NEWS

a question about gecko items

• 6 Replies

beastman420

• Newb
« on: <03-20-14/2242:03> »
are there only geckk gloves or are there boots too were i can get in some kind spider man similar action

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-20-14/2253:58> »
From the description, Gecko Tape Gloves are actually a set that includes gloves, kneepads, and slip-on-soles. I'm not sure I'd want to use the wireless bonus in 5th edition though; I'd hate to be 100 stories up, and have some enemy decker or TM turn the adhesive off!  :o

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #2 on: <03-21-14/0058:28> »
From the description, Gecko Tape Gloves are actually a set that includes gloves, kneepads, and slip-on-soles. I'm not sure I'd want to use the wireless bonus in 5th edition though; I'd hate to be 100 stories up, and have some enemy decker or TM turn the adhesive off!  :o

Please. you wouldn't feel it.

:P

Seriously? Yea that is an issue. But like all wireless bonuses...there is some risk involved.

But also some measure of common sense on the half the GM too really needs to be applied some times.

The Matrix, while infinite in size, is also very cluttered if you think about. Millions, if not billions of points of connection, those grouped into clusters. then those clusters into clusters, and those clusters in clusters.... So as a Random even? Please :(  However, if say they spotted you from some other means (random drone, a camera, someone looking up?) I could see some sick twisted little Rigger/Hacker going:

"Hey turning off that assholes gecko equipment will give me 10 seconds entertainment...."

"LOOK!!!!" <pointing at your splattered corpse>  "Neo classical 20th Century modern art! Lets go get a Soykaf"
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <03-21-14/0730:16> »
Considering gecko grips and grenade casings from 4E, I'd say that you can add "gecko" feature to virtually anything. I think I'm gonna slap it on my new character's shades, so that they won't fall off once drek hits the oscillating device.

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <03-21-14/0748:13> »

Please. you wouldn't feel it.

:P

You're probably correct; I imagine the heart attack you would be having falling 100 stories would tend to distract from the impending sudden stop. Or possibly soiling yourself would be the distraction. Probably both.  :P

Solarious

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <03-21-14/2103:36> »
If your plan involves a 100 story exterior climb and no BASE parachute then don't you deserve it a little?
« Last Edit: <03-21-14/2106:20> by Solarious »

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <03-22-14/0110:16> »
If your plan involves a 100 story exterior climb and no BASE parachute then don't you deserve it a little?

Yes, yes you would.