NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1215 on: <05-30-13/1154:49> »
Okay, a little timeline clarification and positioning.  The group that hit the Aresmart are currently heading west back into the mountains by way of the backroads they came in on, and have encountered no issues to speak of.  You were given some foodstuffs and blankets before you left the theater and anyone who wanted one could get a change of clothes.  (Ikari took advantage of this and has completely changed his look again)

The rest of the team is in the Comet, and have made their way north to the meet, at the truckstop on the intersection of 'Old 82' and TN 90.  Matt's knowledge of the area getting you out of town without incident.  Any preparations that need to be made can be assumed to have taken place in the car on the way, and anyone taking advantage of it can assume to have gotten in two hours of rest for Stun healing purposes.

Please make any appropriate rolls.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1216 on: <06-01-13/0542:53> »
Need a data search roll from Fionn, plus any healing rolls he is taking.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1217 on: <06-01-13/0907:17> »
Fun little question, what's the hardest part about playing your character?

As for me, it's O'Connor's limited vocabulary. I've spent a great deal of time typing up things how'd I'd say it, and then debasing it into how O'Connor would actually say it.
« Last Edit: <06-01-13/1206:18> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1218 on: <06-01-13/1028:31> »
For me, it's not saying much. Sometimes I want to reference something to her past or ask someone something not directly affecting the mission, but Clem doesn't like talking about herself and doesn't really care about other people's past histories. She's strictly business and doesn't care much for idle chit-chat. Which makes it that much harder when the team is trying to decide on something :S
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1219 on: <06-01-13/1257:37> »

As for me, it's O'Connor's limited vocabulary. I've spent a great deal of time typing up things how'd I'd say it, and then debasing it into how O'Connor would actually say it.

I seem to have the opposite problem--Sam is supposed to be a fast talker, able to shoehorn himself into pretty much any social situation and get what he wants. I'm an introvert. So a lot of the time, I'm having to spend a fair bit of time thinking "ok, this is what Sam wants from this encounter; how in the world is he going to lead the conversation around to that??"

It would be so much easier if I could just announce a goal and roll for success, rather than trying to RP it out. :)

Incidentally, does anyone on the diner crew want to do any prep work before we start the actual meeting?
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1220 on: <06-01-13/1336:18> »

I seem to have the opposite problem--Sam is supposed to be a fast talker, able to shoehorn himself into pretty much any social situation and get what he wants. I'm an introvert. So a lot of the time, I'm having to spend a fair bit of time thinking "ok, this is what Sam wants from this encounter; how in the world is he going to lead the conversation around to that??"

It would be so much easier if I could just announce a goal and roll for success, rather than trying to RP it out. :)

Incidentally, does anyone on the diner crew want to do any prep work before we start the actual meeting?

Interesting. With the only face character I've played, I've circumvented the dichotomy of a face's intrinsic extrovert nature and my own introvert nature by making the face a cool and removed business-only type. I still have to figure how he's going to manipulate a social interaction, but I don't have to jump into the deep end and be a full on gregarious extrovert.

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1221 on: <06-01-13/2106:00> »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1222 on: <06-02-13/0257:32> »
Yep, you got a compiled hi-res, not quite realtime, satellite overlay. that shows a lot of unpaved roads in the area. With no consideration for time restraints you feel like you could easily circumvent Yakima going in any direction.  Given a crunch, you can still avoid the city, but with questionable 'roads' (game trails, dry river beds) and/or possible property infringement.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1223 on: <06-02-13/0300:04> »
Couple other questions:  How much time has passed?  Just one hour, or longer?  Did they send the medkit with us, or did we leave it at the theatre?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1224 on: <06-02-13/0920:11> »
no medkit, and it has been several hours, the meet was scheduled for 830.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1225 on: <06-02-13/2319:48> »
Healing Tests (6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=2)

Then it looks like Fionn's stun damage is fully healed.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1226 on: <06-03-13/0205:47> »
As for what's most difficult...  I think it's getting Fionn's attitude across.  For example, Clem and O'Connor seem to think Fionn's scared of O'Connor - this isn't the case.  He considers himself to be fairly powerful, not unlike a mage who is confident in their abilities.  He's just smart enough to be careful with his timing, and knows that this isn't a good time to push things.

It does get annoying when I forget to try and rethink things into how Fionn would say them, though.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1227 on: <06-03-13/2059:05> »
I am pretty sure that O'Connor thinks EVERYONE is scared of him.   :)    Gonna be a shock to him the first time he meets a dragon :)

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1228 on: <06-03-13/2359:37> »
It's also going to be fun when Fionn decides it's time to make his point.  He's clever enough to choose his moment, but that means that at some point, the moment's gonna come.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1229 on: <06-04-13/0029:16> »
In his part of the Barrens, O'Connor's got a bit of a reputation for being a barely contained omnicidal maniac. It affords him a wide berth from many, and a fight from others. O'Connor's used to being feared, but he doesn't really give a shit about instilling that fear. Threatening Red wasn't about intimidating him, O'Connor was just being straight up with him about killing him if he kept spying.
« Last Edit: <06-04-13/0052:49> by Necrogigas »

Characters