NEWS

The "Undetectable" Gun... or how to sneak a gun on a Balistic flight...

• 143 Replies

gfrobbin84

• Newb
« Reply #135 on: <03-31-13/0023:19> »
Screw all this work to sneak a gun just be an adept with the ability to throw anything and walk on board with a deck of cards aka 52 rounds if pure death.

Love that idea but I'm not sure that they could do enough damage.... Plus bullseye only exists in the marvel comics :p

Actually it is pretty easy to get the dmg up pretty high as their is another ability that ups dmg and range as well like critical strike does for hand to hand.  UmaroVI's neoprimitive trolls cards and  pens would do 8P and I built a Orc once that could throw them for 7P and do like 8P unarmed as a starting 400 BP character.  So yeah dmg is easy.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #136 on: <04-01-13/0020:39> »
An Adept with Commanding Voice would also work. They shout "Drop the gun" duder drops it then everyone piles on. All nice and nonlethal.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #137 on: <04-01-13/0438:29> »
Screw all this work to sneak a gun just be an adept with the ability to throw anything and walk on board with a deck of cards aka 52 rounds if pure death.

Love that idea but I'm not sure that they could do enough damage.... Plus bullseye only exists in the marvel comics :p

Missile Mastery (Street Magic, 178) defines their damage code to be (Strength/2)P, and Power Throw can increase that.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Automaton

• Chummer
« Reply #138 on: <04-08-13/1016:36> »
Okay, can someone som up what exactly you need to have to get a gun onto a plane undetected?

I have read the whole discussion but I lost track along the way. And I would love to have that info for an upcoming session I'm Gming.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #139 on: <04-08-13/1313:11> »
you'd probably need something very small, that breaks into other pieces that resemble normal stuff like make up holders/pens etc, that are also shielded from chemical sniffers and made of stuff that doesnt alert MAD detectors.
very high social skills to bluff it through security when they undoubtedly have a look at it.
someone on the inside who can get ammunition into a high security area and get a means of getting it to you inside the terminal
total idiocy to then use the weapon on a small, flying, crowded, aliminium tube that you are stuck on with a whole load of witnesses to your crime, until it is landed in an airport full of police wanting to arrest you.

probably the dumbest plan ever, just tail the dude on his way to the airport and kill him in his car/the car park/on the way to the terminal/in the terminal, just not on the bloody plane lol.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #140 on: <04-08-13/1416:15> »
I simply cannot, in any way, imagine Kane ever sounding like a cop.
Which, when you stop and think about it, make him the perfect deep cover cop.
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #141 on: <04-08-13/1719:49> »
I simply cannot, in any way, imagine Kane ever sounding like a cop.
Which, when you stop and think about it, make him the perfect deep cover cop.
And how many folks thought he'd make a decent cosplayer;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #142 on: <04-10-13/2236:54> »
Okay, can someone som up what exactly you need to have to get a gun onto a plane undetected?

I have read the whole discussion but I lost track along the way. And I would love to have that info for an upcoming session I'm Gming.

Your best bet would be the SA Puzzler or WW Infiltrator from Arsenal.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

DamienHollow

« Reply #143 on: <04-10-13/2239:40> »

There is a run in Jet Set in which the players are caught in the middle of a suicide attack on a ballistic-flight.