NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #600 on: <02-16-13/0211:45> »
@rhat: So what does underdeveloped mean? Like a logic 1 has a hard time with a 5 year old's jigsaw puzzle? Logic 2?
I think Johnny is really much dumber then I intended him to be and then what I've been RPing...
(This post is me being whiny and I apologize.)
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #601 on: <02-16-13/0233:58> »
Here's one way to look at it - median IQ is 100 on basically every test, and in most cases the standard deviation is set in the area of 10 points (IQ tests are specifically calibrated to measure intelligence relative to the average).  So, the spread might look something like this:

Logic 1    IQ 80      Logic 4   IQ 110
Logic 2    IQ 90      Logic 5   IQ 120
Logic 3    IQ 100      Logic 6   IQ 130

This means that Logic 1 through 5 accounts for around 80% of the population in the modern day.  Logic 1 is certainly lacking in general intelligence, but not at the point of mental retardation (defined as below 70).  Weak, but not severely handicapped.  Of course, using the same spacing starts to get messy...  I'd suggest using 15 or 20 point spacing after Logic 3, so that Logic 5 would be a gifted person.

You could use this as a gauge for the other stats, as well.
« Last Edit: <02-16-13/0236:01> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Gorean

« Reply #602 on: <02-16-13/0239:21> »
The way I see play. How "smart" your character is based on all the mental attributes . With the strengths weaknesses giving the flavor about areas that they're good or bad at.

For example i3 l5 w3 would seem to be an above average to smart guy who really excels in analytical situations.
i3 l3 w5 would also be smart but they could be characterized by being very persistent/methodical.

On the flip side someone like i4 l1 w3 would be average/slightly below average smarts. They would have instinctive insight into problems but truly suck at being able to explain how they got the solution. Would probably come across as a little uneducated at times, but not stupid.

That's basically how I see the mental stats.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #603 on: <02-16-13/0243:30> »
The way I see play. How "smart" your character is based on all the mental attributes . With the strengths weaknesses giving the flavor about areas that they're good or bad at.

There are a great many multi-factor theories of intelligence out there; each mental stat would wind up correlating to more than one factor in such theories.

Actually, I've got a Personality textbook I could grab that had, as I recall, a very nice breakdown...  Will edit in a few.

EDIT:  Most useful thing I could find, after mining through a few books, was this.  In this model, Logic would likely correlate with logical-mathematical, linguistic, and naturalist.  Intuition correlates with linguistic, musical, spatial, bodily-kinesthetic, and to a limited extent interpersonal.  Charisma would correlate with intrapersonal, interpersonal, and linguistic.  Willpower, to me, seems like another factor entirely.
« Last Edit: <02-16-13/0308:27> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #604 on: <02-16-13/0246:00> »
Have I missed any questions that really need answers OOC?  Just checking before we get a severe scenery change.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #605 on: <02-16-13/0257:29> »
As a question, could we put Blackeagle as a contact on our character sheets?
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #606 on: <02-16-13/0309:05> »
I'll probably want to register a second sprite (lower rating this time) along the way.  Crack sprite could come in handy.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Gorean

« Reply #607 on: <02-16-13/0318:37> »
Can we also have a gm fiat type introduction of everyone as we drive over the next few hours.
As trying to remember which characters' names Heron actually knows is doing my head in.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #608 on: <02-16-13/0326:06> »
I don't see why not. Get the ball started and Clem will follow.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Gorean

« Reply #609 on: <02-16-13/0408:10> »

Does anyone on this team know first aid?

The ironic thing is I'm able to heal you better if i just buy a decent medkit than if i learn first aid.
Since if you have the skill amount healed is limited to skill. If you don't have the skill amount healed is limited to medkit rating.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #610 on: <02-16-13/0418:57> »
Is there any reason not to HR it that you use the higher of skill / medkit rating, and add the lower as a dicepool bonus? That one just baffles me.

Gorean

« Reply #611 on: <02-16-13/0428:17> »
Ok so did a post for when we start driving.

I tried to put into it time for people to do whatever before we move off, but if it's confusing I can pull it and repost it once people are done.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #612 on: <02-16-13/0709:09> »
It should be clear to Clem that she cannot get Fionn to simply let this go - stop talking about it, sure, but it's obvious she can't keep him from tracking down some answers.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #613 on: <02-16-13/0804:37> »
He'll find some answers on the Matrix, that's for sure. She just doesn't like to talk about her past, that's all. She sucks with Matrix stuff, hence the hate.

And yeah, if Fionn digs too deep, I see a physical confrontation between her and him. She has a big regret, so that will make things awkward if it surfaces in the group.
« Last Edit: <02-16-13/1001:48> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #614 on: <02-16-13/1120:54> »
What's the seating arrangement?
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters