NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #555 on: <02-15-13/0007:31> »
Unless O'Connor kept walking, they are behind the cabin.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #556 on: <02-15-13/0009:45> »
Quote from: Crossbow
I seriously doubt he is yelling, but I would be quite surprised if his jumping didn't aggravate his ribs :)

Unless O'Connor kept walking, they are behind the cabin.

I assume just about everything aggravates his ribs, it just gets tedious having to mention it every single post.

He came to a stop.
« Last Edit: <02-15-13/0017:29> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #557 on: <02-15-13/0018:27> »
For the purposes of American geography, cities and suburbs, my OOC knowledge is relatively slim. ???

Also, I thought we were further east somehow.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #558 on: <02-15-13/0025:20> »
Let me Google that for you, without being a dick about it:

Yakima is in the central south end of the state, Tacoma and Seattle are in the northwest, on Puget Sound

Until I went to the Yakima Proving Grounds in the Army, I had no idea it was there either.
« Last Edit: <02-15-13/0139:06> by Crossbow »

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #559 on: <02-15-13/0134:50> »
For the purposes of American geography, cities and suburbs, my OOC knowledge is relatively slim. ???

Also, I thought we were further east somehow.

I'll admit, I only know from reading the Seattle 2074 sourcebook - my American geographical knowledge doesn't generally cut down to that scale.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #560 on: <02-15-13/0147:34> »
From what I've googled, Yakima-Seatle is 142 miles.  But we first have to get to Yakima of course.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Gorean

« Reply #561 on: <02-15-13/0223:26> »
Damn completely slipped my mind that I can default on first aid.

What modifiers would I have?

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #562 on: <02-15-13/0314:42> »
Damn completely slipped my mind that I can default on first aid.

What modifiers would I have?

Okay, I am gonna be a little snarky here, but afterwards I have a serious question, so stay tuned.

Yep, you can default on first aid to logic, within 12 hours of receiving the wound, and if magical healing has not yet been applied, there probably would have been modifiers at the time, such as having inadequate supplies, of course that could have been negated if there was something useful laying around like gauze pads and duct tape.

Okay, if you made it this far, serious question time: it says in the skill description you can default first aid, but under using first aid it says you can heal damage only equal to the skill rating.  WASSUPWITDAT?

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #563 on: <02-15-13/0322:46> »
Teamwork tests?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #564 on: <02-15-13/0325:26> »
Okay, if you made it this far, serious question time: it says in the skill description you can default first aid, but under using first aid it says you can heal damage only equal to the skill rating.  WASSUPWITDAT?
It's so that even without first aid skill, you can diagnose more than "he's been hurt". (legit application of the first aid skill)
Also;
Quote from: Medkits and Autodocs
If the character is untrained, she can still make the test using her own attribute and the device’s rating in place of her skill.

Would you allow someone skilled in first aid to make a fresh attempt after a critical glitch hurts a patient further?
« Last Edit: <02-15-13/0332:11> by Novocrane »

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #565 on: <02-15-13/0924:25> »
It's so that even without first aid skill, you can diagnose more than "he's been hurt". (legit application of the first aid skill)
Also;

That's indeed true.  Even if you haven't had a first aid course, you can still say 'I think he has a broken leg' after you feel that you can move said leg into directions it was not meant to go (whether your patient will like you doing that is something else of course  ;D ).

So in our case we had magical healing by Heron (If I recall correctly on page 4 or 5 of the IC thread) and if I read the rules correctly, that should be all O'Connor can receive.  The rest will either have to heal all by itself or by long-term treatment in a hospital, using the medicine skill.

from the base book on healing:
First Aid may only be applied to a character once (for that set of wounds), and it may not be applied if the character has been magically healed.
AND from the basebook on the health spell:
A character can only be magically healed once for any single set of injuries.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #566 on: <02-15-13/1157:11> »
Please tell me the A on that map isn't our location.  :(
Ok so played around with Google maps a little. If A is our current position then Yakima is about 120 miles (200km) away and Seattle (City center) is about 160 (260km) if we use I-90 (If I remember correctly all the smaller roads are gone). The sound  is about 175 miles (280km) away from our current position. So yeah... In the middle of BFE.  :o
Being from the east coast I had no idea we were so far out from Seattle. This is fun.  ;D

(Johnny still has the two boxes of physical damage he started the game with in case any mage wants to magically fix him up. :) )
« Last Edit: <02-15-13/1208:35> by irisheathen »
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #567 on: <02-15-13/1208:23> »
No, we're much closer to Yakima. Crossbow's link was just to "Washington State", so Google picked the rough center of the state to drop the pin.

This would be a bit more useful to look at, though I'm just highlighting Yakima and the docks in Tacoma; we're somewhere in the mountains west of Yakima (I think someone said Yakima's NE of our current location, but I'm too lazy to go verify that right now).

And for those who haven't been to Seattle in 2072, I've found this map to be pretty damn useful.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Gorean

« Reply #568 on: <02-15-13/1342:10> »
well if I remember my OOC knowledge correctly then O'Connor started with damage so he can be healed again for that set of injuries. Same with Johnny.

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #569 on: <02-15-13/1518:54> »
@Gorean Doesn't it matter if its been longer then 12 hours for first aid or are you talking about more magical healing? Also nobody ever healed Johnny to begin with.

@Thvor: thats what i was hoping but just wanted to be sure.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>