NEWS

Pimp My Gear Out!!

• 136 Replies

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <02-20-11/1505:44> »
Could you quickdraw from a holster, slip on the sling, then fire all as a simple? I'd think "quickdrawing" from slung across your back may be possible tho with Iajitsu.

The Mod I question comes from farther up. A full sized shotgun as an underbarrel weapon seams.... unlikely.

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <02-20-11/1507:47> »
I'm currently running a double barrel crossbow and double barrel Pred IVs

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #17 on: <02-20-11/1650:25> »
How about a flamethrower with an underbarrel flamethrower?
Mind you, for close combat bunker storming mayhem, I like an automatic shotgun with an underbarrel flamethrower.
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #18 on: <02-20-11/1707:32> »
The Mod I question comes from farther up. A full sized shotgun as an underbarrel weapon seams.... unlikely.
Full sized, no.  But a "Masterkey" system is very popular with entry positions with SWAT and Military Units.  (A Masterkey is an under-barrel-mounted shotgun.).  They're originally use Sawed-Off Remington 870 Pump Shotguns, but the TV Show "Sons of Guns" made one with a Saiga 12.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <02-20-11/1938:53> »
Full sized, no.  But a "Masterkey" system is very popular with entry positions with SWAT and Military Units.  (A Masterkey is an under-barrel-mounted shotgun.).  They're originally use Sawed-Off Remington 870 Pump Shotguns, but the TV Show "Sons of Guns" made one with a Saiga 12.

I'll bet it don't fire bursts and have a 50 round drum.  :D
But it ain't in my campaign so I'm not tryin to start a hub-bub.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #20 on: <02-20-11/2120:00> »
No, it was semi-auto and fed from what I think was a 5-Shell Magazine, loaded with Breaching Loads.  It was a special order for a SWAT team that wanted something for rapid entry so that their breacher didn't need to transition to his sidearm after using the shotgun on the door.

A Short Barrelled Defiance T-250 with Shock-Lock Shells would be perfect for a Masterkey system on a Shadowrun Assault Rifle.  AK-97 and T-250 combo would be classic Shadowrun!  It's what "Matilda" is, BTW.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #21 on: <02-21-11/0138:03> »

I'll bet it don't fire bursts and have a 50 round drum.  :D
But it ain't in my campaign so I'm not tryin to start a hub-bub.
This topic has been argued on several threads now.  The issue that's not in a grey area is in the second weapon I listed... It should be a Foregrip instead of a Shockpad, but I haven't gotten around to changing that, so I list it here.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #22 on: <02-21-11/1021:52> »
Also, drum mods are only available for SMGs and Assault Rifles, but you've already made it clear that RAW doesn't matter too much to you, so whatevs.

Here's a combat-purposed SUV, straight out of the presidential motorcade.

Rover 2068 Comes with High Amenities, Passenger Protection 2, Anti-theft System and Off-road suspension.
+ Rigger Cocoon
+ Ram Plate
+ 13 Concealed Armor
+ Engine Customization (Acceleration)
+ Concealed Remote Turret (Restricted Gear/ Avail 20) w/ Ares MP-LMG set for HV fire w/ Underbarrel MGL-12 Grenade launcher (basically the MGL 6.)
++Ammo bin
--Swap out Radar and Camera for R6 versions, and Atmosphere sensor for Barometer.

Final statsHandling +1 (0 on pavement; +2 in off-road conditions) Accel 24/42 Speed 140 Bod 13 Armor 13 Pilot 2 Device RatingSensor 6

Rams for 26P damage with no dice penalty for exceeding its walking rate.  Rigger cocoon prevents ramming damage directed at driver. 
Gun is fully RCd by the vehicle and capable of engaging up to 4 targets per pass in Full-auto fire, or showering grenades if necessary.  Can do better in play, natch.

Total cost: 50k + Restricted Gear or 15 BP

Ares Air supply Drone Comes with Obsolescence (-1 to device rating), Improved Takeoff and Landing 2 and Special Storage
+ Chameleon Coating
+ 18 Armor
+ Special Armor modification (Nonconductivity 10)
+ External, Remote Control, Fixed, Reinforced Weapon Mount w/ GE Vanquisher Heavy Autocannon (Restricted Gear)
++ Ammo bin
-- Sensors switchced, etc

Final statsHandling 0 Accel 24/112 Speed 240 Bod 6 Armor 18 Pilot 2 Device RatingSensor 6

Thanks to Improved Takeoff, this is a full VTOL aircraft capable of hovering around during operations.  If you want to keep it covert until needed (radar is a problem) just store it in the back of a semi.  Anyway, it's a gunship with a tankbuster cannon on the front of the mother.
You know, lovely 11P -6AP  15 round bursts.  Murder on a stick.  Engage 5 targets withing 2 meters of each other from 2,400m away.  This thing is a beastly bit of cavalry.  Use its storage to smuggle goods or to drop ordinance on top of targets.  Nothing says lovin like about 100 HE grenades dropped on a hostile target.

