NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #660 on: <02-20-13/1120:14> »
Gah, you're right; I was thinking of Tir Tairngire, for some reason. :P I've edited my IC post to remove the gaff.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #661 on: <02-20-13/1144:25> »
So since my revelation about Johnny's logic abilities (he still has a decent intuition so he's not a slack jawed dope) he will need some things spelled out for him. His questions will usually be asked innocently so when you read them don't think them sarcastic just dumb.   ::) :D 
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #662 on: <02-20-13/1240:03> »
So since my revelation about Johnny's logic abilities (he still has a decent intuition so he's not a slack jawed dope) he will need some things spelled out for him. His questions will usually be asked innocently so when you read them don't think them sarcastic just dumb.   ::) :D

Can we read them as both?  :)

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #663 on: <02-20-13/1244:37> »

Can we read them as both?  :)

You're the GM, you can read whatever you want.  ;)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #664 on: <02-20-13/1313:34> »
The cash you have from Blackeagle comes out to about 100 nuyen, enough to feed the lot of you for the day, but not much else.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #665 on: <02-20-13/1316:04> »
If anyone has some ideas for actions they want to try, I can give you an idea as to their level of success before you commit.  I will post a clearer description of immediate surrounding in a tick or two.

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #666 on: <02-20-13/1431:26> »
yes you may  ;D
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #667 on: <02-20-13/1518:47> »
If anyone has some ideas for actions they want to try, I can give you an idea as to their level of success before you commit.  I will post a clearer description of immediate surrounding in a tick or two.

Well, Sam's current plan is to walk casually away from the group and talk to the locals--either people on the street, or maybe a shopkeeper or two. Feel them out (gently) for the latest local news, gossip, anything odd going on.

[spoiler]Etiquette and Con have a 13 dice pool; Negotiation is 15.[/spoiler]
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #668 on: <02-20-13/1542:36> »
I'll see if I can use my fame to get a free lunch, plus chatting with the locals a bit (at least those who recognise me).
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #669 on: <02-20-13/1809:56> »

Well, Sam's current plan is to walk casually away from the group and talk to the locals--either people on the street, or maybe a shopkeeper or two. Feel them out (gently) for the latest local news, gossip, anything odd going on.

[spoiler]Etiquette and Con have a 13 dice pool; Negotiation is 15.[/spoiler]

You certainly can do that, but if you co-ordinate to help Sammy's idea take flight first, it would certainly go a long way towards establiishing her and the group's credibility.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #670 on: <02-20-13/1829:46> »
I'm waiting on Data Search results before I know what I'm doing next.  Need some information to go off of.  Or should I make a few more rolls first?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #671 on: <02-20-13/1841:42> »
Clem will follow Sammy and keep her mouth shut for most of the time.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #672 on: <02-20-13/1846:43> »
Fionn will probably just pass himself off as the crew's tech guy.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #673 on: <02-20-13/1936:35> »
I'm waiting on Data Search results before I know what I'm doing next.  Need some information to go off of.  Or should I make a few more rolls first?

I can give you some results based on what you have rolled, but it isn't going to be much.  The circumstances you are asking about are just too broad and general.  You and I already discussed that the rules on data search are vague, so let me try and explain my philosophy on a successful data search.

Any single word you can put in a search for will give you shitloads of data, even when you put in in several words it doesn't narrow the field much.  What I consider to be a successful data search is RELEVANT data.  That you have found that needle that matters in the haystack the approxiamate size of Nebraska (pre Awakening ;) )

There is going to be stuff that you just won't find, but you won't know until you look.  Take for example, the search you have outlined, "What happened to us?"  If there is data to be found on the subject, you could find it eventually, like if there was a police report or a blogger's post on it, but without those things you will not find anything particularly useful.  You can confirm things you already know, reports on Tir Taingire's use of Laes for example, that can be confirmed.  Shadow people in general though are notoriously difficult to find, precisely because their value is in that difficulty.  Once you get famous, it is hoped that you are good enough to handle those who can find you or scary enough that people don't try.  You guys aren't there yet.

Either way, the successes you rolled are probably not enough to have found relevant data just yet, give me some more rolls and/or refine your search parameters.

Not trying to nerf your ability, but I don't care how good you are at searches, you aren't going to find the pet name that O'Connor's pretty neighbor calls him, because it isn't on the net to be found.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #674 on: <02-20-13/2021:45> »
That sounds fair to me. A bit more detective work I guess then.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix