NEWS

SR6 Archetypes CRB

• 4 Replies

Alrician

• Newb
« on: <04-08-22/0403:17> »
(I kept the topic more general, I'm sure I'll have more questions soon...)

Can someone explain to me why the Street Samurai archetype in CRB p. 90 has 7K damage in unarmed combat?

Base value are 2K (dermal deposits)
  +2 for titanium bone
= 4K

Did they add the damage value of the retractable spur? It's not mentioned anywhere else under "Weapons". But the rules don't actually give that as a damage bonus.
« Last Edit: <04-08-22/0416:06> by Alrician »

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <04-08-22/0525:50> »
In the original Version of the Core rules, Unarmed Combat Damage was Strength/2. With the Cyberarm Strength at 10, that would be 5+2 for the Titanium Bones.

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <04-08-22/1158:08> »
Yeah.  In the original CRB, Unarmed Combat was in this weird place where hyper strong characters did less damage when they picked up a weapon.  Now, unarmed combat damage is 2S regardless of strength, but strength adds to Attack Rating.  Bone lacing and density were also adjusted.  Now Strength is in a weird place where it has no major gameplay domain, it's just an extremely expensive way to raise attack rating.  I'm expecting the Sixth World Companion to have some optional rules to make strength more important.

Sugarpink

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <04-08-22/1451:59> »
Yeah.  In the original CRB, Unarmed Combat was in this weird place where hyper strong characters did less damage when they picked up a weapon.  Now, unarmed combat damage is 2S regardless of strength, but strength adds to Attack Rating.  Bone lacing and density were also adjusted.  Now Strength is in a weird place where it has no major gameplay domain, it's just an extremely expensive way to raise attack rating.  I'm expecting the Sixth World Companion to have some optional rules to make strength more important.

The Martial Arts technique "Precision Strikes" from Firing Squad allows you to add STR/3, round up to weapon attacks (not unarmed though).

It's not much, but it's a start.

And I guess when you are really into Martial Arts and Grappling, then Strength becomes pretty important.

Other than that it's still pretty meh.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-09-22/0316:03> »
As a melee character focusing on melee weapons you probably don't want to completely ignore strength since it is also used as a threshold against Wrest attempts.