NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #810 on: <05-02-13/0249:53> »
Clementine listened to Sam's plan carefully. When he was done, she said to everyone that was gathered around them "We probably shouldn't have the whole team talking to the guy, but going alone would be foolish. I'll go with you and have Con within eyesight with his rifle should something happen. Red, do you think you can listen in on communication that go outbound from them?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #811 on: <05-02-13/0255:04> »
Looking at Sammy, he said, "I'll be tagging along in the astral with the others. I've got a fire spirit on hand, and I'll call up others if need be. Since the vehicles won't take everyone, this way, we can get more fighters in the group that's going, and still have magical support."
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #812 on: <05-02-13/0901:38> »
"Fine, you weren't drunk. Whatever. Can you find out what the cops are looking for, or not?" Sam was trying not to let his frustration show, but it was getting hard. To have all of his day's work convincing the entire diner--hell, half the town, it seemed--and especially the sheriff that they were on the up-and-up, just to have it all come crashing down around him due to someone else's incompetent blundering! Turning to Clem, he said, "No offense, dear, but until we know what the cops think they're looking into and who they're looking for, we need all four of you to stay under wraps. Like I said in the diner earlier, I'll take Johnny with me for protection; Sammy, too, if she's willing...and it sounds like Stilts will be coming as well, in his own way."
« Last Edit: <05-02-13/0903:25> by Thvor »
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #813 on: <05-02-13/0930:14> »
Clem, understanding Sam's logic, simply replied "You're probably right, better not give them an easy target." However understanding she was, her frustration was showing. The countryside was starting to really get to her. She finished with a "Just get us out of here quickly" before going back to the rest of the group.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #814 on: <05-02-13/2151:31> »
"So long as you don't wind up out in another dead zone, I can operate from here - though there is some risk that, should they notice me, they may be able to trace me back to here."  He paused for a moment.

"As far as figuring out what the cops are looking for...  If I can manage to find where they are and get into a few commlinks, it's certainly doable; there are a couple of practical concerns at hand, though.  First, if I get discovered, that risk about being traced back to here?  Hell of a lot higher.  Second, I'm starting to get a bit stretched here; my abilities aren't without a cost.  Whenever I have to shape Resonance or call forth a sprite, I risk Fading; it's not unlike the Drain that mages encounter, though not quite the same.  Problem is, I've been having to do a good deal more of that today as I've had to switch between different sorts of tasks; it's starting to cause me some trouble, and if it goes too far I might find myself knocked the hell out.  I'm not saying I can't keep working, but at some point I need to get some rest - or at least access to a decent medkit."
« Last Edit: <05-03-13/0312:05> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #815 on: <05-03-13/0736:53> »
"I can help with the health issue," Sammy said, taking a look in the astral to see his health.
"It's not that bad," she said, "at least as far as the more heavy injuries go.  There's not much I can do about a headache unless it's bullet induced.  But I'm quite sure there should be a medkit in this theatre somewhere.  We always had those with us, even on location, to get rid of all those aches and bruises "

She looked at Liam for confirmation.

"As for the tracking issue," she said to FIon, "I'm not sure how exactly, but they always told me that if I didn't wanted to be tracked by paparazzi or hordes of fans, I should use high altitude satelites.  Geo-something they called it.  I didn't understand the technical part completely but apparently it makes you difficult to track.  Maybe do that?"

[spoiler]
assensing Fion's health
intuition 3 + assensing 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5) =2)
I should be able to see his stun and physical damage amounts.  If I recall correctly, it was 1P and some stun.

She knows a bit about technical things, but not much.  Enough to know that using Geosynchronous satellites would make you difficult to track, but not that it slows down your commlink.  For what she did with her commlink, the speed was sufficient even with the lag (chatting, shopping,...).  :)
[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #816 on: <05-03-13/1042:05> »
Liam is indeed hovering close, to Sammy especially, and when asked he rushes off to find the first aid kit.  The one he brings back is only a Rating 2, but that is sufficient for the theaters purposes.  "I hope you aren't going to rush right off Samantha, I was really hoping to show you around our little production and perhaps get your take on the changes we made to the script."

