NEWS

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Double Clutch Discussion
« Last post by cantrip on Today at 11:29:10 »
From inside the car? Must be distracting to the other passengers...
That would be!  :)
Lucky for them they are working from the outside in......

Keeps it toasty so you don't have to wait for the heater to kick in.
LOL!

I just want this to happen in my game sometime! ;D
Oh and I’ve updated the file with some of Banshee’s suggestions to hopefully make the file more user friendly. Happy to finesse further, this is a WIP!

Now let’s see what other vehicles people can come up with :D
2nd attempt:

Evo Stormcloud [Hover board]

[H1, A13, I45, Sp115, B2, A2, P1, S1, St1] w. Rigger Interface, Gecko Strip Plate

Bike 3BP
Hover 12BP
Basic Console 3BP
Improved Bod 2 8BP
Decreased Seats -2BP
Decreased Size 2 -8BP
Improved Top Speed 1 5BP

Mass Produced x0.5

Gecko Tips 2 3000 nuyen (this provides the ‘seat’ as the rider is ‘glued’ to the board)
Rigger Interface 1000 nuyen

Total cost 15500 nuyen

Evo Hurricane [Hover board]

As above + secondary VTOL propulsion system would give limited flight time for +18000 nuyen but availability would climb to 7…
General Discussion / Re: Player generated plot
« Last post by MercilessMing on <10-20-21/1741:58> »
I will usually roll with it if it leads to a good story or a run.  I will squirm out of it when it's free money.  Some players enjoy a more sandbox campaign, and start thinking beyond the run that falls in their laps. 

1. They find out that  X is really needed in lets say Toronto. They have contacts in Detroit that have X, everyone is afraid to make the trip AND  don't have the gear to do do. They do.
X is needed in Toronto and they know where to get it; this sounds like a perfect self-started run and I would roll with it.  In fact, you should take credit as the GM for seeding those opportunities, which you totally did on purpose and wasn't at all a dumb coincidence.

2. They find that Corp A has bet a fortune on a presentation of new tech Z, they know the presentation is going to be a disaster, they are short changing the stock AND making sure the disaster  is EPIC.
Shorting the stock of the company they just ran against for a quick, massive payday?  Nope, I will not abide.  This is just one variation on get rich quick schemes that entrepreneuring players could come up with.  Shadowrun is not a nuyen engine building game.  Rewards in my game follow narrative and dramatic rules.  Big payouts for big risks or big moments.  My solution to the stock trading scheme:
      1 - Record how much nuyen is on the bet and which SIN is involved
      2 - Run happens, players go to cash in on their bet
      3 - Have the bank inform the SIN owner that "some irregularities were identified when processing this transaction; these funds are not currently available".  which is nice-speak for "your SIN has been flagged by law enforcement and these assets are frozen". 
      4 - The fallout from that would either be a burned SIN and money lost, or, the seed for another run against the bank to free the cash.
You can do the same thing with underground betting markets.  Whoever runs the betting ring notices the transaction, and either does not honor it, or extracts a price - "You seem to have a kind of prescience for corporate disasters; you'll get your money when you do X Y and Z for me".
3. They found that the info from project K they found during a run, would be MUCH more valuable if they happened to use it themselves  to make product V that they know where to get the equipment to make.
another nuyen engine building situation.  Other RPGs that feature crafting run into this problem too.  If your players can make more money crafting cyberware or enchanting potions, are they done running the shadows?  I sometimes allow this, if it's a one time thing and it leads into a run - for example, the equipment to make the product has to be procured from a suitably high risk place, and can only be used once.  If the players are looking for a repeatable production situation, and you don't want to do that, you just have to talk to your players about the kind of game you want to play - a game about shadowruns, not a business tycoon simulator. 
In game, you can squash repeat productions by saying the equipment only has enough ingredient X for one use, but more could be procured on the black market.  Of course, the owners of project K are on the lookout for people asking about ingredient X, and set a trap for the runners.  Should they survive, they should get the idea that this path carries considerable risk.
If you and your players DO want to play a campaign about building a little criminal empire, I'd suggest trying to adapt the ideas in Blades in the Dark to a Shadowrun campaign.  For that to work, you need to have concepts like rival gangs and factions in play that can threaten the players' holdings.

