NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #240 on: <01-25-13/1133:15> »
Is anyone interested in continuing the fight?  Or can I go back to Sammy's bridge?   ;D

Yes please (maybe after healing the wounds, but they can do that on their own).  BTW: I'm following the road that's over the bridge.  That at least should get me somewhere civilised and it will be faster than randomly searching through the forest.  As to the direction, away from where we are now and if it's parallel to the direction I came from, I'll take ... right.

Unless anyone says otherwise, you are out of rounds, feel free to handle any rolls you need to and proceed to posting at will IC, I am quite confident in your ability to resolve the various conditions your little party is in.

Sammy's bridge is actually a footbridge with a path, not a road, it can be followed and if you wish to, I will post on that next.

For the moment though, I will have to beg indulgence.  I have a paper due today and some other homework as well, and my weekend is crowded with family responsibilities, it will probably be Monday before any significant progress will be made.  I will poke my head in and maybe post, but don't count on it.

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #241 on: <01-25-13/1142:33> »
I had no idea ....wow.
So yeah.
 :o ;D
Johnny has a couple of boxes that he woke up with but no negatives.

Side note:
Not having any in character survival skills or knowledge is gonna drive me nuts cause I personally have a lot. I.E we should move our little party asap due to the scent of blood drawing other predators, it is gonna get real cold real quick at a higher elevation at night, leaving the barghest is a waste of meat we might need depending on the distance from civilization, and more.
« Last Edit: <01-25-13/1208:34> by irisheathen »
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #242 on: <01-25-13/1901:40> »
Is anyone interested in continuing the fight?  Or can I go back to Sammy's bridge?   ;D

Yes please (maybe after healing the wounds, but they can do that on their own).  BTW: I'm following the road that's over the bridge.  That at least should get me somewhere civilised and it will be faster than randomly searching through the forest.  As to the direction, away from where we are now and if it's parallel to the direction I came from, I'll take ... right.

Unless anyone says otherwise, you are out of rounds, feel free to handle any rolls you need to and proceed to posting at will IC, I am quite confident in your ability to resolve the various conditions your little party is in.

Sammy's bridge is actually a footbridge with a path, not a road, it can be followed and if you wish to, I will post on that next.

Yes, please.  I'll follow it, it seems the most logical thing to do.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #243 on: <01-25-13/1909:27> »
I had no idea ....wow.
So yeah.
 :o ;D
Johnny has a couple of boxes that he woke up with but no negatives.

Side note:
Not having any in character survival skills or knowledge is gonna drive me nuts cause I personally have a lot. I.E we should move our little party asap due to the scent of blood drawing other predators, it is gonna get real cold real quick at a higher elevation at night, leaving the barghest is a waste of meat we might need depending on the distance from civilization, and more.
Stuff like it gets cold at high elevations, and taking the meat seem to me to fall under common sense rather than trained knowledge.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #244 on: <01-25-13/1919:22> »
Stuff like it gets cold at high elevations, and taking the meat seem to me to fall under common sense rather than trained knowledge.

Though how to properly clean a barghest...I'm not really sure that would be the sort of thing a random Joe would know. ::)

Also, while I have no objection to carving the mutt up...with nothing but sharp rocks, that'll take a while. And how are we going to carry it? Last I checked, we're a little short on pockets... ???
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #245 on: <01-25-13/1924:30> »

Though how to properly clean a barghest...I'm not really sure that would be the sort of thing a random Joe would know. ::)

Also, while I have no objection to carving the mutt up...with nothing but sharp rocks, that'll take a while. And how are we going to carry it? Last I checked, we're a little short on pockets... ???
We have those two bags that were covering the mages' heads.
« Last Edit: <01-25-13/1931:58> by Necrogigas »

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #246 on: <01-25-13/1943:03> »

We have those two bags that were covering the mages' heads.

We might need those for bandages.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #247 on: <01-25-13/2040:10> »
How big / long a foot bridge are we talking? Is it just a raised platform on rough terrain, does it cross a ravine or anything?

irisheathen

• Omae
« Reply #248 on: <01-25-13/2128:12> »
Yeah those bags. If we are stuck out here for any length of time those might end up being super useful. We could do so much with them including but not limited to: Carrying food, bandages, fishing lines, making spears, rope, making a fire, ect. Also we could use the drawstrings (if they have them) for various of the same things. Finding a few sharp rocks while they are plentiful would be to our advantage as well. We should keep ...was it gauze or cotton balls used on the magic users eyes and ears? The more I think about it since none of us have the skills to strip the hound it would be best to leave most possibly all of it. It could have untold effects like being fouled if its removed the wrong way, the smell of it could make it easier for the rest of the pack to hunt us, or if other predators smelled it they might think it was a wounded barghest and a easy meal.

All of that aside I say lets use this chance to get everyone together ,calm down, and introduce ourselves. I seriously doubt that the GM will leave us out in the total wilds for to terribly long anyway. Sorry if that was over thinking things.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #249 on: <01-25-13/2131:20> »
Yeah those bags. If we are stuck out here for any length of time those might end up being super useful. We could do so much with them including but not limited to: Carrying food, bandages, fishing lines, making spears, rope, making a fire, ect. Also we could use the drawstrings (if they have them) for various of the same things. Finding a few sharp rocks while they are plentiful would be to our advantage as well. We should keep ...was it gauze or cotton balls used on the magic users eyes and ears? The more I think about it since none of us have the skills to strip the hound it would be best to leave most possibly all of it. It could have untold effects like being fouled if its removed the wrong way, the smell of it could make it easier for the rest of the pack to hunt us, or if other predators smelled it they might think it was a wounded barghest and a easy meal.

All of that aside I say lets use this chance to get everyone together ,calm down, and introduce ourselves. I seriously doubt that the GM will leave us out in the total wilds for to terribly long anyway. Sorry if that was over thinking things.

Our safest bet, at this stage, is to find our fastest path to civilization.  Even if it's hostiles, we be able to steal some stuff or take out a patrol, take their vehicle if they have one (have to check for tracking stuff, though), and then actually have some gear, and probably a proper medkit.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #250 on: <01-25-13/2147:15> »
How big / long a foot bridge are we talking? Is it just a raised platform on rough terrain, does it cross a ravine or anything?

Not large at all, it looks like a 'keep your feet dry, mostly' kinda bridge built over a natural ford or maybe an old beaver dam.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #251 on: <01-25-13/2151:58> »
Sorry has to be said:

Wounded Barghest  ≠  Easy Meal

I appriciate your faith in my kindness, it's completely misguided and just plain wrong, but it is appriciated  ;)
« Last Edit: <01-25-13/2153:49> by Crossbow »

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #252 on: <01-25-13/2229:02> »
Hm.  Hunting lodge.  Might be helpful.  Might even have a satellite uplink if we're really lucky.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

irisheathen

• Omae
« Reply #253 on: <01-25-13/2232:51> »
Healthy Barghest was a plenty easy meal for me  8).
lol that was a joke please don't smite me.  ;D

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #254 on: <01-25-13/2233:47> »
Hunting lodge...we've been brought out here to play The Most Dangerous Game haven't we?

Characters