NEWS

Wait! We are on 6E!?

• 10 Replies

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« on: <01-11-21/0350:41> »
How long have I been gone for? Do they still have totems and adepts? When did this happen!?
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <01-11-21/0510:47> »
SR6 officially came out 2019 at GenCon iirc. Totem/adept-wise not much changed since SR4, we still have Mentor Spirits, Adepts, Unified Magic Theorem (aka the traditions all have the same mechanics, just different drain attribute and spirit tendencies, and fluff). Mystic Adepts are the only thing that really keeps changing how they're handled mechanically throughout the past editions.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <01-11-21/0558:31> »
Huh. Well thankfully I don't wanna be a MysAd. I hope the games in forum are still running when i am able to get the books.
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #3 on: <01-11-21/0827:56> »
How long have I been gone for? Do they still have totems and adepts? When did this happen!?
If you slept through 2020, I envy you.  Greatly.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <01-11-21/0903:56> »
More or less due to reasons beyond my control i was under a rock with my interests. I know about current events if that's what you mean.
Thoughts
Mentor

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #5 on: <01-11-21/1111:11> »
Oh, well, that sucks then.

Glad to have you back, however!    :D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <01-11-21/1249:45> »
Huh. Well thankfully I don't wanna be a MysAd. I hope the games in forum are still running when i am able to get the books.

A quick summary of some major changes:

1) The Edge mechanic is dramatically expanded in use/importance.  Many mechanics revolve around Edge, and some "hero moves" require the expenditure of Edge.

2) Armor is gone from the damage soak mechanic.  Armor helps you generate edge now (or deny edge to your attacker).  See #1 above...

3) Dice pool modifications are not entirely abolished, but are largely replaced by edge modification.  See #1 above...

4) Initiative is streamlined by removing passes. Having things like wired reflexes doesn't give you more "rounds within a turn" anymore... what you get instead are extra minor actions for your one round per turn.  See #2 above... without armor adding to your soak pool you'll be wanting to spend those extra minor actions on dodging attacks, so these augmentations are every bit as useful as before, even without multiple passes per turn! And of course, more init dice means you're more likely to go first, as well.

There are of course numerous other tweaks here and there.  It's kind of a Shadowrun tradition that the Matrix rules change profoundly each edition, but 6e's and 5e's are pretty similar.  The major difference being once you have access (marks in 5e) you have it on the entire network, rather than tracking it on a per-icon basis.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <01-12-21/0239:27> »

A quick summary of some major changes:

1) The Edge mechanic is dramatically expanded in use/importance.  Many mechanics revolve around Edge, and some "hero moves" require the expenditure of Edge.

2) Armor is gone from the damage soak mechanic.  Armor helps you generate edge now (or deny edge to your attacker).  See #1 above...

3) Dice pool modifications are not entirely abolished, but are largely replaced by edge modification.  See #1 above...

4) Initiative is streamlined by removing passes. Having things like wired reflexes doesn't give you more "rounds within a turn" anymore... what you get instead are extra minor actions for your one round per turn.  See #2 above... without armor adding to your soak pool you'll be wanting to spend those extra minor actions on dodging attacks, so these augmentations are every bit as useful as before, even without multiple passes per turn! And of course, more init dice means you're more likely to go first, as well.

There are of course numerous other tweaks here and there.  It's kind of a Shadowrun tradition that the Matrix rules change profoundly each edition, but 6e's and 5e's are pretty similar.  The major difference being once you have access (marks in 5e) you have it on the entire network, rather than tracking it on a per-icon basis.

Ah thank you. I shall be studying the book for now.
Thoughts
Mentor

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <01-12-21/0945:50> »
Hi Raiderjoseph, been a while, welcome back!

My excel character generator (link in my sig) might be useful as I've tried to automate as much of char gen as possible and summarise the various rules etc from the books that affect char gen all in one place.

A
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <01-13-21/0044:26> »
Hi Raiderjoseph, been a while, welcome back!

My excel character generator (link in my sig) might be useful as I've tried to automate as much of char gen as possible and summarise the various rules etc from the books that affect char gen all in one place.

A

Thanks! I actually remember you! I wonder if Adamu is around.
Thoughts
Mentor

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <01-13-21/1108:42> »
Adamu has taken an indefinite leave of SR and pbp... we hope he'll be back one day
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36