NEWS

Canibals and Drakes

• 4 Replies

Octarine and Chrome

• Newb
« on: <02-07-11/1445:27> »
Could one use the Adept Power Canibalize to take a drake's ability to assme the dracoform? It is a critter power. I think that other powers (like fire breath and flight) would be gained as well, as the are properties of the dracoform. You could even keep the drake alive and gain more long term access to the power, provided you are willing to risk keeping an angry drake prisoner...
I do not, not believe in ghost...or demons...or monsters: Ziva David

He who dies with the most toys gets looted.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <02-07-11/1458:27> »
That would be totally up to the GM. As it states in Street Magic the Twisted Adept uses the ability to boost his/her attributes only.

Octarine and Chrome

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <02-07-11/1513:27> »
Not with the books right now, but I think you are right. :-[ OOPs
The thing I was talking about is a similiar power that has canibalize as a prerequisite (Power Bleed?). Using this power as the basis of the question, am I right?

It wouldn't work with Shapeshifters, unless you want the ability to assume the specific human form of a shpaeshifter (which is what the power they have allows them to do 8)).
I do not, not believe in ghost...or demons...or monsters: Ziva David

He who dies with the most toys gets looted.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <02-07-11/1533:24> »
Since the power is Shift (Dracoform), and the Shift power is defined as a Critter power (Runner's Companion, p. 85), I'd say it's possible. And since that same definition says that the creature gains "all non-paranormal abilities innate to that race", then you'd gain the Hardened Armor, Flight, Senses, etc.; but not Dual-natured, Elemental Attack or Mystic Armor powers.

Also, you only gain the power for (Magic + Initiate) Combat Turns. Unless you spend 3 Karma immediately, then it lasts for (M+I) days. So, you'd need a large Karma reserve to use this more than once or twice on a Drake. And when you run of of Karma... ;)

Ultra Violet

• Omae
  • Child of the Matrix
« Reply #4 on: <02-07-11/1803:50> »
Yeah, Canibalize is a bad-ass NPC metamagic power... I had once a "Werewolf" (acually it was a wolf shapeshifter) that was a vampire hunter and used Canibalize as Power Up for his hunt. Getting "Essence Drain" from the vamp, and drain the sucker dry, while he is feeding on his flesh... all in wolf-form. And without any problem with the virus, because he isn't a human. 8)

Btw: Another way for my Naga to get human-form. Thanks, for the idea! Using Canibalize on a shapeshifter to get Shift (Humanform). ;D
« Last Edit: <02-07-11/1807:51> by Ultra Violet »