NEWS

Ak-97 carbine

• 8 Replies

welldressedgent

• Chummer
« on: <04-25-16/0918:45> »
This weapon should come back. Not as an smg though. My thought based on SR4e:

Ak-97 Carbine (assault rifle)
Acc 5, DV 9p, Ap -2, Mode SA/BF/FA, RC (1), Ammo 30(c), Avail 4R, Cost 850¥. Folding stock. Conceal +4 with stock retracted. Not quite sure of the price or the range. And maybe DV should be 10P. Sound reasonable?
« Last Edit: <04-25-16/0922:39> by welldressedgent »
wdg

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <04-25-16/1003:11> »
At our table we allow all ARs to be converted into "carbines" by adding a folding stock. Same exact weapon, but with better concealability when the stock is collapsed.

adzling

« Reply #2 on: <04-25-16/1028:20> »
if you check the Concealability table I posted in the other thread you'll notice that an AK with folding stock (folded!) and a shortened barrel (in hard targets) has a Conceability of +3.

Put Chameleon coating on it and it drops to +2.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #3 on: <04-25-16/1029:54> »
My suggestion as for stats for any carbine version would be an integral short-barrel and folding stock, keep the base firearm's stats, but lower the range increments to SMG. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <04-25-16/1212:42> »
My suggestion as for stats for any carbine version would be an integral short-barrel and folding stock, keep the base firearm's stats, but lower the range increments to SMG.

^This is, literally, exactly what a carbine is.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #5 on: <04-25-16/1326:01> »

^This is, literally, exactly what a carbine is.

+1!
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

welldressedgent

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <04-25-16/1349:55> »
Yeah the image in SR4e is identical for both Ak97 weapons.

Consensus seems to be keep DV 10p but drop to Acc 4 (short barrel). I'd houserule you can still make barrel mods - lame otherwise.

SMG ranges? Dunno, according to this http://www.diffen.com/difference/M16_Rifle_vs_M4_Carbine page IRL M4 isn't that much less than M16. Might go with 80% of assault rifle ranges. Or 90%. Or just stay the same.

Not a gun person, so thx for enlightenment.

-g
wdg

adzling

« Reply #7 on: <04-25-16/1401:00> »
Just use the rules from Hard Targets for barrel shortening.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #8 on: <04-25-16/1850:23> »
I suggest using SMG ranges just because cutting things by percentages is basically making a new range increment, and using a firearm in Shadowrun is almost always in the short to medium ranges anyways. 

Like I said before, make the carbine version's barrel integral; you can stack integral mods with aftermarket ones. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?