NEWS

Playing SRM w/ 6th Edition

• 6 Replies

j2klbs

• Newb
« on: <08-19-20/1212:32> »
I would love to dive back into SRM with my crew.  Some questions:

1) Are there currently any 6th edition legal missions to play?

2) My understanding is that SRM is rebooting with season 9/10.  Just confirming that we cannot play season 8 using 6th edition and then later use these characters ongoing with season 9/10.

3) Assuming there is nothing yet available for SRM and 6th edition, when is it expected that there will be missions available to play?

Thanks so much!

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-19-20/1219:59> »
Hey j2klbs!

Yes, the plague has set back conventions and convention-based plans, but SRM is still around... and yes it is using 6th world edition!

The Neo-Tokyo seasons, originally written for 5e, have now been dual statted and are available to CDT agents.  Public publication is in the works, but shouldn't take as long as it did for Chicago season 8 to see publication :P

The new SRM season is indeed a campaign reboot, taking place in Seattle.  SRM 2081-01 thru 2081-06 are also currently available to CDT agents, with -07 thru -12 due... sometime in the future.

There is a SRM FAQ document for this edition/campaign reset available as well.  Additionally, there are two CMPs available that were to be played at conventions this year: Trolling Thunder and Neo-Tokyo Twilight.  And last but not least, there are two Prime Runner missions (PM 13 Bullet Train, PM 14 Chrysanthemum Down) originally written for 5e but dual statted for 6e.  Currently these CMPs and PMs are also only available to CDT agents.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <08-19-20/1229:55> »
Can you link the FAQ? My Google Fu failed me ::)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: <08-19-20/1231:55> »
FAQ is linked in discord of Shadowrun Missions Online who already host SR6 Missions, but it's still undergoing polishing and tweaking before it's posted here as v1.1.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Boneguard

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <08-19-20/1237:32> »
[...]
There is a SRM FAQ document for this edition/campaign reset available as well.  Additionally, there are two CMPs available that were to be played at conventions this year: Trolling Thunder and Neo-Tokyo Twilight.  And last but not least, there are two Prime Runner missions (PM 13 Bullet Train, PM 14 Chrysanthemum Down) originally written for 5e but dual statted for 6e.  Currently these CMPs and PMs are also only available to CDT agents.

By the name of those CMP and Prime Runner missions, I'm assuming they are meant to complete the Neo-Tokyo arc. Do you know if they will also be made available to the general public at a later date?

j2klbs

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <08-19-20/1246:20> »
Thank you so much for all the great information!!! :D

Lormyr

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #6 on: <08-19-20/1408:56> »

I did not realize those were both dual statted. Means my Chicago character has two more play sessions I didn't realize. Nice. That will be fun to dust off at some point.
"TL:DR 6e's reduction of meaningful choices is akin to forcing everyone to wear training wheels. Now it's just becomes a bunch of toddlers riding around on tricycles they can't fall off of." - Adzling