Melissa and Rudy have busied themselves on one of the stage sets, adding and rearranging flowers.

Matt just got back from parking his car and seems to have pegged Torley as his boss, he maintains distance but seems to be waiting for instruction.

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #817 on: <05-03-13/1532:28> »
Johnny walked along one of the aisles towards the stage. He vaulted up onto the stage examining the set pieces, glancing out into the semi dark theater to see how the group was doing. He was trying to stay calm and seperated from the chaos that seemed to hang over this group like a cloud. He let his mind drift as he closed his eyes and fell into a kanta his limbs moving slowly as if he was moving through water.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #818 on: <05-04-13/0054:53> »
"Yeah, I'm not to concerned about damage, so much as the fact that I might eventually pass out.  Thanks for the medkit, Liam - anyone here actually know any first aid?"

"Only problem is we don't have a satlink on hand; can't connect to a satellite without one.  Either way I'd prefer to run from VR for the edge it offers, which makes it smarter for me to stick around here."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #819 on: <05-04-13/0224:44> »
As usual, the group was doing a lot of talking, but not much else. Seeing as how he was stuck here for the time being, O'Connor wandered off to familiarize himself with the layout of the theater. He wanted at least a general idea of the environment in case the cops showed up, or the couple made whatever move they were cooking up. After wandering about for a bit, he decided to search for where the theater kept its wardrobe. He figured there was a small chance there'd be a bandolier he could use. He didn't like the idea of having to mess around with the ammo box if he needed to reload under fire, and liked less putting the bullets loose in his pocket.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #820 on: <05-04-13/0652:25> »
"That shows how much I know about these things," Sammy said to Fion, with her trademark trid smile, "and no, I don't know first aid.  I only know a spell and that's always been good enough, like when a stunt driver has a broken arm or so."

Then she turned to Liam.
"I have to watch out for him," she said, pointing to Heron, "so I'm not going anywhere until he's back."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #821 on: <05-04-13/0656:59> »
Clementine goes closer to the group as O'Connor goes off on his scavenger hunt. She asks the theatre group "What kind of businesses are around the theatre?", curious to know if anything useful was in the vicinity.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #822 on: <05-06-13/2315:04> »
Oh, sure, everyone jump to take care of the drunk elf. Can't have red passing out on us, can we? Sam thought to himself as Liam and Sammy fussed with the medkit. Still, whatever his condition, he does seem to be our only hope as far as computers and such go...better not push him too hard.

Catching Liam's eye, he said, "When you came to the diner, you said one of your fellow actors was called in to help with a legal matter. As you seem to have guessed, it's possible that it's related to someone on our crew; these long scouting trips can be a trifle boring if you're not used to them, and I may have brought some along who were...not ready for it. I'm afraid I may have to get our legal department--or possibly human resources--involved, if that's the case; think you could get some details from your friend?"

Turning to Matt, he said, "Regardless, we've got a schedule to keep; I'd appreciate it if you could make your call and arrange our interview."
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #823 on: <05-08-13/1052:01> »
Heron nodded at Sammy, and said thanks in Sperethiel, before going to find a chair or couch he could rest on. While such things weren't necessary for going out of body, he'd found that resting in a more natural position made coming back more comfortable. Afterall, if you were dueling on the astral, and then came back only to have sore joints from the unusual position you flopped down in when you projected... Regardless, Heron took a few deep breaths, and then slumped forward, his eyes closed as he stepped over into the astral. He would follow the others when they left.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #824 on: <05-09-13/2017:24> »
Matt looks at the group, "The contact has been made, we are meeting the fixer at the diner in the truck stop on I-90 at 2030, so we got a few hours.  If a price is agreed on we will get a pick up site, somewhere nearby, probably later on tonight."

Liam looks at Sam, who instinctively reads the fact that the theater owner is not buying his story, but seems willing to play along for the moment, "Terrence is looking for some juicier roles, I might be able to find out something, perhaps if I did so Ms. Delavine might be willing to introduce me to some people down in LA?"

Rudy waves a bouquet at Clementine as he points it in various directions, "There is a great little florist on the corner, and our lawyer has an office in the firm across the way, and the bakery on the corner is pretty good, what were you looking for dear?"