NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #405 on: <02-04-13/0658:09> »
I'm sorry to say this Rhat, but I see a storm brewing on the horizon. Fionn has the exact personality that gets on Clementine's nerves. I'm just warning you that I definitely see an argument somewhere in the future ;)

I'm fine with RP conflict as long as everyone else involved is explicitly alright with it too - though I will say that it didn't exactly help that O'Connor just refused to stop giving him stuff to work with.  If you'd prefer to avoid that, let me know.

Also, I find it mildly amusing that after Fionn demonstrates what should be a relatively surprising level of knowledge of magical theory from any non-hermetic mage (much less from a freaking technomancer), the (I'm assuming as to Sammy's tradition, anyways) hermetic mage completely ignores it.

And in any case, I'm waiting on Crossbow to post a reply before I post again.

EDIT:  And I did not have to wait long.  Did you want us to be making rolls for that, then?  If so: Would Magical Theory apply as laés is an Awakened drug?  I doubt Tír na nÓg knowledge would apply, as so far as I can tell the drug is specific to Tír Tairngire.
« Last Edit: <02-04-13/0717:04> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #406 on: <02-04-13/0710:26> »
All we need are drone-cams to bitch about the others to and this could be an episode of Survivor.

Cool, another idea,

Blackeagle is snarky enough to be Jeff Probst, does that make this Tribal Council?  I am guessing Mystech is the first one to get votes and O'Connor is the guy who thinks he is running things that is likely to get voted out next week.  :)

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #407 on: <02-04-13/0718:41> »
All we need are drone-cams to bitch about the others to and this could be an episode of Survivor.

Cool, another idea,

Blackeagle is snarky enough to be Jeff Probst, does that make this Tribal Council?  I am guessing Mystech is the first one to get votes and O'Connor is the guy who thinks he is running things that is likely to get voted out next week.  :)

Dude.  Drone cams.  Technomancer wins, flawless victory.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #408 on: <02-04-13/0719:03> »
I will say that it didn't exactly help that O'Connor just refused to stop giving him stuff to work with.

O'Connor has absolutely no sense of tact, subtly, or nuisance, but does have a massive ego to top it all off. He's probably going to get into arguments with just about everyone at some point.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #409 on: <02-04-13/0720:21> »
I will say that it didn't exactly help that O'Connor just refused to stop giving him stuff to work with.

O'Connor has absolutely no sense of tact, subtly, or nuisance, but does have a massive ego to top it all off. He's probably going to get into arguments with just about everyone at some point.

He seems like the guy whose friends are set up with straight lines for life.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #410 on: <02-04-13/0723:06> »
set up with straight lines for life
?

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #411 on: <02-04-13/0727:13> »
?

He'd always rise to the bait for this comment or that, so it's pretty easy to get him to set up your jokes for you.  I know a couple of people who are like that, and so long as they're having as much fun with it, its good times.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #412 on: <02-04-13/0730:35> »
?
He'd always rise to the bait for this comment or that, so it's pretty easy to get him to set up your jokes for you.  I know a couple of people who are like that, and so long as they're having as much fun with it, its good times.
Pretty much, his ego makes him interpret jokes as slights, unless he knows you and has built up a rapport.

Characters

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #413 on: <02-04-13/1259:13> »
Johnny is gonna try to follow up with questions about the lodge. Sitting around with "dances with wolves" is fine but I think the lodge is where the fun is.  ;D
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #414 on: <02-04-13/2020:16> »
If there's enough barghest, I'm sorely tempted to have Fionn make a pseudo-kilt.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #415 on: <02-04-13/2050:11> »
If there's enough barghest, I'm sorely tempted to have Fionn make a pseudo-kilt.

I think you'll need to take out the alpha to have a contrasting color for the tartan. ;)

Sam's not going to bother with the hide. He's not bothered with being nude, though he'd kill for some decent footwear. Unfortunately, I don't think untanned leather would really fit the bill there. :(
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #416 on: <02-04-13/2056:46> »
1: Pseudo-kilt.
2: There are actually modern kilts that lack a tartan.  They're basically modern pants in the form of kilts.
3: If you do a tartan, it's not just about having a pattern - each specific one has a specific significance.

And unless Sam's used to running around barefoot (I don't mean "barefoot at home", I mean "15 years in the dojo"), the hide's likely going to provide his feet some protection.

I am tempted to take the spines and make some kind of handwrap for people who want something that makes them punch harder.
« Last Edit: <02-04-13/2058:37> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #417 on: <02-04-13/2107:44> »
Some protection from rocks & such, yes. But hiking with bad footgear is pretty much as bad as hiking barefoot; perhaps more so, since you're more likely to walk further & less carefully.

And yes, I know about the tartans. :) I'm a few generations removed, but I've apparently got a decent connection to the Armstrong clan.  8) Would've been fun watching the technomancer go off solo, hunting the "Great White", just to get a good plaid going, though...  ;D
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #418 on: <02-04-13/2111:32> »
No roll needed Thvor, an answer is coing soon. 

While I have you attention I wanted to address a concern I have.  Like I said I would do, I have been monitoring people's activity on the site, and it seems like folks have been on the site without posting in the thread.  I am concerned because I am wondering if you are expecting me to be engaging more.  I am deliberately waiting to do significant posts that address multiple responses, but if I am waiting for you, and you are waiting for me, no one is posting.

This is especially for my not-so-frequent posters, should I be doing one for one responses or giving everyone a chance to chime in?

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #419 on: <02-04-13/2126:23> »
I know that personally, not every time I can check the forums is a time that I can post - sizable posts from my phone are way too frustrating.

I think maybe letting people pop in to say "hey, I want to get something in here before we go past this" so that we know to wait for them wouldn't be a bad thing.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites