NEWS

Control Rig + Trode Net?

• 5 Replies

delroland

• Newb
« on: <09-16-13/0255:51> »
Just curious if in 4E one could use an unimplanted control rig with a trode net, similar to how cyberdecks can operate with a trode net.

Regardless of what the rules say, however, do you, the forum reader, think this should be possible?

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <09-16-13/0257:44> »
There are no Control Rigs that are not implanted.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

delroland

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <09-16-13/0301:01> »
Yes, I realize that in reading the 5E rulebook. Again, my question is if there was that option in 4E in any of the splat books, and also, to rephrase a bit, if deckers can hack without headware, why can't riggers?

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <09-16-13/0303:47> »
So...  SR4 or 5?  You say 4, but there's no such thing as a cyberdeck in 4.

In any case, it's not possible as a control rig is only an implant (and that includes in splatbooks).  There also shouldn't be - most augmentations should not generally be replicated by such simple solutions (the only non-implanted option is the Immersion echo, which doesn't qualify as simple).  In SR5, I do wish there were an option for jumping in without it.

Keep in mind that the control rig is not needed to jump in in SR4.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #4 on: <09-16-13/0425:29> »
Yes, I realize that in reading the 5E rulebook. Again, my question is if there was that option in 4E in any of the splat books, and also, to rephrase a bit, if deckers can hack without headware, why can't riggers?

because a bit of hacking software doesnt have to hook up your sensory and motor cortex to the sensors embedded in vehicles like a control rig does.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <09-17-13/0541:57> »
a decker that want to "Jump In" would need a control rig as well.