NEWS

[IC] Vexboy's private node

• 26 Replies

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« on: <01-23-16/2140:09> »
>>>>>[OKAY I AM IN ABSOLUTE PANIC! Remember that fireworks job Scatter's fixer set me up with? Something about it didnt feel right? Well after begging and a small bribe I was able to get video of the fireworks. Ive posted it below.]<<<<<

*the video shows about 5 minutes of red and blue fireworks being set off in succession. It just looks like assorted red and blue fireworks. It is taken at an angle to show a large high class garden party on a rooftop*

>>>>>[At first I didnt make any connections. I tried every trick in the book. Every single one. Then on a whim I showed my sister whom I trust with my life and my privacy. She spent about 4 hours then handed me some papers with a bunch of dots and lines. Two sets. One with red fireworks as dots and blue as lines and vice versa. She said that it was all she got and for the love of god dont get myself killed. She said it was called Morse Code. An ancient 5th world method of sending messages. I found an translaton key on the matrix and decoded it. One of the sets was gibberish. I have posted both sets on a file below with what each color represents if you wanna time check the colors in order yourself. I would like to state that before I go any clearer.]<<<<<

*Two text files are below*

>>>>>[Text file one. Gibberish. Text file two... translates as follows....]<<<<<

>>>>>[YELLOW LOW CUT GOWN DRAGON ON THE TRIM. HAIR IN LONG CURL PONYTAIL. BRUNETTE WITH TAN SKIN. GREEN EYES. PREGNANT. IS PARKED IN 5A PROVIDED THE VALET ACCEPTED THE BRIBE. ONCE TAKEN HANDLE WITH CARE. USE THE CHEMICAL BEFORE TRANSPORT. REPEAT. USE CHEMICAL BEFORE TRANSPORT. STRIP NAKED AND BATHE IN GREASE ONCE AT KITCHEN. COOK HAS DIET SPECIALIZED FOR HER ALREADY. SIMPLY DELIVER INTACT.]<<<<<

>>>>>[AND GUESS WHAT. HERE IS A NEWS CLIPPING FROM THE DAY OF MY JOB!]<<<<<

*Clipping shows a woman at a party who matches that description at a party. "Representive of Moms of Metahumans kidnapped from Celebrity Gala"*

>>>>>[Am I going crazy? Did I just help this lady get kidnapped? Upfront assasination in one thing but what did they mean by grease and deliver to kitchen!? I need help!]<<<<< Vexboy (08:37:38/01-23-78)

>>>>>[Look buddy. I think your being paranoid. Let me tell you every other shadowrunner gets a little nervous about being screwed by a Johnson but this is taking it bit too far. Let me check this MORSE CODE thing myself.]<<<<<
    --   Scatter (09:01:01/01-23-78)
>>>>>[Ok I have to admit that is some damning stuff right there on the second file. But im not gonna pursue or think about pursuing anything here without a third party. Shadows can play tricks kid. And im not the fastest eyes in the Meat World.]<<<<<
    -- Scatter (09:38:29/01-23-78)
« Last Edit: <01-23-16/2142:51> by Raiderjoseph »
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <01-23-16/2313:54> »
>>>>>[Vexboy, welcome to the shadows. Sometimes we do the right thing. Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money. Sometimes it is the same thing. You did indeed help a lady get kidnapped. Actually, that's a pretty slick setup. Total low tech approach, no need to worry about jammers or incriminating matrix messages for someone to find. No way to pinpoint who at the party got the message. As for the 'gibberish', you're probably looking at a secondary code. Morse isn't commonly used these days, except by navy types. They only use it because when you're out in the middle of the ocean you can get dead zones even with satellite, especially with weather in the area, and even when there's enough static in the air to make radio sketchy, a series of light flashes is easy to read, even at night. Some special ops teams use it as well, because it can be used as a low tech comms system. They use it not only because sometimes people are looking for wireless signals instead of sunlight flashing off a mirror, but because low tech solutions still work even if you've been stripped of all your high tech gear and are on the run. But I digress.

