NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #120 on: <01-22-13/2333:40> »
What is the CM penalty you keep rolling?

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #121 on: <01-22-13/2336:02> »
Hydroraven, Clem is up again for her second pass, I assume she is moving to intercept?

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #122 on: <01-22-13/2336:47> »
The Condition Modifier, you started me with 3 Physical damage and 4 Stun damage, so I'm suffering a -2 penalty to everything but damage resistance.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #123 on: <01-22-13/2347:33> »
The Condition Modifier, you started me with 3 Physical damage and 4 Stun damage, so I'm suffering a -2 penalty to everything but damage resistance.

Okay that is why I have been confused, first of all I thought you were at -3 for wounds, but you are right about that part, but you don't use that penalty for ANY resistence test.  Roll those extra dice dude.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #124 on: <01-22-13/2353:34> »
Dunno if Torley even gets to try, but...

2d6.hits(5)=1

Oh, hey, a hit. So he'd only be down to -1 reaction. :)

Of course, I'd like to note to the group that he probably wouldn't have been much help in this regardless--going tooth & nail with magical beasts, naked? That's not his department.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #125 on: <01-22-13/2354:22> »
Hydroraven, Clem is up again for her second pass, I assume she is moving to intercept?

That's right.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #126 on: <01-22-13/2355:34> »

Okay that is why I have been confused, first of all I thought you were at -3 for wounds, but you are right about that part, but you don't use that penalty for ANY resistence test.  Roll those extra dice dude.

Oh sweet

[spoiler=Fear Resist]
2d6.hitsopen(5,6) = (1)

So that's a total of two hits.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Howl Resist]
2d6.hits(5) = (0)

So that one doesn't change.
[/spoiler]

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #127 on: <01-23-13/0001:11> »
Okay, one final IC post and then I go to bed.  For the three who can, please post about any suprise round actions you are taking, then everyone rolls initiative (except Torley, Sam, and Fione)

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #128 on: <01-23-13/0046:20> »
[spoiler=Fear Resist]
3d6.hits(5) = (2)
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Initiative]
Thvor rolled for me earlier.
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 - CM 2 = Pool 9
9d6.hits(5) = (6)

Original Initiative = 15

Now with the howl penalties, Initiative = 13
[/spoiler]

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #129 on: <01-23-13/0056:46> »
So if I understand correctly, the beast that was charging my character fell and injured itself? How far away from Clem is it? Could she run to it and get a shot at it before the next round?
« Last Edit: <01-23-13/0058:19> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #130 on: <01-23-13/0059:03> »
Okay, one final IC post and then I go to bed.  For the three who can, please post about any suprise round actions you are taking, then everyone rolls initiative (except Torley, Sam, and Fione)
To be clear, we've entered the second initiative pass of the combat round right?

So of I understand correctly, the beast that was charging my character fell and injured itself? How far away from Clem is it? Could she run to it and get a shot at it before the next round?
The tree line was 100 meter away. In one round a barghest can move, flat out, 50 meters. So I'm fairly sure its out of range.
« Last Edit: <01-23-13/0120:51> by Necrogigas »

Characters

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #131 on: <01-23-13/0120:42> »
So just to double check I need to roll willpower again?
2d6.hits(5)=0
Crap.
Rolling edge
2d6.hits(5)=0
Ok now I'm outta edge.
Ok and then roll initiative?
9d6.hits(5)=2
Crap again.

If Johnny isn't frozen in fear, if Johnny can get up before the GIANT KILLER DOGS get to him, can Johnny fight with his hands tied since he is a martial artist? You know before the banshee dog screams again.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #132 on: <01-23-13/0136:49> »
So of I understand correctly, the beast that was charging my character fell and injured itself? How far away from Clem is it? Could she run to it and get a shot at it before the next round?
The tree line was 100 meter away. In one round a barghest can move, flat out, 50 meters. So I'm fairly sure its out of range.

I just don't want to make any assumptions.

If Clem sees she's too far to reach the beast, she'll look around her for a makeshift weapon and wait for the beasts to get closer. Whichever beast gets close enough for her to get to in one IP and strike she'll go to.

Here's a perception roll for any weapons nearby. Perception 5 + Intuition 4 (9d6.hits(5)=3)
And here's the Initiative roll Reaction 7 + Intuition 4 - 1 (10d6.hits(5)=6) which gives Clem a 16.

Wow, Invisible Castle must really love me today!
« Last Edit: <01-23-13/0433:25> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #133 on: <01-23-13/0149:08> »

And Sammy neither I guess, as she's not there (mentally that is).  She will notice as soon as one of those barghests takes a bite out of her.

Question: if you're paralysed, can you still take mental actions (like matrix actions)?  If so, the watcher can go back to the astral.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Gorean

« Reply #134 on: <01-23-13/0409:20> »