Total cost: 50k + Restricted Gear or 15 BP 
It will cost more to upgrade it for independent operation, but, really, this terrifying bastard deserves a dedicated rigger.
« Last Edit: <02-21-11/1037:18> by Kontact »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #23 on: <02-21-11/1154:59> »
The A-10 Warthog just got itself a Drone Variant!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #24 on: <02-21-11/1842:50> »
I want to make a Pimped Ride Motorcycle with an Oil Slick Sprayer (loaded with napalm, or nanomachines) or a minedropper, or a rear mounted flamethrower.  Dammit, I want my Lightcycle!
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #25 on: <02-21-11/1910:30> »
I want to make a Pimped Ride Motorcycle with an Oil Slick Sprayer (loaded with napalm, or nanomachines) or a minedropper, or a rear mounted flamethrower.  Dammit, I want my Lightcycle!
I want Kit from Knight Rider, I'm talking circa 1982 with David Hasselhoff!  An AI in a super tricked out car...

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #26 on: <02-21-11/1955:05> »
I want a C-N Jackrabbit that scares Lone Star Patrol-1s because I somehow was able to make it literally blow their doors off as I fly by.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Sid

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <02-21-11/2123:21> »
Thundercloud Contrail (Motorcycle, 10 mod slots)
- Enhanced Rigger's Cocoon (2)
- Motorcycle Gyro-stabilisation (1)
- Amphibious Operation L2 (4)
- Life Support L2 (3)
*Run-Flat Tires
*Morphing Plates
*Spoof Chip

Basically, it's a submersible motorcycle. Personal choice on whether to take the stabilisation or nano-maintenance. The latter is probably going to save your ass if there's ever a bullet hole leak.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #28 on: <02-22-11/0425:46> »
You do realize you are not allowed to quickdraw a Panther right?  Pistol sized weapons only, and the Panter is XXL not pistol sized.

I realize that. Which is why I discussed my concept for the weapon at length with my GM. (His game, His choices) He said he'd allow it and placed his conditions for it's use.

Melee Hardening?  I would say add a Bayonet.
Considering how much that weapon system cost, I'd rather make sure it can't be disabled if it HAS to be used as a striking weapon. While a bayonet might make practical since, in this case I decided against it, because it cost more than I had to spend, also in the end the PC has got spurs, and a sword. both of which can be utilized separately and more effectively than from the panther.  I'm not saying you're wrong to choose a bayonet, but at the end of the day my PC would much rather push someone away and shoot them for 10P -5AP than keep them close enough for a blade fight.

Iajutsu aside, the standard consumer can not quickdraw a PantherXXL so I highly doubt there even EXISTS a quickdraw holster for the PantherXXL.
Here is way I describe that quick draw holster. It's a troll size duffel bag, the inner core of the bag is the panther, surrounding the panther are 2 pieces of a rough foam cut out that on the sides molds to the weapon, making it look more or less like a well packed bag, implanted in the foam are RFID tags that read as clothing, food, and some other random junk so if it gets scanned by a tag reader, it'll read normal stuff. (Before it comes up. Yes my PC bought the weapon clean from the black market and made VERY SURE that it had no RFID tags inside the internal parts of the weapon.) The weapon's sling system looks like it's the bag's strap, but is actually fed through the slits in the bag that allow for the bag itself to fall away when it is unzipped. When the gun needs to be brought out, the PC just unzips the bag. once the nylon "bag"(case) falls away, the foam falls away, which leaves the panther completely un-holstered, and ready to make people into salsa. 8) The only thing that requires real modification to the bag is the part where the sling slides into and out of place, otherwise everything used in it's design can be found between a sporting goods retailer (bag), a clothing shop (for the misleading RFID's), and a parcel shipping company (the foam to encase the weapon). No it won't hide the panther from a visual search, conducted by a person, or the proper scanners, it's not meant too. but I wouldn't want to be be the guy who rifles through a bag that looks like it's carrying someone's smelly, dirty laundry... :P otherwise, it does exactly what i need, keeps that big ass gun out of sight, out of mind for all the people walking down X street. Since the PC doesn't carry it into area's where KE and major security operate unless he can smuggle it around. that doesn't matter much to him.

I didn't think my last post was gonna be the cause of such a hot bed of discussion. I hope this all explains it better. :-\
« Last Edit: <02-22-11/0438:03> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #29 on: <02-22-11/1144:54> »
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, someone got a Panther Cozy!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11