Suffice to say, the talk about chemical is likely something to keep her sedated long enough to get to the 'kitchen', or to throw off pursuit, either by eliminating trace evidence or disguising scent trails. As for the bathing in grease and the cook having things ready... well, I'd say she, and her child, are guests of Tamanous now, or some other group of ghouls. Maybe other Infected, or just plain sickos, but I'll go with ghouls.

Like I said, welcome to the shadows.]<<<<<

--Iceblade (23:13:23/01-23-78)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <01-23-16/2323:48> »
>>>>>[If it makes you feel better Vexboy her rich as hell husband just put a 1000000 nuyen bounty on her safe return so that should make the part of convincing the runners here to help you "save her", and don't say your not going to, from insert evil organization. I hate my fixer to death. He is an asshole and a Cram addict who once threatened to sell me to NEOnet for nuyen for drugs if I didn't accept a job. I would have no problem silently hacking into his commlink and calling in some deep resonance favors to track down our Johnson. I have other less steady but capable fixers. But before I do anything I want a full team. We have a unique advantage here that we have the way to track the guy who started all this. But at the same point I am not suicidal and I want a group of vets. No offence but I have only been doing this for about 3 years and your barely a month in. We need expierence. So I might as well ask. Anyone wanna team up and find this chick?]<<<<<
     -- Scatter
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Black Bart

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <01-24-16/0012:10> »
>>>>>[Sounds like you're in deep Vex. I'd throw my hat in but, it looks like Scatter's not taking just anyone. Be glad to hear of any changes though. "MOMS" is a pretty good org.]<<<<<
                                            --Black Bart (00:02:17/01-24-78)
Don't tell Lynn I'm not working right now...

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <01-24-16/0030:42> »
>>>>>[Hey wait a sec! If your willing to help you can definitely come with us!]<<<<<
   -- Vexboy (12:30:56/01-24-78)
Thoughts
Mentor

Black Bart

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <01-24-16/0106:09> »
>>>>>[I'm ready when you need me.]<<<<<                                        --Black Bart (01:04:08/01-25-78)

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <01-24-16/1043:39> »
>>>>>[Contacted a Sammy. Has some major skill but inexperienced. What is your skill set Bart?]<<<<<
   -- Scatter (10:43:78/01-24-78)
Thoughts
Mentor

Black Bart

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <01-24-16/1456:04> »
>>>>>[What do you mean by skill set? I have plenty of skills but they're applicable to plenty of situations.]<<<<<                                                               
                                         --Black Bart (14:44:41/01-25-2078)

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <01-24-16/1459:25> »
>>>>>[If you want a lot of skill and experience, be prepared to pay through the nose for it.]<<<<<
   -- Predator (14:58:09/01-24-2078)
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Black Bart

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <01-24-16/1508:04> »
>>>>>[Yeah that seven figure payday would get stretched pretty thin.]<<<<<
                                     --Black Bart (15:06:00/01-25-2078)

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <01-24-16/1512:15> »
>>>>>[These days, given what I pull in through various other means, that cool mil would be the minimum to get me to the meet.]<<<<<
   -- Predator (15:11:08/01-24-2078)

Black Bart

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <01-24-16/1520:49> »
>>>>>[It'd be nice if I was in that situation. But I need money something awful.]<<<<<
                                 --Black Bart (15:15:43/01-25-78)

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <01-24-16/1549:25> »
>>>>>[Im not taking a cut. This is my fault and while I wouldnt expect those who don't follow the Dragonslayer to understand I am honorbound to take the job without pay. If all of us here agree thay would place a 250000 for a a crew of 5.]<<<<<
   -- Vexboy (03:48:34/01-24-78)
Thoughts
Mentor

Black Bart

• Chummer
« Reply #13 on: <01-24-16/1602:23> »
>>>>>[Hell, I don't need that much. Fifty thou and I'm way in. As long as some good legwork and we know where the Mom is. I don't wanna go against Tamanous if we don't know she's even there. I can case a few places if need be. Get a decker and our magical areas covered.]<<<<<           
                               --Black Bart (15:58:45/01-25-2078)

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <01-24-16/1604:48> »
>>>>>[Frag it. If he'll take 50 grand, then I'll go in for the rest of his share added to the base share.]<<<<<
   -- Kensai (16:03:12/01-24-2078)
« Last Edit: <01-24-16/1606:47> by All4BigGuns »