General Discussion / Player generated plot
« Last post by Antique on <10-20-21/1538:01> »
Your player have decided to be their own Johnson for once. Based on some info they gathered during one of their run, they figured a way to either
1. Score a massive amount of ny
2.get their hand on something they really want
3. Advance one of their agenda

So how do you handle it when it really is outside what they should be gaining  BUT it make perfect sense, reward their use and nurturing of contacts and skills

It could be
1. They find out that  X is really needed in lets say Toronto. They have contacts in Detroit that have X, everyone is afraid to make the trip AND  don't have the gear to do do. They do.
2. They find that Corp A has bet a fortune on a presentation of new tech Z, they know the presentation is going to be a disaster, they are short changing the stock AND making sure the disaster  is EPIC.
3. They found that the info from project K they found during a run, would be MUCH more valuable if they happened to use it themselves  to make product V that they know where to get the equipment to make.

So how do you handle these?
Awesome, thanks Banshee :)

overall the sheet itself works out, might be a few layout changes I would make just for visual appeal and user friendliness if you wanted to take the time for extra features.
It was based on my character generator but any suggestions for making it easier to use are always welcome :)

it's kind of nitpicky and I would worry about it unless you end up with some downtime and want to fidget with it, but ...

the sheet allows you to double dip and select multiple items from the same category that are technically exclusive so people could easily make a mistake is they don't know that. this would be the tedious coding portion though.

some header or format clarification separating the design categories would help. you have them bolded but maybe a clear color band would help out

a sublte yet important note ... drones don't carry passengers. start with a bike chassis and decrease size
Ah, that makes sense, was wondering how to get close to the jet pack designs… will have a go at rewriting this one :)

Although isn’t the Vulcan Systems Jump Master an alternative jet pack design which is a drone? I might have misinterpreted that though…?

[/quote]

sort of ... while worn it only acts as an assistant to the jumper/skydiver ... the self propulsion only functions while operating on its own. So yes it's a drone, but while you can wear it for skydiving it does not have the power to actually carry you.

"Note that this flight system is not useable when a jumper or passenger is attached."

[H1, A6, I45, Sp100, B3, A1, P1, S1, St1*] w. Rigger Interface, Gecko Straps

Small Drone 8BP
Hover 12BP
Basic Console 3BP
Improved Bod 1 4BP
Improved Accel 2 10BP

Drone + Mass Produced x0.25

Gecko Tips 2 3000 nuyen (this provides the ‘seat’ as the rider is ‘glued’ to the board)

Total cost 12750 nuyen

A secondary VTOL propulsion system would give limited flight time for +27000 nuyen but availability would climb to 7…

a sublte yet important note ... drones don't carry passengers. start with a bike chassis and decrease size
Ah, that makes sense, was wondering how to get close to the jet pack designs… will have a go at rewriting this one :)

Although isn’t the Vulcan Systems Jump Master an alternative jet pack design which is a drone? I might have misinterpreted that though…?

overall the sheet itself works out, might be a few layout changes I would make just for visual appeal and user friendliness if you wanted to take the time for extra features.
It was based on my character generator but any suggestions for making it easier to use are always welcome :)

[H1, A6, I45, Sp100, B3, A1, P1, S1, St1*] w. Rigger Interface, Gecko Straps

Small Drone 8BP
Hover 12BP
Basic Console 3BP
Improved Bod 1 4BP
Improved Accel 2 10BP

Drone + Mass Produced x0.25

Total cost 12750 nuyen

A secondary VTOL propulsion system would give limited flight time for +27000 nuyen but availability would climb to 7…

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10