NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1305 on: <07-01-13/0659:50> »
Because, no offense Crossbow, but the GM is kind of a dick and wants to put our backs to the wall. That's why I think we should push through our own, cheaper, plans. That means either the GM has to accommodate us, or go for a full party wipe. Given those two outcomes, I think we win. Granted I don't know the depths of Crossbow's depravity and he might choose the mutually assured destruction option.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1306 on: <07-01-13/0719:52> »
It doesn't have to be a FULL party wipe ;)

But I wouldn't mind a fight with that fixer though.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1307 on: <07-01-13/0813:49> »
Seriously, fuck this fixer. If O'Connor knew exactly how that meet went down, he'd head up there and take that asshole out, just because he had it coming.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1308 on: <07-01-13/1156:53> »
ROTFLMAO, okay there a few things in this I need to unpack.

Because, no offense Crossbow, but the GM is kind of a dick and wants to put our backs to the wall.

None taken, I am a gigantic dick when I want to be  ;)  That said, your accusation that I am putting your backs against the wall?  Couldn’t be further from the truth.   We have been off script from the moment you guys reached the outskirts of Yakima and got a wireless signal, EVERYTHING after that has been character driven, I am just trying to keep up and fill in the blanks.

That's why I think we should push through our own, cheaper, plans.

This is the point where YOU GUYS go off the rails, I don’t think that realistically that there is a cheaper option for you at this point.  Step outside yourselves for a second and look at your situation.  I can go into detail on this if you want me to, but I am trying NOT to railroad you 

That means either the GM has to accommodate us, or go for a full party wipe. Given those two outcomes, I think we win.

If that is what you are going for, then no one wins, I don’t believe in TPW, and I won’t play one out just because someone is getting kicks from it or is expecting a golden parachute, best you can expect from that route is a post saying TPW and call it a day.   That wouldn’t be fun for me or anyone else that I would enjoy playing with, and enjoying the game is my only goal.  That is why I gave everyone a hard time about writing real characters, because I wanted a deep game that someone invests in, that is fun for me.

Granted I don't know the depths of Crossbow's depravity and he might choose the mutually assured destruction option.

Think Mariana Trench...but in a nice way.   8)

Just so it is said, I am still having a great time, because I know I stuck you in an impossible situation and said “Go!”   I honestly think at this point I could stick several of you in a round room with a note to go sit in a corner and you guys would turn it into a Clancy novel.  ::)

Right now you guys are trying to game the game, which I am fine with as long as it stays OOC, that is why I am speaking plainly right now.  If your goal is to break the script that is long since done as I said before, but I am still playing for the long term, that is one of the reasons I don’t write a detailed script in the first place.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1309 on: <07-01-13/1250:23> »
For me I think it's just a question of knowing if 50K is a fair price.  If it is, I would say go for it, but I'm not sure (and I assume this is also IC, as my character would probably have more experience with the VIP treatment).  Also, can we go back to that guy, or have we burned our bridges?

50K means about 6K and something per person.

Just hold on, I've just reread my character sheet and I think I might be able to do something to get some money.  IC post coming up.

EDIT: forgot about a loyalty 4 contact I have up there.  :-[
« Last Edit: <07-01-13/1254:10> by farothel »
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1310 on: <07-01-13/1312:56> »
Just adding my two cents, take it for what you will: Sam's not pleased that he couldn't talk the guy down further--he's used to getting his way, and he didn't like Greasy from the get-go. But with Matty joining in, that's just over 5,500 each; Sam can easily afford to pay his portion out of cash on hand.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1311 on: <07-01-13/1629:53> »
Yeah, on a per head front, it's not all that expensive.  Plus, I'd figure that maybe we want to get our gear back before the Johnson finds out we're back in town - just in case.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1312 on: <07-01-13/1643:21> »
So, perhaps we ought to figure out (IC or OOC) how many of us could actually pay our portion; that'll tell us how much we actually need to borrow. Matty said that he can pay his way, as can Sam; that already gets us down to only needing 39,000. Anyone else?

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1313 on: <07-01-13/1647:03> »
Well, unless you can access that money immediately, some amount of interest should be assumed.  Just a note.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1314 on: <07-01-13/1656:00> »
Guess I was assuming that since we've managed to connect to the matrix, we've got access to our funds, assuming we're not the paranoid type who insist on keeping them in credsticks. (SR4A, page 41: "Nowadays more than ever it’s almost quaint to see someone carrying actual money, including credsticks—so last decade. Almost everybody simply beams funds back and forth using their commlinks and online accounts...") Don't see any reason why the GM wouldn't allow that.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1315 on: <07-01-13/1657:12> »
You don't have access to the stuff that proves it's you, perhaps?  Your SIN, and so on?

Also, accessing your main identity's accounts from out here without record of ever leaving Seattle could have issues.
« Last Edit: <07-01-13/1659:19> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1316 on: <07-01-13/1915:20> »
I'm assuming from the quotation marks that Clem's actually speaking, and not texting. 
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1317 on: <07-01-13/2030:57> »
To clarify what Clementine knows, "small fee" could mean anything from one to ten percent, "normal rates" probably means the usury typically reserved for gamblers and small business men that generally ends up involving organleggers or fleshpeddlers.

Rhat's assessment of financial access is correct.  Fionne can probably access his personal funds, at least the nuyen he wasn't carrying, but the rest of you need SINs.

Just adding my two cents, take it for what you will: Sam's not pleased that he couldn't talk the guy down further--he's used to getting his way, and he didn't like Greasy from the get-go. But with Matty joining in, that's just over 5,500 each; Sam can easily afford to pay his portion out of cash on hand.

Like I told you, you got the best deal you could and that was because of the overwhelming roll.  That is the minimum price anyone could reasonably expect given the conditions of the trip.  (Unknown persons of questionable origin, no notice, no knowledge of cargo, command performance, running a border that is VERY rough airspace for smugglers, and forgetting your existence after the job and all that was before you started treating him like shit ;)  )

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1318 on: <07-02-13/0134:24> »
Rhat's assessment of financial access is correct.  Fionne can probably access his personal funds, at least the nuyen he wasn't carrying, but the rest of you need SINs.

Of course, his personal funds are...  Very small.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1319 on: <07-02-13/0145:13> »
Even if we can't access our funds, we can still use them to pay off the borrowed money as soon as we have access again.

I actually don't know how much Sammy has.  I'm even not sure I ever rolled starting funds  :-[  I'll have to look it up again somewhere in all the replies.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"