errata?  For example:

--- Quote ---During his Action Phase, a character may take two
Simple Actions, though only one can be an attack action.

--- End quote ---

Should this be followed with a definition of the game term "attack action", or at least a guideline for the meaning?

All4BigGuns:

--- Quote from: RHat on ---Would undefined terms be considered valid for errata?  For example:

--- Quote ---During his Action Phase, a character may take two
Simple Actions, though only one can be an attack action.

--- End quote ---

Should this be followed with a definition of the game term "attack action", or at least a guideline for the meaning?

--- End quote ---

Don't see where it's necessary. You can make an attack as a Simple Action, and by it being used to attack, it becomes and attack action. Simple Common Sense at work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version