• Newb
« on: <10-18-13/1829:44> »
mmmm.. I continue to love these...

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #1 on: <10-18-13/2109:44> »
Me too.

Especially when a player rolls a critical glitch and has no edge left to re-roll.

<evil, manic laughter>
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #2 on: <10-18-13/2125:47> »
Reaver is a good example of why I never use Edge for anything except rerolling to avoid critical glitches.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <10-18-13/2158:29> »
Reaver is a good example of why I never use Edge for anything except rerolling to avoid critical glitches.

Smart players ALWAYS keep a couple of edge is reserve just for those "OH CRAP!!!" moments.

But then again.... some players are SMRT smart.

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Maskerade

• Newb
  • Reality may not match advertised product
« Reply #4 on: <10-19-13/1123:39> »
Smart players ALWAYS keep a couple of edge is reserve just for those "OH CRAP!!!" moments.

Of course, my luck means that I have to use an edge point on this, then my character promptly goes and fails to avoid being knocked off the speeding train... which I could have used that point of edge on -_-
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <10-19-13/1135:41> »

Of course, my luck means that I have to use an edge point on this, then my character promptly goes and fails to avoid being knocked off the speeding train... which I could have used that point of edge on -_-

yep, those monowhips will cut anything very nicely.... and that includes you!!!

hence why I love them so much!

<More Evil laughter!!!>

Course, I DID have this fantastic villain....tonnes of delta grade cyber and bio... moving like lighting, armored up the whazzo with Military grade gear, and a focus in monowhips. She was going to rip my players a new to show them that they can NOT rip off the Yakuza and get away with it....

She snuck up on 2 of the characters while they where on overwatch.... pulled out her monowhip...

Critical glitch. (CRAP!!!!!!!!!)

So, I used Edge to try to get her out of the hole...

Criticial Glitch AGAIN!!!! (double CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!)

And so I bite the bullet and role damage resistance.

Glitch. (OMGWTF CRAP!!!!!!!!)

7 boxes of damage.

Both players turn....

BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM! BLAM!!!

They made almost 800k selling off her body to a chop shop.

Last time I EVER give an NPC a monowhip.  :'(

Koshnek

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <10-19-13/1508:04> »
I read you can have this as a cyber finger compartment, but don't see it in the book. Can you do that in SR5?

Edit: Ugh, I apologize for even asking the question. I have no idea how I missed the paragraph at the top of the next page. I've even read it before.
« Last Edit: <10-19-13/1812:37> by Koshnek »
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Voice chat & Subvocal

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <10-19-13/1855:49> »
I read you can have this as a cyber finger compartment, but don't see it in the book. Can you do that in SR5?

Edit: Ugh, I apologize for even asking the question. I have no idea how I missed the paragraph at the top of the next page. I've even read it before.

;D

happens all the time dude, don't worry about it :P

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <10-22-13/2218:35> »
Biggest dick thing you can ever do? String a piece of it across an alley while your buddy is being chased by go-gangers. He knows to duck, they don't.

Plop.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <10-23-13/0103:01> »
Biggest dick thing you can ever do? String a piece of it across an alley while your buddy is being chased by go-gangers. He knows to duck, they don't.

Plop.

why is monowire dangerous....

Cause sick lil f**kers like my players string it across Go-gang territory then sit back with popcorn.  :'(

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <10-23-13/0223:23> »
And that is why gecko grip is one of my favourite weapon mods.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <10-23-13/0519:38> »
And that is why gecko grip is one of my favourite weapon mods.

often wondered:

How DO you apply a tacky substance to a sting a few molicules thick??? I am the gecko grip stuff is THICKER then the line! would the line just neatly slice through it?

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <10-23-13/0644:35> »
The swinging end of a mono-filament whip is weighted, so holding the handle turns it into a wire cheese slicer. If either end isn't properly weighted, you might as well be waving paper streamers around.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <10-23-13/0758:40> »
The swinging end of a mono-filament whip is weighted, so holding the handle turns it into a wire cheese slicer. If either end isn't properly weighted, you might as well be waving paper streamers around.

sorry, I meant on a monowire :P

yea on a whip it would totally work :D

WrongConcept

• Chummer
  • "This demonstrates my stupidity"
« Reply #14 on: <10-23-13/1339:32> »

Plop.

why is monowire dangerous....

Cause sick lil f**kers like my players string it across Go-gang territory then sit back with popcorn.  :'(

I will ruin someone with this, i love the internet for giving me the best ideas, the only problem is... How much real popcorns cost? on the sprawl
"Welcome to the Shadows... We bake cookies on tuesdays and prepare for mass murder on saturdays, we do rest at sundays to start murdering on Monday... WHY?! my thats a stupid question, because mondays suck!" -Mad Gunner Brian