NEWS

The dumpshock boards.

• 17 Replies

baronspam

• Omae
« on: <05-18-11/1650:25> »
Question:  Does anyone here also read dumpshock.com?  I registered for an account there, and verified from the link in the email they sent me.  The account is active, but I don't have permission to reply to any posts, and I can't post there to ask anyone about it.  Any ideas who to contact and how to go about it if I can't use their boards?

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #1 on: <05-19-11/0723:05> »
sure, there's a thread especially for this, since there has been a huge influx of spam bots over there . .
but right now, the board is down anyway, so we will all have to be patient . .
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <05-19-11/0726:28> »
:D

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #3 on: <05-19-11/0757:25> »
Question:  Does anyone here also read dumpshock.com?  I registered for an account there, and verified from the link in the email they sent me.  The account is active, but I don't have permission to reply to any posts, and I can't post there to ask anyone about it.  Any ideas who to contact and how to go about it if I can't use their boards?
There are a few DS mods that are also active posters over on these forums, I'm sure one of them will be by to help out in a bit.  Like Stahlseele already mentioned, though, the DS forums are having some technical issues at the moment anyways, so it might be a little while.

Having "spam" in your user name probably doesn't do you any favors during the whole "new account verification" process on most forums, huh?   ;)

EmperorPenguin

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <05-19-11/0921:21> »
But of course he's clean - no spambot would try to hide in plain sight like that!   :)

It would have a clever name of random words like "VerilyJeeves" or "FrogExpense" or "MultitudeOnus".

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <05-19-11/1444:17> »
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

Morg

« Reply #6 on: <05-19-11/2134:23> »
I fail hard at registering   :-[

I am not a Caned Ham Automaton
« Last Edit: <05-19-11/2151:23> by Morg »

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <05-20-11/0418:24> »
With the recent issues around reCaptcha's vulnerability to spammers, new user validation is currently only occurring via email request.

Send an email to forums@dumpshock.com from the email you registered with and we will activate your account.

-Redjack
So register with mail address 123abc@xyz.456
Then mail from that 123abc@xyz.456 address to forums@dumpshock.com
You will need to wait a bit untill a mod gets around to activating i'm afraid.

Then when you have been activated, you will need to go here:
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=31816
And post in there, so you get off of your probationary member status and can PM people and stuff.
I try to help with reporting new member postings to the moderators so they don't overlook them.

Morg

« Reply #8 on: <05-20-11/0942:52> »
@ Stahlseele  I did that, I am just bad at waiting....Need to make first post but still can't
« Last Edit: <05-20-11/1003:26> by Morg »

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #9 on: <05-20-11/1120:52> »
I have a really hard time registering on forums.  I guess spambot@spambot.com is a poor email choice.

Seriously though I think alot of the "old guard" from dumpshock lurk here and there as well.  You can take the shadowrun to a different forum but you cant take the shadowrun out of the fanboy.  It's a shame we've lost alot of long time posters over last few years though.
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <05-20-11/1152:36> »
@ Stahlseele  I did that, I am just bad at waiting....Need to make first post but still can't
ah, yes, patience . . my old arch nemesis . .

Morg

« Reply #11 on: <05-24-11/1009:06> »
WoW is the waiting list ever long...

Gnomercy

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <05-24-11/1206:17> »
I managed to get registered and verified pretty quickly....but I used the same username as I have here, so that might have helped.

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <05-24-11/1231:03> »
Redjack says all has been taken care of O.o

Morg

« Reply #14 on: <05-24-11/1240:09> »
Still can't post  :'(